Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It kind of came together in the end, but that doesnt excuse a number of cringeworthy lines and moments. The last few episodes were cool I guess. Overall, the season is about a 6.5/10 maybe a 7. Not excited at all about a new season unless the cast and directors are really something special

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I'm not nearly as down on it as some, but this is the best-written negative wrap-up I've read

"The most damning thing that can be said about True Detective’s second season is that it’s too amorphous to be constructively criticized. You might as well try to hold water in your hands. The sophomore outing of Nic Pizzolatto’s crime drama, which ended Sunday, was so disorganized, mannered, and altogether scatterbrained that it’s tough to say definitively what it was trying to be, much less analyze how it failed to reach whatever goals it might have set for itself. I defended it at first, but after a while I had to stop because it was making a fool of me."

http://www.vulture.com/2015/08/true-detective-what-went-wrong.html

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Thats what ive been saying. His character and story was a huge waste of time. This season needed one more rewrite with his character completely gone.
That's why NP needs a second writer or at least one director who can double as his editor and/or keep the focus on the bigger picture. I don't think NP is a terrible writer at all. I think he has a lot of good ideas but goddamn, he should not be doing everything on his own. He can't do it.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
That's why NP needs a second writer or at least one director who can double as his editor and/or keep the focus on the bigger picture. I don't think NP is a terrible writer at all. I think he has a lot of good ideas but goddamn, he should not be doing everything on his own. He can't do it.
Maybe. But as others said he had half the time to write this season as last. It was still a good season. Just needed a few adjustments.

Maybe he should take a couple years off and then come back.

I do find it hilarious how everyone wants to give cary complete credit for s1.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
did people think 2 was trash when it came out? i didnt watch it live

i didnt mean the actual show, just the consensus

Well, people weren't watching The Wire when it first came out and if they tell you they did they are lying (P.S. to the 10 people that actually watched, don't come in here saying "I did".....you are the exception)

Secondly, season 2 of The Wire is only considered trash by dummies. There is nothing worse about season 2 in terms of writing/directing/acting than any other season. Perhaps the plot is less interesting, and perhaps some of the best characters didn't get enough screen time, but everything else was top notch television

There is no comparison to True Detective season 2 which fails in virtually every aspect when compared to other so called "great" shows

If anything, you can say that TD Season 2 was The Wire's Season 5. But Season 2? :francis: Nah

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
rip Ray you just weren't fast enough and lacked true grit.

tioUkkV.gif

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was actually a more ballsy finale where things that mostly made sense happen than the first season and was possibly the best episode of the season to me. Vince Vaughn was good in this episode, legitimately.

I liked this season. It was very flawed; almost every episode had unintentional comedy, there was so much blatant exposition, the acting/dialog was trash at times. Yet, I was interested in seeing each next episode.

The good moments in this were just noticeably better than most things on tv despite everything else.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn, I wanted Frank to make it out alive :shaq2:

When will season 3 start? The wait will give me blue balls in my heart :youngsabo:

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm not nearly as down on it as some, but this is the best-written negative wrap-up I've read

"The most damning thing that can be said about True Detective’s second season is that it’s too amorphous to be constructively criticized. You might as well try to hold water in your hands. The sophomore outing of Nic Pizzolatto’s crime drama, which ended Sunday, was so disorganized, mannered, and altogether scatterbrained that it’s tough to say definitively what it was trying to be, much less analyze how it failed to reach whatever goals it might have set for itself. I defended it at first, but after a while I had to stop because it was making a fool of me."

True Detective: What Went Wrong

Well+done+gotta+say+_1b1d423fea4c2f22536ca41ead321b35.gif

Pretty much. The story was complex, cluttered and dense but I enjoyed the show for what it was.

I've been one of defenders of this season and it was a mess but it was interesting enough to keep me around for the past 7 weeks. I liked the mystery of it but don't ask me explain the plot (I've seen a few of those on blogs already). Colin did great, Rachel did great, Vince grew on me but his scenes with his wife were dragging. Taylor's character was a mistake, I can't defend that. I also can't defend that ending with Ani, Jordan and Nails with the baby (I originally thought it was Paul and Emily's kid). That was terrible. Yeah I could've been like others and nitpick every damn detail but that's what blog posts on The Chive are for.

I hope Nic takes his time with the next season or at least tries to mend ties with Cary or bring in another writer. I hope he learned from this sub-par season and comes back with some piff. Take your time Nic. I didn't mind the story being more complicated, made it fun to try and figure everything out.

This season was still better than most network shows. Give it a year or two and it might be heralded as a cult classic.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes, better than I expected when I started watching it. The last couple eps in particular have probably been the best TV so far this year.

Check it out breh. Join us in the official stickied thread.

Fred.
The Mr Robot thread is good right now, I don't need a bunch of people complaining about shyt:francis:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Everything I was going to say has already been said. Just an abysmal season. :snoop:

If they make a season three, I'm not sticking around to the end if it's like this. Wait a few years and make sure it's RIGHT; don't rush it out again.