DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I just rewatched the EP and noticed some Easter eggs

1. The highway made in Paul's honor. Early on he had a quote "the highway....it suits me."

2. Ray going back to see his kid was like Heat movie I didn't notice the similarities till now. Don't want to spoil it if u ain't seen the movie but its uncanny like an homage

3. That reported Ani gave all the info to at the end was the same damn reporter Ray gooned with the ski mask in the 1st EP for a bid to Frank. And he was doing it because the reporter was going to write a report on Vinci corruption. Guess ol boy got his story :ohhh:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I liked the season too, and thought the finale was straight. I was half expecting ole girl to jump off the damn boat before it got out to open waters. I guess they had to keep someone alive to give the illusion of the bad guys getting it in the end. Can't belive they let that cocksucker Burris live, and Tony ending up as the Mayor. I mean, come on.

Ray having another kid was their way of softening the ending I guess. Wonder where the 3 of them were going at the end. The way they made the point of her stashing the knife, and showing the piece in her back, seems like they were walking into some trouble.

I see just on this page alone 2 ppl mentioned similarities in moments in Boyz N the Hood and Heat...I can't be the only one that was thinking of Training Day when they rolled up on Frank at the intersection. Atleast they made it the Mexicans and not Russians.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
My biggest complaint about this season isn't even the characters Ray,Ani,and Paul were fine
Frank was a little OC with his dialogue sometimes but a fine character
The side characters after that were just too hard to follow. Ani's father, Ray's ex wife and son, Paul's mom and girlfriend had next to no plot relevance
All the corrupt officials and police officers were one scene wonders and basically were in the background for the majority of this season. Not enough time was spent on working the murder investigation.
I mean compared to season 1 Rust and Cohle spent about 80% of the time investigating who killed Dori Lange or who was behind it all. Ani,Ray, and Paul spend about 30% and the rest of the show was padded out with other shyt they did on their own. A major weakness of this season is the fact that there isn't really a rapport between any of the characters.

They all just got brought together when ani was broken up over Paul dying and saying he had a kid I didn't get why she was crying since we barely saw them develop this connection. The most they ever talked was when Paul said "is that a fukking E cigarette"

I'm probably most let down by the killer though and the way he was killed. Apparently cops just run up and shoot whoever for no reason

Big Mel

@bigboss
Daps
Reppin
Flodge free zone
I gotta say, all the knocks are accurate, I was in on the knocking early. That said. I fukkING LOVED IT. I really loved the shyt out of this show around ep 4ish. Rustin Coehl Is an impossible void to fill but this show needs to come back yearly. This is now a series that can work regardless because it tells/shows us how awful we are. And we wanna here/see that shyt.

the gas mask making an appearance again......

I fukking loved it. So Frank grew up in a black neighborhood too!!!???? Sheeeit. He ain't no damn Larry Bird. fukk you.

Last edited: