Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm starting to believe a lot of you niccas didn't even watch season 1 :dahell:

The build up for that season was slow as hell as well

Half of the questions it posed to the viewer never got answered (the biggest one being who and/or what was the yellow king)

The ending was wierd and wack as fucc

Season one was really good but you niccas stay diccriding just to reinforce your opinion on season 2. I remember being in the season 1 thread, watching it after everyone else had, finishing ep 4 and proclaiming true detective to be GOAT status and niccas in the thread hitting me with the :whoa: "it doesn't finish that well and falls off" so you niccas need to stop faking the funk.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
And people call me a film snob.
Anyone thinking this is in some way worse written then Season 1 clearly knows little about writing. Yeah you may not like the story and characters but they are just as well written as in Season 1.

Get off your faux know-it-all throne
Come on now. I don't think the season is trash but there is a noticeable drop off and yes it is worse. Story wise, dialogue wise. It's worse. Doesn't mean it's trash, as since the firefight it's picked up in all facets, but it's definitely lower than season 1 in all categories.

This is my only complaint too. I don't care about the case at all and honestly I don't fully understand what's even going on. I like the creepy cult aspect of the first case and that kept me intrigued, this seems to be over some money and land which doesn't interest me at all.

But still the second half of the season redeemed this show.
Exactly.

But considering we saw Rust in the present doesn't that make the shootings and flashbacks anti-climatic to a degree?
Since we know he survives?
The tracking shot was beautiful nonetheless.
I can agree with that. But for me personally when that shot was happening I wasn't thinking oh he is still alive anyway :manny: I was like :lupe: got damn this is heat and what the fukk is about to happen next :lupe: that's how you know it's great when in the back of your head you already know the result but still are on the edge of your seat. It was beautiful indeed

Last edited:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
And people call me a film snob.
Anyone thinking this is in some way worse written then Season 1 clearly knows little about writing. Yeah you may not like the story and characters but they are just as well written as in Season 1.

Get off your faux know-it-all throne
I disagree. Of course you need some backstory on the leads but its overshadowing the main plot. How many more scraping the chalkboard scenes did we have to endure about Frank & his wife not having a baby.. Ray, the walking cliched cop, and his father and son-ex wife bullsh*t, Rachel Adams character, Taylor Kitsch and his mom, girlfriend, gay sh*t. :snoop: Its literally overkill. I'm one episode behind but just show us a little of that character backstorysh*t and get to the main storyline, the villian-if there is one, and his motives. I live in LA and the cinematography in this season is some of the worst I've ever seen in a show. Look at the classic movie Heat, hell even look at Entourage and you'll see better locations and scene settings. A third of the show is aerial shots of the freeway or driving on the freeway

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Hart's daughter was sexually violated by the pedo cult. Even tho the one school closed down, they would have had access to other schools.
1.The spirals she kept drawing
2.The graphic sex pics she drew
3.The dolls she put in suggestive positions, that were surrounded by other standing dolls (remember the vhs tape?)
4.Her over sexual nature as a teenager
5.In the time skip she had a mental breakdown

:wow:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Still not convinced Burris is the birdman.

It's clear that Laura and Leonard, the two orphaned children from the diamond robbery, are enacting revenge.

Why else would one of the kids grow up and just so happen to work for Caspere? (She was the seemingly timid secretary at the movie shoot) Why would she work the parties?

Yulqeh3.jpg

this somebody beat me to it
on some i know what ypu did last summer shyt
they basically spelled it out for us or they did that to trick us tho :lupe:

finally caught back up last two episodes

that orgy scene was wack im on my no fap august i was looking forward to seeing if that shyt would make me relapse but it didnt :beli:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Does anyone else think Ani's mystery sex act could be her reenacting what happened when she was younger with the man in her vision?

Also I'm still trying to work out how this fits into the picture -

So with Paul now out, it seems Pizzolatto is now referring to Velcoro. Does this mean he's directly tied and responsible for the events that will occur or is the narrative based around him being the one responsible for the undoing of his own life?

so ray the bad guy he shot himself with the bullets to throw us off

like in the movies where the good guy the killer

they going go back to all his scenes showing he was the bad guy :lupe:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
this somebody beat me to it
on some i know what ypu did last summer shyt
they basically spelled it out for us or they did that to trick us tho :lupe:
It was subtle as hell, but the rewatch adds more proof:

- on the movie set, the brother tells Velcoro about what we later see: the unbelievably well stocked sex parties
- the brother is shown talking to Erica/Laura as she walks up to meet with Ray and Ani
- she noticeably looks back at him after she finishes talking to the police
- "Erica" has dropped off the face of the earth weeks after their interview

Caspere, before he died, was a sleazy fukk - trolling around healing groups for pliable women, stealing millions from mobsters, and fukking over tens of thousands of people to get even richer...

...but his worst offense was leaving two children orphaned punching his ticket to get into the corruption sweepstakes.

They fukked his ass up...but like our protagonists, they realize Caspere wasn't even the top of the iceberg when it came to the cabal.

They got their revenge, even got away scot free doing it...but you know that with the video in their possession, they're not out of the picture yet. And they still have Holloway and Burris to finish.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I like Ray just as much as I liked marty or rust. And colin has been absolutely great all season.:manny:

Taylor kitsch story could have been completely written out in one easy rewrite and the story and season would be stronger for it. :yeshrug:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I stopped at Episode 5, can't help but not be interested in this show.

Is it worth going back too.

-Vaughn sucks
-Corny pretentious writing
-Uninteresting characters
-A plot which i`m not invested in at all

From season 1 to season 2 this show dropped off drastically, makes sense though cause they're not sequential

so why are you still in the thread ?:why:

but any ways

we finna feast tonight 90 min :blessed:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Watched the first four episodes last night, plan to finish it today. I can see where people stopped watching and that was episode three. That episode had the Elvis impersonator, Paul's meeting with his ex-military buddy, "Why would anyone hurt Stan?", "You're apoplectic, I'm apoplectic too!" line, two highway shots within a minute, "Is that a fukking e-cig?", that episode had the most of the bad that the season is known for.

Another thing I noticed re-watching the first four is how much shyt Ani got herself into. Going to the mayor's house without a warrant, hoeing it up with subordinates, running point of that taskforce that ended up in a shootout and later killing the guard at the private party, I would not be surprised if she gets capped or makes it out by the skin of her teeth.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I like Ray just as much as I liked marty or rust. And colin has been absolutely great all season.:manny:

Taylor kitsch story could have been completely written out in one easy rewrite and the story and season would be stronger for it. :yeshrug:

Real talk.. they should have saved his character idea for a different season.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
This has been a very good season, the problem is that it's a much different tone than the last one. Season 2 had way more stories to flesh out and probably did too much to get to its conclusion, but the last 3 episodes have been great. People loved the buddy cop relationship between Woddy and McconaGAWD.

Tonight should be epic with the 90 minute finale, plus I like the little variations of the intro this season. It usually gives a little hint as to what is going to happen. The last episode intro was a wink at Frank.