OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
MEH season not the worst on HBO by any stretch but a definite decline since season 1
The ratings went up but nobody is getting an emmy nom from this season its too all over the place
Bring back Cary for season 3 hopefully and I'll be hyped for the final season.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Bruh...

rMaceVT.png

:damn:

Holy shyt, I did not even notice the 2 Mexican dudes that killed frank.:damn:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Oh shyt. I just noticed the two cartel guys also. The Cartels were in bed with the mayor's son?
Not necessarily but someone had to step in to fill the vacuum left by the Russian boss getting killed so it is just as likely that the cartel partnered up with the mayor's kid after the Russian's death.

Daps
Apparently Cary Fukunaga saw the season 1 script and gave Nic the :huhldup: gonna need editors but Nic was too gassed. He even had a character on the show look like a bytch and predator that looked like Fukunaga.

Honestly the writing and acting in season 1 were so much better. This season was more complex, more nuanced in terms of various stories but complex doesnt mean better. There was a more simple and concise plot in season 1, the character development for the mains were WAY better. I honestly didnt care if anyone from this season died there was no visceral feeling except for Ray right near the end. I was praying Marty and Rust was gonna make it out Carcosa. The main villain in season 1 was better than any in season 2, especially acting wise. Rust and Marty blow away this cast its not fair to compare them IMO. Woodrugh is the only detective from this season on the level of Marty and Rust, and his fighting/weapons skills eclipses pretty much everyone

But overall decent season 6.5-7/10 for me. It peaked with episodes 6 and 7 which were 8-8.5/10 eps to me. I was disappointed in the finale, couldve been so much more with how they built it up. It was still good though. Season 2 got better with every episode until the finale.

Season 1 was a 9/10 season. It had 3 Acts. Act 2 was some of the best TV weve ever seen. 3 straight 10/10 level episodes in Who Goes There, The Secret Fate of All Life and Haunted Houses. It peaked much higher than Season 2 even tho Season 2 was getting better and better it started off at a much lower point than Season 1 ever had.

Co sign. shyt was so complex for no reason. nikkas gave us what was it, 8 episodes, to follow 4 Main characters and all the side plots that came with it. Hyped the whole Casper thing and then let us down with that? :what:

Like you said, Season one I was praying that both Rust and Marty make it, by the end of the Season we loved the characters. With this season I could care less honestly, felt nothing at all. :beli:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Apparently Cary Fukunaga saw the season 1 script and gave Nic the :huhldup: gonna need editors but Nic was too gassed. He even had a character on the show look like a bytch and predator that looked like Fukunaga.

Honestly the writing and acting in season 1 were so much better. This season was more complex, more nuanced in terms of various stories but complex doesnt mean better. There was a more simple and concise plot in season 1, the character development for the mains were WAY better. I honestly didnt care if anyone from this season died there was no visceral feeling except for Ray right near the end. I was praying Marty and Rust was gonna make it out Carcosa. The main villain in season 1 was better than any in season 2, especially acting wise. Rust and Marty blow away this cast its not fair to compare them IMO. Woodrugh is the only detective from this season on the level of Marty and Rust, and his fighting/weapons skills eclipses pretty much everyone

But overall decent season 6.5-7/10 for me. It peaked with episodes 6 and 7 which were 8-8.5/10 eps to me. I was disappointed in the finale, couldve been so much more with how they built it up. It was still good though. Season 2 got better with every episode until the finale.

Season 1 was a 9/10 season. It had 3 Acts. Act 2 was some of the best TV weve ever seen. 3 straight 10/10 level episodes in Who Goes There, The Secret Fate of All Life and Haunted Houses. It peaked much higher than Season 2 even tho Season 2 was getting better and better it started off at a much lower point than Season 1 ever had.

I agree with most of what you said, but I actually thought Ani was the one who was on the level of Marty/Rust in terms of the character/acting. Anyway, I don't know what happened between Pizzolatto and Fukunaga, but for Pizzolatto's sake - he needs to sort it out. I sort of wonder how much of Pizzolatto's writing got nixed from season 1 by Cary now. I've read a Pizzolatto novel and I've seen Fukunaga's movies - and I can't really tell. Like I said in my earlier post, Nic can write characters and settings in the south. He seemed out of his element here, and probably could've used Fukunaga's help.

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It feels like brehs on tv just don't pull out anymore. If Velcoro was going to sacrifice himself, then he should've waited until the vampire from True Blood was closer and go kamikaze with the shotty.

Overall the season was a big step down from the first. If the first half was the quality last 2-3 eps then it would've been looked upon better. Season lacked a singular focus that was very noticeable after Pizzollatto showed his hand. A lot of shyt writing and dialogue this time around. It's funny he tried to shyt on Fukunaga when it was Fukunaga that held it down last year.

Vince Russo with Vince McMahon vs Russo in WCW during the Attitude Era status.

Still got enjoyment from the season tho. Feel like it would've been better as a binge watch instead of week to week.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
There were some solid characters and great scenes in this season, but it rarely cohered into anything as consistently good to great as what we saw in the first. Fukunaga really did add a lot, and Rust/Marty were them nikkas. Pizzolato's writing game ain't as sharp as it should be but he can hit some strides.

Season 1 blu-ray, bought that shyt on a Tuesday. Season 2, ain't fukkin wit.

Still, due to the actors (especially Farrell) and enough to hold my interest and sometimes make me care more than I expected, I'm saying 6.5/10.

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
Collin Farrell carried the show with his performance. I didn't know ol boy could act this well. He delivered a memorable character to us :wow: RIP Ray Velcoro the don :to:

Vince didn't hit his mark until the second half of the season and his dialogue was hard to deal with at times. But overall this season was good. It was an obvious step down in quality from season one which was easily a 9/10.

I give this season 8/10. Like another poster said, I really hope Nic can hire a team of writers to work with. The story was way too saturated and the dialogue oftentimes corny. With writers at least he'd have help telling the story he wants to more effectively. I also hope Fukunaga is involved again in season 3.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Well...cool. Cool episode. Season definitely got better as it went on. To be sure, I still didn't care about the characters. I felt something when Frank and Ray died. I'm not sure what I felt, but it was something.

You guys actually thought it was gonna end happy? :dwillhuh:

I would've been angrier if they didn't die. "Ray finally finds a common ground with his son and his final voice message gets delivered to his son's Gmail account and they each get a million dollars and they go on a boat and retire in South America and eat arepas and drink cocadas until they die. But only before they get a Snowden scoop and take the story of city-wide corruption that allows the LA Times to win the Pulitzer." :rudy:

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I agree with most of what you said, but I actually thought Ani was the one who was on the level of Marty/Rust in terms of the character/acting. Anyway, I don't know what happened between Pizzolatto and Fukunaga, but for Pizzolatto's sake - he needs to sort it out. I sort of wonder how much of Pizzolatto's writing got nixed from season 1 by Cary now. I've read a Pizzolatto novel and I've seen Fukunaga's movies - and I can't really tell. Like I said in my earlier post, Nic can write characters and settings in the south. He seemed out of his element here, and probably could've used Fukunaga's help.

Oh I don't think Paul was a great character just as a detective he was the best of the season. He figured out most of the shyt and his subplot tied everything up with what he found. Ani and Ray werent great detectives to me

There was some shyt with how Nic plagiarised these Lovecraft, Ligotti writing pieces. It was a big story but I ain't never read that shyt. Some nikkas was saying he was just influenced by it but there were some quotables in that Quentin Miller/drake shyt. U can Google it if u ain't heard. The spooky occult atmosphere we loved from season 1 might have to do with that IMO

Last edited:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
The thing about Casper's murder was I didn't give a shyt about him at all. And as the season went by we found out that he was: crooked, addicted to prostitutes, stole money, corrupted and probably was in to fukking his daughter... :yeshrug:let that b*stard stay dead and give a medal to the man that put him down

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
By True Detective standards, which is higher than regular network dramas because it's basically a mini series: I'd give this season a Netflix rating of 3 out of 5 stars. But by network TV standards which includes AMC and FX, I'd give it 4 stars.

Season was dope.

Watch it again. Pay attention. No distractions.

:manny:

People flat out weren't paying attention. Stan dies in episode three, is mention two more times before Frank visits his house and people still don't know who he was? :aicmon: Hell I saw someone in the thread say they didn't know who killed Casper. :mindblown: How? How did you miss this?