jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I liked this season and the finale was dope. Ray just had to see his son one more time and paid for it with his life :sadbron: great homage to Heat BTW, same thing that did DeNiro in. I knew Frank wasn't gonna make it, them vultures following his ass were waiting to :eat:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I'll say it was laughably bad, which is repetition at this point ....and the finale just cemented an incredibly awful misfire, that was near self parody at almost all times...How many better and worse movies did the finale repeat? Did Pizzaloto really think he cut deep into the heart of the multi faceted/multi cultured LA criminal underworld or political sphere?

Did he think he captured the grit of LA's mexican gangs by casting the guys from Mobb Deep 'Got It Twisted' video....? Did he think that the outrageous antics of his antiheroes, that were as believable as me playing Goldeneye when I was 12 years old were compelling violent drama? Does he realize that his show....if played straight is a C- at absolute best? If played as some kind of bizarre, campy parody it's about a C.

Did he think Farrell needed just that extra rugged touch by giving him a fukking cowboy hat? Were we supposed to feel such a sense of despair and hopelessness that cycle of corruption continued in LA and Vinci? Are we forever haunted by Ray's decision to drive the SAME fukking vehicle he as an ABP out for, after fleeing the scene of a murder, multiple murders and all kinds of mayhem?

Does he realize the absurdity of his closing scenes with Ray? Or besides the absurdity, the fact that every low rent bruce willis or Denzel thriller has that same hackneyed scenes of the running shootout in the woods...going back 20 years? Was he just overwhelmed at his own brilliance when wrote the scenes that had Frank hallucinate figures from his life as he walked threw the desert, slowly dying?

I wrote a story at age 17 for school about a gangster trapped in the trunk of a car, on his way out to the LA desert to be murdered and the aftermath, that had more emotion and tension then that godawful sequence. It was aptly titled 'The Trunk'. This is an emperor has no clothes situation for Pizzaloto. And he didn't fail trying to do something different, this is the same fukking thing, reheated and badly rearranged.

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
The real villains of season 1 got away with it too. Except Ani gave all the info to a journalist, so maybe the season 2 villains don't get away scott free. The mexican dudes must a bought in with the money Frank gave.

Was that the scar chick standing next to those two at the end tho?

Figured Ray was death flagged once he visited his son. Frank should have just gave the suit, but I guess once you got back to being a gangster... then shyt is about respect. He let his pride get him killed :yeshrug:

Yeah it's a step down from Season 1, but damn if I didn't like this season. I would give it a 8/10.

Also Burris puts in work :whew: Thought dude woulda got popped.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
he coulda fukkin made it man
shoulda snatched one of them assault rifles
or drove to a police station or airport or some shyt.... old girl had all the paperwork still... he still had her number... he could have had her mail that shyt to 25 media stations and put it on the internet

i really didn't get that part... of her waiting at least 9 months (rays baby) to tell a beat reporter and show him

as if the internet doesn't work in 2015

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
did anyone else catch the meaning of the theme song... it's the first thing that i thought off when the credits rolled.... reading them now... they told the EXACT story from jump

{Intro}

The war was lost
The treaty signed

I was not caught
I crossed the line
I was not caught
Though many tried
I live among you
Well-disguised

I had to leave
My life behind

I dug some graves
You'll never find

The story's told
With facts and lies
I had a name
But never mind

Never mind
Never mind
The war was lost
The treaty signed
There's Truth that lives
And Truth that dies
I don't know which
So never mind

(...السلام و السلام)

Your victory
Was so complete
Some among you
Thought to keep
A record of
Our little lives
The clothes we wore
Our spoons our knives

The games of luck
Our soldiers played
The stones we cut
The songs we made
Our law of peace
Which understands
A husband leads
A wife commands

And all of these
Expressions of the
Sweet indifference
Some called love

The high indifference
Some call fate

But we had names
More intimate

Names so deep
And names so true
They're blood to me
Dust to you

There is no need
And this survives
There's Truth that lives
And Truth that dies

Never mind
Never mind
I leave the life
I left behind
There's Truth that lives
And Truth that dies

I don't know which
So never mind

(...السلام و السلام)

I could not kill
The way you kill
I could not hate
I tried, I failed
You turned me in
At least you tried
You side with them whom
You despise

This was your heart
This swarm of flies
This was once your mouth
This bowl of lies

You serve them well
I'm not surprised
You're of their kin
You're of their kind

Never mind
Never mind
I had to leave my
Life behind
The story's told
With facts and lies
You own the world
So never mind

Never mind
Never mind
I live the life
I left behind
I live it full
I live it wide
Through layers of time
You can't divide

My woman's here
My children too
Their graves are safe
From ghosts like you
In places deep
With roots entwined
I live the life
I left behind

السلام و السلام

The war was lost
The treaty signed
I was not caught
Across the line
I was not caught
Tho many tried
I live among you
Well-disguised

[Poem only]
{No man can see
The vast design
Or who will be
Last of his kind}

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
My biggest complaint about this season isn't even the characters Ray,Ani,and Paul were fine
Frank was a little OC with his dialogue sometimes but a fine character
The side characters after that were just too hard to follow. Ani's father, Ray's ex wife and son, Paul's mom and girlfriend had next to no plot relevance
All the corrupt officials and police officers were one scene wonders and basically were in the background for the majority of this season. Not enough time was spent on working the murder investigation.
I mean compared to season 1 Rust and Cohle spent about 80% of the time investigating who killed Dori Lange or who was behind it all. Ani,Ray, and Paul spend about 30% and the rest of the show was padded out with other shyt they did on their own. A major weakness of this season is the fact that there isn't really a rapport between any of the characters.

They all just got brought together when ani was broken up over Paul dying and saying he had a kid I didn't get why she was crying since we barely saw them develop this connection. The most they ever talked was when Paul said "is that a fukking E cigarette"

I'm probably most let down by the killer though and the way he was killed. Apparently cops just run up and shoot whoever for no reason
i think they meant season double... and not 2

main characters?? double it

side characters?? double it

plots?? double it

off the wall dialogue?? double it

shootouts?? double it

suspects?? double it

cases?? double it

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
The worst thing about this trash was gay motorcycle cop. Surely death is worse than being outed as a batty boy. The lengths he went through to hide his sexual orientation was ridiculous. It's 2015.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS