Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
The character writing is...fine, I guess. But the dialog is laughably bad. And the story beats he chose to spend time on are not the best lol. Who the fukk cares about Stan and his family? :dead:

The everything is fukking line in the last episode :mjlol::why:

BOLO

disobayish
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Show is dope and has been delivering all season especially the last few episodes. Guarantee the finale is gonna be crazy. Bunch of people in here regurgitating the hate the person before them posted and putting their own spin on it lol

Contrary to how smart most of you think you are, if you were that, you'd appreciate a well written crime drama with a lot of subtle points that all tie in to make an engrossing and intricate story. But no because it's not like season 1. Cry me a river you TV snobs and TV simps.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the past episode more than the others

Reason why I think I liked Season One better is because I was actually interested/invested in the case they were working. Its finale week, and I dont care about the case whatsoever. I want to see Ray, Frank & Ani make it out, but other than that :yeshrug:

This is my only complaint too. I don't care about the case at all and honestly I don't fully understand what's even going on. I like the creepy cult aspect of the first case and that kept me intrigued, this seems to be over some money and land which doesn't interest me at all.

But still the second half of the season redeemed this show.

Daps
I'll try to explain it as far as I understand it...

They find the papers linking everyone, and Ray lets Frank know that the Russians are in on it with the Vinci crew & one of his own guys. Frank goes ham on all parties involved, takes the money in the safe to set up deals to fukk over the Russians and all parties who took his money. He burns down the clubs out of spite to the Russians who came through and took all of his shyt.

Paul finds out that Ani is wanted for murder for the security guard at the party, and Ray is wanted for the murder of that lady officer he jumped in the car with & found out she was dead (Ani's superior). Paul was basically the only officer who was "clean", so they blackmailed him with the gay photos. They knew he'd step into the trap. He thought he was clear but the Bird Man (Burris, part of the Vinci crew) shot him. Vinci is dirty, just like Ani's superior thought.

I think that's everything? :manny:

I think Burris shooting Ray with rubber bullets sort of makes sense as he didn't want to kill him since Ray was working for Vinci :manny:

:patrice:This is why I think it's still Burris. If it was a grown up Leonard (the jewelry store orphan) where did he get police riot gear and rubber bullets from?

For clarification, The Ostermans were the jewelry store owners.
Upon further review, I'm beginning to think Burris may be a fold in all of this - but not as you think. Mayor Chessani is the opposing force to his son/Caspere and responsible for all the other moving pieces (controlling the orphans, Burris and whoever else may be involved). It's no coincidence that the scenes behind closed doors don't feature Holloway and Burris together, despite we know that Holloway is fronting Catalyst and attends those "well attended" parties.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Upon further review, I'm beginning to think Burris may be a fold in all of this - but not as you think. Mayor Chessani is the opposing force to his son/Caspere and responsible for all the other moving pieces (controlling the orphans, Burris and whoever else may be involved). It's no coincidence that the scenes behind closed doors don't feature Holloway and Burris together, despite we know that Holloway is fronting Catalyst and attends those "well attended" parties.

Yeah.. didn't Frank say something about Holloway coming for the Mayor's seat while they were at the bar? Maybe I'm misremembering.

Daps
Yeah.. didn't Frank say something about Holloway coming for the Mayor's seat while they were at the bar? Maybe I'm misremembering.
I don't think he mentioned anything about Holloway specifically, just that his son was trying to overthrow him and is in cahoots with Geldof, Osip and Catalyst - behind his back - in his OWN house, without him knowing. Now for someone of his experience and political stature, best believe he knows what's going on, maybe not all the specifics but a general picture at the very least. The only thing that doesn't line up with that theory is that if he's controlling the orphans (manipulating them into revenge and fitting the jigsaw to plant Caspere's murder on them), then what part does Lt. Burris play? Is he the mole in Tony's operation and informing Austin, carrying out his dirty work? How's he managing to keep Lt. Burris away from the orphans, knowing the conflict there?

Another thing to note (it may be nothing of significance) - the photographer/supposed orphan walks with a limp, now despite him not necessarily having the same figure, you can see some resemblance between him and the person who shot Velcoro. Now if that is true to form, I can't see him running away (like I previous thought) after torching the Cadillac. Which could mean it was the sister that torched the car and ran away, but I really ain't buying it at this stage.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Show is dope and has been delivering all season especially the last few episodes. Guarantee the finale is gonna be crazy. Bunch of people in here regurgitating the hate the person before them posted and putting their own spin on it lol

Contrary to how smart most of you think you are, if you were that, you'd appreciate a well written crime drama with a lot of subtle points that all tie in to make an engrossing and intricate story. But no because it's not like season 1. Cry me a river you TV snobs and TV simps.
You must be smoking some really good sh*t to post that bullsh*t you just typed:mjlol:

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
The tension and claustrophobic nature of the season one shootout >>>>>>>>
But considering we saw Rust in the present doesn't that make the shootings and flashbacks anti-climatic to a degree?
Since we know he survives?
The tracking shot was beautiful nonetheless.

jaguar paw

Music Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Optimistic But I Got Hands Tho
This shyt is garbage

09a22a2f7bdab23f218fa646cbe8b82e433c0faf.gif

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

You ever wonder why boiling water softens potatoes, but hardens eggs? All these fukkarounds get put in the water and go soft. Me? I've been boiled so many times, I'm ready for my Easter painting.

"Some people say it's not the size of the boat but rather the motion of the ocean. Well guess what, Ray? I can't even swim. Never even had a bath."

:dead:

Daps
But considering we saw Rust in the present doesn't that make the shootings and flashbacks anti-climatic to a degree?
Since we know he survives?
The tracking shot was beautiful nonetheless.
I honestly wasn't even thinking about that at the time, I was too caught up in the moment, wondering what was going to happen next.