DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Daps
:patrice:This is why I think it's still Burris. If it was a grown up Leonard (the jewelry store orphan) where did he get police riot gear and rubber bullets from?

For clarification, The Ostermans were the jewelry store owners.
I'm still unsure exactly who it is; the bean bags/rock salt could be a red herring. However, we do know that whoever the birdman is, did in fact kill Caspere and it was nobody who Blake was involved with - which would rule out Osip/his crew and Catalyst - which would mean that it can't be Burris. That's not to say there wasn't more than one person wearing that bird mask, although I can't see it. An interesting thing I noticed looking back, is that the person wearing the bird mask when driving the car with Caspere in it, had a bracelet almost identical to the one Erica the assistant was wearing - which would fit in with her and the photographer being the orphans.

One of the main things that's putting me off Leonard Jr being the birdman is that, he fits the figure of the person who ran away after torching the stolen Cadillac and not the one who shot Velcoro.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm thinking he was just a nobody, someone who was simply a victim of Blake's hoodwink modus operandi (we can see he has a past of trying to deceive people). Frank was just simply asking him, to play on his 'true to my word' character in order to inform Velcoro - which was why he never told Velcoro in the first place because he wanted to find out what Blake was up to (fearing Velcoro might kill him before he'd find out what was going on).

basically...he knew ray wouldve killed blake before he got the chance to talk with him, that's why he didnt tell him right then...

also, frank has been true to his word/a stand up guy all season....other examples to show it in this episode: him warning the dudes he working with/that's giving him a passport, about what's happening/finna go down.....and him telling the mayor about his son....

Daps
True, but I think they could've easily made a decision on Ray when they saw how involved he was with solving the case AFTER he got shot. The shotgun blast was a warning shot that Ray ignored, so they set him up when they saw he was still putting in work.
All that doesn't make much sense, which is why despite I thought it was Lt. Burris originally, still had me second guessing myself. There's no reason for Burris to get Velcoro involved in all this in the first place - Caspere dying and being placed where he was, is in direct conflict with Burris/Holloway trying to cover their tracks of the 92 robbery. If Burris really wanted Caspere dead, he would of disposed of the body (not leaving it out for someone to find) and he doesn't seem like the guy to burn out eyes - he's a cop after all.

It's looking more and more likely, that the person(s) who burned out Caspere's eyes and left him out in the open are looking to expose everything - which lines up with what Blake was saying.

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
All that doesn't make much sense, which is why despite I thought it was Lt. Burris originally, still had me second guessing myself. There's no reason for Burris to get Velcoro involved in all this in the first place - Caspere dying and being placed where he was, is in direct conflict with Burris/Holloway trying to cover their tracks of the 92 robbery. If Burris really wanted Caspere dead, he would of disposed of the body (not leaving it out for someone to find) and he doesn't seem like the guy to burn out eyes - he's a cop after all.

It's looking more and more likely, that the person(s) who burned out Caspere's eyes and left him out in the open are looking to expose everything - which lines up with what Blake was saying.
Its definitely not Burris.

I'm still trying to wait for the gotcha from Frank's wife being involved someone how in something.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Its definitely not Burris.

I'm still trying to wait for the gotcha from Frank's wife being involved someone how in something.

I think Frank's wife is sort of like Marty's wife last year. She's just there to be there :laugh:

I remember people having all sorts of wild theories about Marty's wife, father in-law, etc

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I can't believe how anyone could think this was a good episode. Maybe it had good moments, but goddamn if the entire plot didn't fall apart in this shyt.

I mean, there's this gigantic conspiracy involving corrupt cops from a 1992 robbery that left two kids orphaned, a land deal involving different officials, some directly involved with the corrupt cops and certain criminal enterprises, the latter of which are directly targeting Frank to take over his shyt, while Frank is in a bad position because the guy who got him in the land deal was murdered for his involvement (presumably) with the corrupt cops. Said corrupt cops who are all colleagues of Ray, and now apparently work with a black ops mercenary security company that Paul just so happened to work for back in the day, and conveniently his friend still did as well. Remember that robbery thing with the corrupt cops? This was unveiled by Ani's discoveries following her rescuing a girl from a sex party involving all of the aforementioned people involved in the conspiracy, a girl she was looking for in a completely unrelated case to the conspiracy. So now Frank back in the day gave Ray some bad information about who raped his wife, causing Ray to fall into a vicious cycle getting caught up in the web of corruption of the department of corrupt cops who are at the center of the conspiracy. Luckily Frank finds out the guy who gave him the bad info was doing it save his own ass because as it happens he's the same guy that's working with the criminal enterprise that is directly targeting him to take over his business. Which brings me back to the two orphaned kids, who have absolutely nothing to do with anything I just mentioned except they're most likely the killers because one of them has been involved in two of the places the investigation has taken our heroes, the sex parties which she apparently visited and the film set she worked at that our heroes visited for reasons I can't even fukking remember anymore. Where there was that other photographer guy who made a bunch of vague statements and is now most likely her brother, who exact vengeance upon the people who murdered their parents back in 1992 and unknowingly unravel this entire conspiracy.

See, it all makes perfect sense.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
There was a simple brilliance to the first one. This season tried so damn hard to be super complicated and larger in scale. Was it good? Sure. Will I ever rewatch it again in my life? No. Would I ever rewatch season 1? Absolutely.

The bar was set too high. No question about it.
the temporal aspect did a lot for it too

A truly crooked cop and some serious perverse senses of justice...hell, there was just so much poetry and darkness in the first season...it was truly something that resembled southern gothic style. It was amazing.

This shyt is like a parody of a show that wants to be taken seriously.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I liked the ep. I didn't think Riggins would die this season, but when they took his ass down in to the tunnels.
Frank :whew:

Think Ray and Frank buy it by the end of the last ep.

Leonard doesn't look that tall to be the Birdman that shot Ray. However dude works on a movie set so he shouldn't have too much trouble getting the gun/bullets he used.

Maybe he put the mask back and Burris used it? I'm trying to think of a reason he could have. Get the tape, blackmail/bump off the black cop? Since the black cop was at the party wheeling and dealing.

Yeah it's not as good as season 1, but that's a tough act to follow. I'm enjoying season 2.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This season sucks PRIMARILY because everyone is so connected. Its super unrealistic bullshyt.

Theres no way a kidnapped girl would be related to the same sex parties

theres no way the gay cop would have been in a mercenary group which would have also been connected to dirty cops

theres no way a crooked cop would have been an enforcer for a killed associate

just stop the madness

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
i never heard of that shyt till yall mentioned it in here...if it's something i dont like, i'm not gonna watch it just to hate it...instead, i'll be spending that time watching something i enjoy....

That's only because you're soft tho. Only real nikkas have so much hate coursing through their heart that they hate-watch with ease. I don't even watch stuff I like anymore, hate watching is so much more rewarding, visceral and entertaining :banderas:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
I can't believe how anyone could think this was a good episode. Maybe it had good moments, but goddamn if the entire plot didn't fall apart in this shyt.

I mean, there's this gigantic conspiracy involving corrupt cops from a 1992 robbery that left two kids orphaned, a land deal involving different officials, some directly involved with the corrupt cops and certain criminal enterprises, the latter of which are directly targeting Frank to take over his shyt, while Frank is in a bad position because the guy who got him in the land deal was murdered for his involvement (presumably) with the corrupt cops. Said corrupt cops who are all colleagues of Ray, and now apparently work with a black ops mercenary security company that Paul just so happened to work for back in the day, and conveniently his friend still did as well. Remember that robbery thing with the corrupt cops? This was unveiled by Ani's discoveries following her rescuing a girl from a sex party involving all of the aforementioned people involved in the conspiracy, a girl she was looking for in a completely unrelated case to the conspiracy. So now Frank back in the day gave Ray some bad information about who raped his wife, causing Ray to fall into a vicious cycle getting caught up in the web of corruption of the department of corrupt cops who are at the center of the conspiracy. Luckily Frank finds out the guy who gave him the bad info was doing it save his own ass because as it happens he's the same guy that's working with the criminal enterprise that is directly targeting him to take over his business. Which brings me back to the two orphaned kids, who have absolutely nothing to do with anything I just mentioned except they're most likely the killers because one of them has been involved in two of the places the investigation has taken our heroes, the sex parties which she apparently visited and the film set she worked at that our heroes visited for reasons I can't even fukking remember anymore. Where there was that other photographer guy who made a bunch of vague statements and is now most likely her brother, who exact vengeance upon the people who murdered their parents back in 1992 and unknowingly unravel this entire conspiracy.

See, it all makes perfect sense.
:laff:

whole season is a mess and Nic has exposed himself after stealing ideas for that great first season