Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Stan gone, our nikka dead
I gathered that but who the fuk was he? Had he been shown Or ever mentioned before that scene? Cuz that conversation seemed pivotal. If not it's a pretty dumb way to write a story and treat your audience

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
I gathered that but who the fuk was he? Had he been shown Or ever mentioned before that scene? Cuz that conversation seemed pivotal. If not it's a pretty dumb way to write a story and treat your audience

remember when frank's goons fukked up that dude on the street? and frank was like "what did you do to make someone mad? "
stan was one of the goons.

Daps
This season sucks PRIMARILY because everyone is so connected. Its super unrealistic bullshyt.

Theres no way a kidnapped girl would be related to the same sex parties

theres no way the gay cop would have been in a mercenary group which would have also been connected to dirty cops

theres no way a crooked cop would have been an enforcer for a killed associate

just stop the madness
The connections aren't the problem - you have to remember that it's fiction - the question is, has Pizzolatto made it worthwhile/entertaining enough for you to apply the suspension of disbelief? I mean all those connections aren't exactly "super unrealistic" to begin with, they're all connected through law enforcement/corruption, which really go hand-in-hand and all those other circles genuinely overlap in real life.

:manny:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Stan was always supposed to just be one of Frank's goons.

Whole internet memes born out of giving the average viewer too much credit.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
The connections aren't the problem - you have to remember that it's fiction - the question is, has Pizzolatto made it worthwhile/entertaining enough for you to apply the suspension of disbelief? I mean all those connections aren't exactly "super unrealistic" to begin with, they're all connected through law enforcement/corruption, which really go hand-in-hand and all those other circles genuinely overlap in real life.

:manny:

This is a GREAT point...Like with Breaking Bad it was HIGHLY UNREALISTIC for a white school teacher who had never broke the law in his life to outsmart Drug Bosses and Cartel Kingpins who were raised in the game....But the writers made it "worthwhile/entertaining enough for you to apply the suspension of disbelief," as you put it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Try to hide your sexuality, brehs. Solid episode. I thought last week's was better with the underground sex party but I had fun watching Frank go on a tear. Vince Vaughn is growing on me but only one episode left so I still maintain they spent too much time on him. Colin Farrell is acting his ass off. Rachel is doing well and damn something about her I wanna wreck that puss :ohlawd:

The finale should be a good time :pachaha:

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol I liked Vince Vaughn's parts, some slight genuine glimpses of tension and compelling drama....mostly in his scenes with Farrell and 'Blake'. Overall, this is so bad...laughably so....I understand for the 'I just want to be entertained' segment, and thats fine....but any serious fan of tv & movies, knows this is trash. I mean, at best it's campy fun...

Pizzaloto has embarrassed himself here, artistically, this has NONE of the gravitas and avant garde aspects you KNOW he was was trying for....unless he was going for an overcooked, overwrought thriller that channeled the worst of De Palma, think 'The Black Dahlia'. He was fronting and posturing that he had dozens of better ideas then 'True Detective Season 1', its so evident that is not the case. And he didn't even drop the ball on a drastically different idea or go in another direction....He did the exact same thing, complete with an episode 4 shootout and conspiracies, sexual rituals, endangered hookers, cops on the edge....it's a total failure as the kind of edgy, timely, timeless drama he wanted, he's such a pretentious ass in interviews, I know damn well he didn't want this to be campy fun.

i can't keep up the cliches and laughably bad moments from the last episode.....I'll say the wherehouse showdown and subsequent escape from certain death was probably the most egregious. How could anyone take this seriously? '

oh, and I know unplugging gas lines and pouring alcohol to burn down your recently ceded businesses, and metaphorically erase your 'old life' makes for some good moments of Vince flicking lighters and walking away casually....

but given that you are planning to rip off an exchange in the next day or so, involving the SAME Russians who just saw you....and watched you accept your demotion quietly murdering their goon, and blowing up your businesses would probably at least raise security, if not change the meet location all together.

Last edited:

Nuke Dukem

Da Bears
Daps
Reppin
Windy City
I genuinely don't know what's happening this season. Stuff is quite obviously happening but every character just seems to say random names and places with a few pictures and somehow this makes a story. I'm baffled.
U aint lying... shyt is confusing as hell lol

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Last seasons thread was full of posters speculating on theories revolving around the plot/yellow king/carcosa on a daily basis.

This season nikkas are just trying to figure out what the fukk is going on. If this was on CBS and season 1 of TD never happened nikkas would've been tossed this into the bushes. Nic is an awful writer.This season is just complicated for no real reason.

How the hell did Vince go from WOAT to GOAT in a span of 4 episodes. His storyline is the only one I care about at the moment

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
that Farrell and McAdams scene at the end was nearly as bad as the Farrell/Vaughn scene in the bar in the first episode.
least this one didn't have the dirty knee'd singer in the background.