K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did not understand a single fukking thing that happened this season. shyt was a mess. And I'm a huge fan of the Wire and Game of Thrones so watching complex drama aint shyt to me. But this?? Just reading the last 3 pages alone I'm seeing names dropped and I'm like "who da fukk was that??" I kept watching because I'm no quitter and I wanted to see if it would ever make sense. If this shyt comes back next season, they have ONE episode to get me to come back. ONE. If I can't figure out within the 1st 30 minutes what the goddamn plot is then :camby: with this fukking show.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly. The show wanted to pull a Carlito's Way type of ending with Frank. The old school gangster with morals finally has the money for a new start and wants to ride off into the sunset with his wife, he successfully takes on the main bad guys, but just when he thinks he's home free, bam! Remember me, Benny Blanco from the Bronx?
The difference is that in Carlito's Way it made sense for Benny to be at the station, because Pachanga betrayed Carlito, and it made sense for Pachanga to betray Carlito because he thought Carlito wasn't paying him enough and was disrespecting him.

On the show it's never explained who betrayed Frank, why, or how anyone knew where he was.

The ending made it even more confusing:
- what are the Mexicans doing at Chessani Jr.'s inauguration?
- did Chessani throw the Mexicans at Frank because Frank knew too much?(Chessani would find out from the Russian broad that Frank was at the house)
- are the Mexicans part of the corridor deal now
- how was the corridor deal even possible after two head honchos were killed and Osip's money was lost?
:snoop:
:yeshrug:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
See, for me that's not good enough.

I knew he'd have it out with the Mexicans, but the show implied that they were good after they met when Frank was looking for the girl. That's why I mentioned the clubs being burned down being the reason they were after him. Which is fine, but I'm trying to understand how they found him or if somebody sold him out.

Frank told Ray that nobody would see what was coming as far as that Russian in the Cabin Meetup for days. Yet right after he gives the dudes the bread he gets tracked down the Mexicans, and it's never explained how they knew where he was at. I don't have a problem with him dying, I'm just not feeling how it was carried out to that point. And you're right, it makes no sense for the bakery brehs to sell him out when he was going to cash them out again when he got to where he was going.
I don't disagree that it might not be enough explanation, but for me, it was at worst lazy writing...at best, an unbelievable convenience.

But the redeeming interpretation for his pickup scene is to see it as serving another purpose: to mirror the intimidation scene from earlier in the season.

Frank made himself a victim of pride and greed, which is exactly how he made those millions in the first place. He was the antagonist with enough protagonist-aligned interests to be sympathetic, even if he ultimately wasn't.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I thought the finale kind of sucked. It started off well but Vince Vaughn getting his from the Mexicans fell flat. We didn't know much about them to care. I laughed my ass off at "Larry Bird" :mjlol:

Velcoro was dumb as hell running through the woods against a S.W.A.T. team with a handgun and a 12-gauge. The orphans were the big reveal but goddamn again, why should we care about these no-name character. We met them like once.

Nick got way too carried away. Ani and Ray shouldn't have separated either. She should have been right there with Ray trying to take all these muthafukkas down.

Now some journalist who we have never met gets to solve the case. :comeon:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought the finale kind of sucked. It started off well but Vince Vaughn getting his from the Mexicans fell flat. We didn't know much about them to care. I laughed my ass off at "Larry Bird" :mjlol:

Velcoro was dumb as hell running through the woods against a S.W.A.T. team with a handgun and a 12-gauge. The orphans were the big reveal but goddamn again, why should we care about these no-name character. We met them like once.

Nick got way too carried away. Ani and Ray shouldn't have separated either. She should have been right there with Ray trying to take all these muthafukkas down.

Now some journalist who we have never met gets to solve the case. :comeon:

yeah, this season was a huge mess

i fell asleep during 3 episodes of the first half of the season, and it felt like a chore to rewatch the next day

too many random side characters

the case meant nothing, and I never cared about it whatsoever

dialogue was god awful

slightly invested in the characters, but in the end, didnt give a shyt when they died

i was actually looking forward to the finale ending last night, it was dragging for me. i paused three times to see how much time was left :smh:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I wonder if Season 2 of True Detective will look better years from now like Season 2 of The Wire. :patrice:

A few missteps, not as good as the first season or the seasons after...but better received years later. :jbhmm:
But for that too happen Nic has to show he's as good as David Simon :francis:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
good guys can't win em all brehs...

:mjcry:

Win some, lose some, the war continues on next season breh

@3Rivers

55c816a5169027501c6f13d4_td-salute.gif

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
:mjlol::mjlol:

http://photos.vanityfair.com/2015/08/10/55c812ca169027501c6f138c_true-detective-act-for-shyt.gif

At least she was a ride or die :mjcry:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pssssshhhhhhhh...damn, the two characters I wanted to live get got. The first two scenes of the finale were pretty terrible but after that it was mostly solid.

I'm wondering how the Mexicans got a line on Frank as well, the mayors son seems to be plausible except that they were going to let Frank walk and if he sent them after Frank they would have merked him right off the bat. Soon as his wife left and he said oh I'll be there and wear a rose on my shirt I was pretty sure he was a goner. Should've just kept his mouth shut and counted himself lucky they didn't plop his ass in that grave they had dug for him but no Frank didn't feel like walking and had to pop off. And like someone else said, another giveaway they were going down was when they ambushed the cabin and the plan went off too smoothely, show was like halfway done I was like yup no way they let them walk away on that high note with this much time left.

And Rays fat ginger son suddenly takes pride in his dad nowvthat he's a wanted man? Random. Poor Ray man the kid was his and he ain't even know. He had a new person to build with. Had gwop on deck. But had to go see his fat ginger kid one more time.

Overall season was like 7/10 maybe 6/10 I think I'm less hard on it because I like all the actors involved so I can overlook some of the :stopitslime: moments. I think the reason season one was better was because it was way more realistic whereas this was more if a typical cop curruption story. fukk everyone hating on Vince Vaughn he did his thing, Daniel Day-Lewis wouldn't have been able to save some of those lines so as far as I'm concerned Vince was pretty good. Colin was the best though and McAdams and Kitsch were both solid.

Smh at the orphan brother losing his cool and merkin Holloway. Soon as they showed him looking all angst ridden while Holloway was talking I was like here we go.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
ok I guess we did meet the journalist in episode 1 but it doesn't make have convoluted everything was any better. 8 episodes was enough to get there but they couldn't get there because of all the backstory. We didn't need so much time ate up on what Ani's problems are and how Paul is gay and black mountain, etc.. It's too much.

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season was garbbabbgge I barely know what the story was

Vince Vaughn :camby:

Another season of this and this show a wrap this was bullish!t