Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have a feeling there was some serious late in the game re-writing going on. Why name Rachel McAdams Antigone if she isn't going to be involved in the Oedipus aspect of the story? Why involve Caspere, Pitlor and Chessani with Antigone's father and the commune at all? It didn't advance the plot. It was just another stupid coincidence in a story that already had way too many.

I suspect the backstory to the main plot went something like this:

1. Antigone and her brother are the kids at the jewellry store robber. They are both Caspere's illegitmate kids.
2. The cops who did the robbery on Caspere's orders find the kids and rather than kill them they drop them off - Ani at the commune, Brother at a foster home
3. Ani gets raped at the commune, leaves and becomes a cop working for Vinci
4. Early in her career she has a relationship with Caspere because he is powerful and she has repressed issues
6. Her brother has been investigating the parents murder his entire life (he is a few years older).
7. He kills Caspere
8. Ani is the cop working the case and she uncover all of this over the course of the season

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Damn Ray....why didnt you take the bag and run around the corner....then jack a damn car.....he didnt have to go out the way he went out.....

I knew Frank wasnt gonna get out clean...he should have capped them Mexicans from the joint

After what they did to the girl on the phone Frank was gonna meet; he should've handled them after that

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Finally watched the finale.

Thought it was fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Imma miss frank and ray.

Thought franks death walk was brilliant. It wrapped up his character arc very nicely.

Much better finale than s1.

As for the seasonI give it an 8.5/10.

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
With everything set in stone, I can fully admit that this season have been disappointing. If this wasn't True detective S2 I would have been dropped it

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I thought the finale kind of sucked. It started off well but Vince Vaughn getting his from the Mexicans fell flat. We didn't know much about them to care. I laughed my ass off at "Larry Bird" :mjlol:

Velcoro was dumb as hell running through the woods against a S.W.A.T. team with a handgun and a 12-gauge. The orphans were the big reveal but goddamn again, why should we care about these no-name character. We met them like once.

Nick got way too carried away. Ani and Ray shouldn't have separated either. She should have been right there with Ray trying to take all these muthafukkas down.

Now some journalist who we have never met gets to solve the case. :comeon:
Someone mentioned in here that the journalist is the same one Ray beat up back in episode one or two for Frank.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
And like someone else said, another giveaway they were going down was when they ambushed the cabin and the plan went off too smoothly, show was like halfway done I was like yup no way they let them walk away on that high note with this much time left.
So true, the remaining time left in these shows always cause the shows to tell on themselves

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

Ray's

EDIT: p.s. what a STUPID plot point that was too. Why pile all this shyt on? He dies in some Miami Vice lame swerve, then the call doesnt go through to his kid? Then the paternity test says he is the dad? Then he has a son through Antigone? It was all needless bullshyt that really pissed me off. They tried to make his death more tragic, and like everything else this season it was just too much
All they had left to do is have a random bear walk over his corpse and take a dump on him :mjlol:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
positive thing we can take from this is, season 3 can't be worse than this, these writers and directors listen to critics

i give this season a 6/10 it had good moments

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Frank and Ray were the only highlights of this season
Frank was :trash: breh. And his wife was even worse. I have a feeling she was a ghost cause I don't remember her talking to anyone else in the 8 episodes besides Frank. She gotta be the woat most pointless character ever on a tv show. Besides Frank.