Daps
bad guys win :manny:

I hate how the pigs got away with it but I guess that's realistic tho :yeshrug:
The "bad guys" didn't get away with it. Howser will unmask everything with the information he got from Ani.
You miserable fukks in this thread are pathetic. This season was just fine and has several episodes scoring in the 80-90+ range on IMDB and many outlets.

Do you want the same or a good story? They wrapped it up pretty good considering all that was going on, maybe too broad of a focus, but it was done very well and Velcoro is a great character.
That would be fine if this was a good story, this was quite anything but. There really isn't anything good to say about this season at all.

Daps
I'll say it was laughably bad, which is repetition at this point ....and the finale just cemented an incredibly awful misfire, that was near self parody at almost all times...How many better and worse movies did the finale repeat? Did Pizzaloto really think he cut deep into the heart of the multi faceted/multi cultured LA criminal underworld or political sphere? Did he think he captured the grit of LA's mexican gangs by casting the guys from Mobb Deep 'Got It Twisted' video....? Did he think that the outrageous antics of his antiheroes, that were as believable as me playing Goldeneye when I was 12 years old were compelling violent drama? Does he realize that his show....if played straight is a C- at absolute best? If played as some kind of bizarre, campy parody it's about a C. Did he think Farrell needed just that extra rugged touch by giving him a fukking cowboy hat? Were we supposed to feel such a sense of despair and hopelessness that cycle of corruption continued in LA and Vinci? Are we forever haunted by Ray's decision to drive the SAME fukking vehicle he as an ABP out for, after fleeing the scene of a murder, multiple murders and all kinds of mayhem? Does he realize the absurdity of his closing scenes with Ray? Or besides the absurdity, the fact that every low rent bruce willis or Denzel thriller has that same hackneyed scenes of the running shootout in the woods...going back 20 years? Was he just overwhelmed at his own brilliance when wrote the scenes that had Frank hallucinate figures from his life as he walked threw the desert, slowly dying? I wrote a story at age 17 for school about a gangster trapped in the trunk of a car, on his way out to the LA desert to be murdered and the aftermath, that had more emotion and tension then that godawful sequence. It was aptly titled 'The Trunk'. This is an emperor has no clothes situation for Pizzaloto. And he didn't fail trying to do something different, this is the same fukking thing, reheated and badly rearranged.
You've pretty much mirrored all my thoughts throughout this thread.

The execution of the Oedipus reveal with Caspere fukking his own daughter was straight :russell:

Last edited:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
the diamonds tho
Yeah how come no one gets this? I see every review site says that Frank fukked up in a fit of foolish pride.:snoop:

He had the diamonds in the pocket of his jacket, that's why he didn't want to give it up. Between the million the Mexicans jacked from him, his payoff to the Armenian dudes, the cost of passage/fake IDs etc. and losing another 3.5 million in diamonds, that was all of Frank's money. He would be back to square one for the second time. It had nothing to do with pride, he just realized he couldn't take it anymore and snapped.

But on a side-note, the whole Mexican bullshyt was terrible. How did they know where to pick up his scent out of nowhere when the Russians didn't? And also there's no way a wily veteran like Frank, on alert after just wiping out a Russian Mafia don and a corporate tyc00n, wouldn't have spotted a tail or would have let himself be boxed in like that.

It was plot induced stupidity. Realistically Frank would have spotted the tail, or at the very least he would have caught the play the second the Cadillac stopped and rammed it while getting his pistol out. They might have killed him, but not they wouldn't have been able to snatch him up like that.

Daps
nah i dont think it was. we thought it was some complicated sht but it turns out to be some dude looking for revenge.

and just like season 1, only people that got deaded was the ppl doing the killing. So sht probably continued.
It's not thinking it was some complicated shyt, it's that just about EVERY central point that tied the "plot" together was delivered in a slap-on and hasty fashion. Which is why I tried telling @Prodigal Syndicate that the show is about the characters and not simply what's going on (the case). shyt was messy all around. I can't even get my head around some of the shyt that went on this season.

Daps
Well that was my biggest issue with the first run through.

The pace often left me fukking around with my phone, iPad, or laptop.

This season didn't grab me right away. I think it was done intentionally.

Like I've already said in this thread. Stan being a focal point was the writers way of fukking with the audience. He had no speaking parts and was only in two scenes.

It wasn't until I binged watched it with no distractions that I started to appreciate the season for what it was.
I don't think Pizzolatto was fukking with us by making Stan a "focal point" - he was used as a vessel to carry the father/son theme (for the frame story), and to build on Frank's character. The very fact that it can be perceived as leading the audience astray speaks volumes of how shytty the writing was.