Daps
I think it boils down to this, Nick had Season one written, he had 3 years to wrok on it. It was good. Instantly after the success of Season 1 he has to write Season 2 in less than half the time he had to write the first one, and it showed. Most TV shows have teams of writers, 2 at the very least, The writing showed this season man, I hope they bring in some much needed writers for season 3, if there is a season 3.

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
If anything you would think the opposite

That season 1 would have the depressing ending and this one would have the happily ever after one
To me it was pretty obvious frank would die. It's the basic formula. Guy thinks he's untouchable and ends up getting murked cuz he fukked up.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I give 1 star for the characters of Ray and Ani
I give 1 star for Frank's so bad its funny dialogue
I give 1 star for the shoot-outs in the alley witht he mexicans in the previous episodes and the russian shoot-out this episode
....fukk everything else. So total it up and I give this season the rating of:
th

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'd give the season a 7/10. It was good, but not great like the first season. Pizzolatto tried something new, and it wasn't as good as what he's familiar with. He's from the south, and he can write really amazing characters & stories set in the south. This west coast setting with the mafia thing didn't flow as well.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i'd give it an 8/10 :manny: im not even trying to compare it to season 1 you have to admit the dialogue was horrible at various points throughout. like some shyt you would still call out on other shows. but i aint even tryna argue about all that now we gotta just sit and reminisce about all the good times with ray and frank :mjcry:
I agree with this. Not Ray tho brehs :mjcry: he finally found someone else to love, his boy was his and his recording failed to upload :mjcry: not like this brehs not like this :mjcry:

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I think it boils down to this, Nick had Season one written, he had 3 years to wrok on it. It was good. Instantly after the success of Season 1 he has to write Season 2 in less than half the time he had to write the first one, and it showed. Most TV shows have teams of writers, 2 at the very least, The writing showed this season man, I hope they bring in some much needed writers for season 3, if there is a season 3.
Apparently Cary Fukunaga saw the season 1 script and gave Nic the :huhldup: gonna need editors but Nic was too gassed. He even had a character on the show look like a bytch and predator that looked like Fukunaga.

Honestly the writing and acting in season 1 were so much better. This season was more complex, more nuanced in terms of various stories but complex doesnt mean better. There was a more simple and concise plot in season 1, the character development for the mains were WAY better. I honestly didnt care if anyone from this season died there was no visceral feeling except for Ray right near the end. I was praying Marty and Rust was gonna make it out Carcosa. The main villain in season 1 was better than any in season 2, especially acting wise. Rust and Marty blow away this cast its not fair to compare them IMO. Woodrugh is the only detective from this season on the level of Marty and Rust, and his fighting/weapons skills eclipses pretty much everyone

But overall decent season 6.5-7/10 for me. It peaked with episodes 6 and 7 which were 8-8.5/10 eps to me. I was disappointed in the finale, couldve been so much more with how they built it up. It was still good though. Season 2 got better with every episode until the finale.

Season 1 was a 9/10 season. It had 3 Acts. Act 2 was some of the best TV weve ever seen. 3 straight 10/10 level episodes in Who Goes There, The Secret Fate of All Life and Haunted Houses. It peaked much higher than Season 2 even tho Season 2 was getting better and better it started off at a much lower point than Season 1 ever had.

#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
yea the kasper killer hyping was ridiculous

we had to hear that fukkers name said 20 times a episode and we get some random fukk that is the killer

shyt had some potential with the bird head, made it look like some cult shyt