wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Collin Farrell carried the show with his performance. I didn't know ol boy could act this well. He delivered a memorable character to us :wow: RIP Ray Velcoro the don :to:

Vince didn't hit his mark until the second half of the season and his dialogue was hard to deal with at times. But overall this season was good. It was an obvious step down in quality from season one which was easily a 9/10.

I give this season 8/10. Like another poster said, I really hope Nic can hire a team of writers to work with. The story was way too saturated and the dialogue oftentimes corny. With writers at least he'd have help telling the story he wants to more effectively. I also hope Fukunaga is involved again in season 3.
yeah there were just a lot of moving parts. character wise and story wise. it'll be best to go back to two detectives and maybe another outside character like vince was but even that may be too much. just two detectives allowed plenty of focus to be on marty and rust and for us to invest in them and the fukkery they got into.

i think brehs were saying this seasons ratings were higher than season 1 so im sure there will be a season 3.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
Well...cool. Cool episode. Season definitely got better as it went on. To be sure, I still didn't care about the characters. I felt something when Frank and Ray died. I'm not sure what I felt, but it was something.

You guys actually thought it was gonna end happy? :dwillhuh:

I would've been angrier if they didn't die. "Ray finally finds a common ground with his son and his final voice message gets delivered to his son's Gmail account and they each get a million dollars and they go on a boat and retire in South America and eat arepas and drink cocadas until they die. But only before they get a Snowden scoop and take the story of city-wide corruption that allows the LA Times to win the Pulitzer." :rudy:
I felt for Ray because how much he cared for his ungrateful K ginger ass fatty Walt JR son. That :salute: he gave em, trying to record the message but failed and that ho ass wife finding out that the kids was his all along even tho Ray accepted he wasn't even if he had doubt. But that coke/drinking scene seemed like acceptance to it :to:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Head of HBO already said they want a season 3 of True Detective, but it's up to Pizzolatto. Now, it won't shock me if Pizzolatto wants to give True Detective a break. HBO/Pizzolatto were bidding on THE CARTEL book (By Don Winslow) that they were hoping to do as an HBO TV Series. But Fox won the bidding war and is doing it as a feature with Ridley Scott. That makes me think Pizzolatto might want to stop doing True Detective possibly. Especially since HBO offered to give the Cartel book a straight to series order with Pizzolatto at the helm.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
1uwnVxE.jpg

:dead::dead:

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
By True Detective standards, which is higher than regular network dramas because it's basically a mini series: I'd give this season a Netflix rating of 3 out of 5 stars. But by network TV standards which includes AMC and FX, I'd give it 4 stars.

Nah, I think you are being generous there. FX and even AMC are on a different level than most network shows, I know a lot of people didn't watch it but The Bridge Season 2 >>>>>>>>> True Detective Season 2 easily for me.

Most of my feelings about the 2nd season have already been hit on, but the major issue was the fact that too much was going on and ultimately it took away from the characters. I actually think the whole siblings getting revenge on what happened to their parents all those years ago would have been a solid enough mystery, but it was way too much with the whole railroad deals, Catalyst, State/Fed/City corruption going on that really muddled the season.

Frank as a character didn't really pop until the last couple of episodes and his wife was largely :heh:as a character. The whole desert scene with him seeing the ghosts of tormentors past was largely :martin:.

Paul as a character was largely meh for me, all the suppressed gayness didn't really lead anywhere and aside from a cool shootouts I'm not sure what he really brought.

Ray and Anni made out the best as far as characters, but that was largely what they brought to the performance. I knew Ray was a goner as soon as he decided to see his kid one more time.

I think it is obvious now how much season 1 was elevated by the performances of Rust and Marty, along with the direction of Fukinaga.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
By True Detective standards, which is higher than regular network dramas because it's basically a mini series: I'd give this season a Netflix rating of 3 out of 5 stars. But by network TV standards which includes AMC and FX, I'd give it 4 stars.

People flat out weren't paying attention. Stan dies in episode three, is mention two more times before Frank visits his house and people still don't know who he was? :aicmon: Hell I saw someone in the thread say they didn't know who killed Casper. :mindblown: How? How did you miss this?

Well that was my biggest issue with the first run through.

The pace often left me fukking around with my phone, iPad, or laptop.

This season didn't grab me right away. I think it was done intentionally.

Like I've already said in this thread. Stan being a focal point was the writers way of fukking with the audience. He had no speaking parts and was only in two scenes.

It wasn't until I binged watched it with no distractions that I started to appreciate the season for what it was.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You miserable fukks in this thread are pathetic. This season was just fine and has several episodes scoring in the 80-90+ range on IMDB and many outlets.

Do you want the same or a good story? They wrapped it up pretty good considering all that was going on, maybe too broad of a focus, but it was done very well and Velcoro is a great character.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Collin Farrell carried the show with his performance. I didn't know ol boy could act this well.

You need to watch Seven Psychopaths and Burges. I used to always think he was one of those lame duck actors that got used to be the hero but he really showed his chops in those two joints.

As for this season, I enjoyed it more than last season. That's all I really got. :yeshrug:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Just started the finale, and I'm sure this has been hammered already....

...but Kelly Riley telling Vince Vaughn "YOU CAN'T ACT FOR shyt" and "YOU'RE NOT CONVINCING" is the realest, most meta, on the nose, unintentionally hilarious line in TV history :dead:

Kang Deezy

Overall Nice Guy
Daps
Reppin
The stoop with dat dope fanny padding
You miserable fukks in this thread are pathetic. This season was just fine and has several episodes scoring in the 80-90+ range on IMDB and many outlets.

Do you want the same or a good story? They wrapped it up pretty good considering all that was going on, maybe too broad of a focus, but it was done very well and Velcoro is a great character.

Totally agree. Enjoyed the season, and was hyped to see the finale.

I think the fact that most of us binge watched season 1 made it more satisfying than season 2