LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
It's entertains it's sheer brilliance of almost intentional misfires, cliches, and horrible writing...it's hamfisted and on the nose about 95% of the time, and it entertains for this reason....I am not moved by the characters, nor sold on their motivations, or circumstances in which they find themselves....so, yesterdays episode:

The cocaine binge was over the top, and ineffective in establishing what I thought was Ray's bleak and miserable outlook....He did a good job, but they went way overboard, less is more with cocaine scenes....coming from someone who did A LOT of coke for many years, as a 17 year old kid.....the scene just isn't believable, and the soundtrack was all off, a slight score and a few lines, focusing more on the drugs depressive qualities would have been much more effective....As it was, it almost played as a scene in a 'Horrible Bosses' type comedy....

The knife foreshadowing is just too much at this point, we got the whole very telegraphed since ep. 1 Chekovs Knife thing....Ani mutilating her workout board moments before the party was just overkill....

Pauls scene's were near unwatchable, just dull writing and mediocre acting from Kitsch....

The 'elite power circle' orgy parties scenes were the small glimpses of what a more focused and better written show may have been....Not that this hasn't been done do death, but it's an age old urban legend that is always of interest...For all the houses in LA, that one was kind of unspectacular, but the music helped generate tension on the opening shots, and the bus trek....It's VERY hard to believe the conceit, that dozens of hookers participate in these events with well known and unknown '1%'ers' and no one is the wiser......but, the show sold it well enough.

That said, the whole plot was straight out of bad 80's and 90's thrillers and near Scooby Doo in it's execuetion.....Paul and Ray are going to just disperse with the guards, enter the house and find something incriminating? Hell of a plan. And Ani was going to hold out for how long, and what purpose? What the fukk was the thinking there? Is it really reasonable to assume incriminating documents (theres signatures all over these contracts( :dead:) would be just laying around a house used for wealthy/creepy/connected politico/business orgy type parties? Maybe a rental would work better, I heard you can do that.

The Molly/PTSD thing has been discussed, and it's not a huge plot hole....those scenes were well played enough, never really carrying the weight or danger the show would like though. It never felt much more then a bad De Palma imitation as someone suggested. It's queasy and creepy, but Ani never seemed in danger. The men were familiar tropes. And the midnight charge into the full moon was just ridiculous.

This. Maybe I was just wanted to see Ani get smutted up at that orgy after all that cock talk at the addicts meeting and watching DP movies . The buildup to it was great, till Ani found a knife right on the table before walking up with old dude :comeon: From finding the signatures with very little effort, to getting by the :flabbynsick: security, to how they drove off in the moonlight. The effortless of executing the plan made the buildup to the orgy collapse like a house of cards.

3rdLetter

Pushin afros back to '76
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Qnz, NYC
I know this is from Season 1 but

*Rust raises hand*
Quesada: You're a smart ass even with your mouth shut :dahell:

:laff:
(I'm watching season 1 for the first time)

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
damn, cool ep I guess. Weird season of television breh. Like I recognize and acknowledge all the clunky dialogue, clichéd scenes and moments, shyt in the plot that doesn't really connect and yet Im still enjoying the show, maybe its because I like all the actors or maybe the mystery of the season is enough to keep me in. Idk, but the slip ups and shyt that don't make sense in this show don't bother as much as ones from other shows Ive watched, like the slip ups in Dexter used to piss me off to no end but during this season I kindve just shrug and accept it.

Was I the only one LMAO when Ani was practicing her knife skills? shyt just looked ridic to me. SMH @ "inside of you is solid gold...solid gold." The orgy scene was a little tame, not really tense at all, and hard to believe and yet it was still cool. SMH @ Frank just taking the loss from those Mexicans too, I was like there's no way Frank and his crew are about to let them walk away after killing the girl who was his only lead on the hard drive while inisisting they still get to run drugs through his club for free, the fukk? Still, been enjoying the season.

also sidenote, I agree to clean up the arguing but its really a bannable offense to say the mods should dine on a dikk meal? I mean most of the mods here are cool, especially @hexagram23 but I don't think they should act all high and mighty and above the shyt talk. If someone is salty and wants to tell the mods to eat a dikk they should be able too, I mean if its an all out shyt talking campaign against the mods then by all means throw the ungrateful fukk in the bushes but just for lashing out onces cmon mayne this is the coli.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
:beli:

Thats lame as fukk breh

Nothing in this thread is out of hand. Not even the trolling, its all pretty minimal and harmless

Its just a few butthurt dudes complaining that can't stand seeing this show criticized because they like it. They need to get over it.
Theres a difference between critiszing and blatant trolling.

You see me complaining about anybody else?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
anyone have a link that sums up/recaps everything up to this point?

no hate, but ive fallen asleep during alot of the episodes and feel like Im missing shyt even after rewatching

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@Francis White was one of the better posters in this thread. He was actually the guy who came in here and posted a lot of the theories shyt and screencaps of important clues we might have missed. The thread is definitely worse off without him.

:manny:
Good thing we still have tax man though to post smilies and tell us how nobody can act. Over and over and over.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
@The Taxman
@Prodigal Syndicate

Just....don't interact any more. I'm not trying to tell you what to do. It's just a suggestion. But you obviously don't like each other, and continue to @ and quote each other. It's kinda silly. We got an Ignore function for a reason....and to be completely honest Prodigal Syndicate nobody but you is asking to ban The Taxman. So that's why he's still here. I can't ban a poster because one person is arguing with them over a TV show....especially when everyone else is saying "the trolling and complaining ain't that bad".

Fred.
Actually that is incorrect. The other poster who said he should be banned was banned himself for critiszing your decision not to ban him,

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Humans and Hannibal

Hannibal in particular is in the middle of a 10/10 season.
Hannibal aint no 10/10.

Its good. But not THAT good.

Oh look its an image of will as a broken tea cup get it,because earlier they said he was a broken tea cup,what art :skip:

Now heres the 30th slow mo shot of the episode,in case you didnt know,this is art :skip:

Its been borderline pretentious nonsense faux art at times this season.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Actually that is incorrect. The other poster who said he should be banned was banned himself for critiszing your decision not to ban him,

And as I said before he's the last person to listen to about this kind of shyt. It's like asking Hulk Hogan's opinion on race relations.

He's been banned himself numerous times, and was given a grace period.
ghostufed_zpsddn1sgzy.png

Beyond banning him from this thread I'm not going to push to ban him from the site. But he's perpetually on thin ice with the mods. People who don't even mod this subforum remember his nonsense clearly. So he's not the best ally to have if you're trying to make a point, breh.

Fred.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And as I said before he's the last person to listen to about this kind of shyt. It's like asking Hulk Hogan's opinion on race relations.

He's been banned himself numerous times, and was given a grace period.
ghostufed_zpsddn1sgzy.png

Beyond banning him from this thread I'm not going to push to ban him from the site. But he's perpetually on thin ice with the mods. People who don't even mod this subforum remember his nonsense clearly. So he's not the best ally to have if you're trying to make a point, breh.

Fred.
I really dont know him as a poster to be honest, so Im just going by what hes done in this thread. And hes been informative and a good poster in this thread.

But whatever, Im not going to waste anymore time debating about it. Whats done is done.