Daps
:damn:

BIRDMAN BURRIS!!

Knew it was Burris.

I'll try to explain it as far as I understand it...

They find the papers linking everyone, and Ray lets Frank know that the Russians are in on it with the Vinci crew & one of his own guys. Frank goes ham on all parties involved, takes the money in the safe to set up deals to fukk over the Russians and all parties who took his money. He burns down the clubs out of spite to the Russians who came through and took all of his shyt.

Paul finds out that Ani is wanted for murder for the security guard at the party, and Ray is wanted for the murder of that lady officer he jumped in the car with & found out she was dead (Ani's superior). Paul was basically the only officer who was "clean", so they blackmailed him with the gay photos. They knew he'd step into the trap. He thought he was clear but the Bird Man (Burris, part of the Vinci crew) shot him. Vinci is dirty, just like Ani's superior thought.

I think that's everything? :manny:

- burris is the birdman....
That episode actually leads away from Lt. Burris as the birdman. Blake said that "nobody knows" who killed Caspere (which confirms that the birdman did kill Caspere), and it seems the pieces fit together of Holloway and Burris robbing and killing the Ostermans. That's not to say it isn't him, because he has an almost identical figure and gait to the person who shot Velcoro and the coming-from-behind shooting of Paul mirrors that scene.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
So proud of this dude, making something out of himself after spending 6 years in high school, dropping out of college, taking a jail bid for his brother, joining the services and surviving BrokeBlack Mountain although he could never fully escape those demons. Dude became a respectable cop, and turned down some p*ssy for the first time and it ruined him. Before dude would have smashed anything, including his best friends girl. He was ready to be a dad, a family man.

RIP Riggins

:to:Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose

Texas Forever :mjcry:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
That episode actually leads away from Lt. Burris as the birdman. Blake said that "nobody knows" who killed Caspere (which confirms that the birdman did kill Caspere), and it seems the pieces fit together of Holloway and Burris robbing and killing the Ostermans. That's not to say it isn't him, because he has an almost identical figure and gait to the person who shot Velcoro and the coming-from-behind shooting of Paul mirrors that scene.

I think Burris shooting Ray with rubber bullets sort of makes sense as he didn't want to kill him since Ray was working for Vinci :manny:

Listen

Tell me moar
Daps
Reppin
A few Floors Down from the Daily Grind
Does anyone else think Ani's mystery sex act could be her reenacting what happened when she was younger with the man in her vision?

Also I'm still trying to work out how this fits into the picture -

So with Paul now out, it seems Pizzolatto is now referring to Velcoro. Does this mean he's directly tied and responsible for the events that will occur or is the narrative based around him being the one responsible for the undoing of his own life?
I think it is telling that Frank remembers to ask the dude he killed about who he gave up to get Velcoro to kill him. That story line inst dead yet and he was referred to as some meth-head who was going to kill him so he gave him to Velcoro. I wonder if the meth-head is connected to the chain of events in a way that escalated this ending?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
We still don't know the director for the finale. Fukunaga has been listed as a producer for every episode so far this season, what if he comes back to direct the last episode? :ohhh:

Daps
I think Burris shooting Ray with rubber bullets sort of makes sense as he didn't want to kill him since Ray was working for Vinci :manny:
Holloway and Burris did however set up Velcoro in that shootout, to get him killed.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Burris didn't kill Caspere, if we're to believe Blake and Catalyst's involvement. Which means whoever did, put back the mask and Burris used it to disguise himself when shooting Velcoro (which doesn't make much sense) or Burris is out for himself (seperated from Catalyst, which again doesn't make much sense) - that's pretty much the only way that Lt. Burris is the birdman. The rubber bullets/bean bags "you know, like cops use" would then be a red herring.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

:patrice:This is why I think it's still Burris. If it was a grown up Leonard (the jewelry store orphan) where did he get police riot gear and rubber bullets from?

Margaret and Leonard Osterman were robbed and killed in '92 (by Lt. Burris, Dixon, Holloway and Caspere was involved in some manner) - Leonard Jr. and Laura are their children - the orphans. Caspere who was in possession of the blue diamonds, leads to who was responsible of killing their parents. Exacting revenge/justice. That's the theory anyway.

For clarification, The Ostermans were the jewelry store owners.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Holloway and Burris did however set up Velcoro in that shootout, to get him killed.

I think it's pretty safe to assume that Burris didn't kill Caspere, if we're to believe Blake and Catalyst's involvement. Which means whoever did, put back the mask and Burris used it to disguise himself when shooting Velcoro (which doesn't make much sense) or Burris is out for himself (seperated from Catalyst, which again doesn't make much sense) - that's pretty much the only way that Lt. Burris is the birdman. The rubber bullets/bean bags "you know, like cops use" would then be a red herring.

True, but I think they could've easily made a decision on Ray when they saw how involved he was with solving the case AFTER he got shot. The shotgun blast was a warning shot that Ray ignored, so they set him up when they saw he was still putting in work.

Daps
I think it is telling that Frank remembers to ask the dude he killed about who he gave up to get Velcoro to kill him. That story line inst dead yet and he was referred to as some meth-head who was going to kill him so he gave him to Velcoro. I wonder if the meth-head is connected to the chain of events in a way that escalated this ending?
I'm thinking he was just a nobody, someone who was simply a victim of Blake's hoodwink modus operandi (we can see he has a past of trying to deceive people). Frank was just simply asking him, to play on his 'true to my word' character in order to inform Velcoro - which was why he never told Velcoro in the first place because he wanted to find out what Blake was up to (fearing Velcoro might kill him before he'd find out what was going on).

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a simple brilliance to the first one. This season tried so damn hard to be super complicated and larger in scale. Was it good? Sure. Will I ever rewatch it again in my life? No. Would I ever rewatch season 1? Absolutely.

The bar was set too high. No question about it.

I agree with all of this.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode was kind of lame to me :yeshrug:. I still think Paul's character was useless this whole season, his story line goes nowhere and this show would honestly be the same without him. Vince has been killing it but some people will ignore that because he Vince Vaugne. I think binge watching the new GOAT show MR Robot has made me realize how not so great TD has been this season. I'll have a final verdict on this season of TD after binge watching all 8 episodes again.

Yeah, Mr. Robot shyts on TD this season. It is what it is.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The scene where Riggins/Paul tells his girl and mother to "just order room service" at a Motel 6 sums up the whole season. :shaq2:

This season was just about laughing at how poorly written it has been. Nic put his foot into Season One though so he still has some good will going into Season Three for a full recovery.

Some people say they like this season, which is fine, but some people also like NCIS and Bones so whatever....Good taste is rare. :yeshrug:

Also, I love when ppl act like they never heard of ppl Hate-Watching a show with ease...like its heavy work. I easily watch The Strain and TD Season 2 (two weak Sunday night shows) while browsing on my Laptop AND iPhone. I don't love these shows but they aren't bad enough to not have playing in the background.

i never heard of that shyt till yall mentioned it in here...if it's something i dont like, i'm not gonna watch it just to hate it...instead, i'll be spending that time watching something i enjoy....