Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
come to find out Nick just writes like this for every fukking body

it's like season 1 dialogue on season 2 story and it does NOT match up
:sas2:

Them rumors seem like they might have some legs now. We might need to see some receipts from him cause the drop off in writing had been, startling to say the least.

I like the idea of switching characters every season I think it would have been fine if they cut out either one or two of the four main ones but I think the acting has been decent due to what they've had to work with. I can't blame Vince for not being too convincing when he has to read trash week in and out.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
this season is straight garbage

such a disappointment

not even decent television

5 episodes all trash

no way the remaining 3 episodes will make up for this snoozefest
Why you still watching then you stupid fukk? Too stupid to watch something else every Sunday? Unable to change the channel ? You have to be a complete moron to keep watching a show you dislike week after week.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
this season is straight garbage

such a disappointment

not even decent television

5 episodes all trash

no way the remaining 3 episodes will make up for this snoozefest
it's been a chore that's for sure note helped by the dreary colour scheme they've chosen to shoot it. And I am not going to miss the forced faces of struggle. Like that shootout sold itself but they had to ruin it by overselling it with a 5 minute edit of each of the 3 leads with struggle faces breathing heavily

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:sas2:

Them rumors seem like they might have some legs now. We might need to see some receipts from him cause the drop off in writing had been, startling to say the least.

I like the idea of switching characters every season I think it would have been fine if they cut out either one or two of the four main ones but I think the acting has been decent due to what they've had to work with. I can't blame Vince for not being too convincing when he has to read trash week in and out.
It's so good when it's good and so bad when it's bad.

I don't know if writing changed. I just remember him being interviewed a lot about cole. He said he could write cole all day long. Cause it's him.

So I take that and think he'd been writing cole. Then he has to create one other character to say "you're crazy" and it fits. Cause cole is so deep

But now we have no less than 6 Coles. All walks of life. Only one real high class person (the businessman). And yet all of them have these deep confusing, big ass, rare ass, long ass vocabularies... All while making only the fly, deep poetic metaphors, about the simplest shyt in the world.

So on one hand I can see him trying to just do what he knows. Which is talking like this. Kinda how sorkin has everyone talking fast and quippy.

But on the other I can see if this is just a team of writers, trying to do their best impression of season 1

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Riggins is sexually conflicted...but why? He's a "good looking white man" who lives near liberal Hollywood, he's not religious, not close to his family, his mother already knows, he has no friends, basically no one close to him to feel the need to "hide." Many gay/bisexual men have kids with old girlfriends...this character seems to be from an early 90s show...not a 2015 show that airs on the same night and network that LOOKING just aired a couple months ago.
That is the biggest reason why the Paul subplot and character doesn't work for me...it's like the character and his storyline is from 3 to 4 decades ago and not 2015. His mama knows, the military wouldn't care and he lives in the shadow of Hollywood so why the hell is his homosexuality being treated like he is a preacher's son living in 1956 Nebraska?
Plus Taylor Kitsch seems to think that talking slowly in a low raspy voice with periodic explosions of emotion is all it takes to convey serious emotion which doesn't help things at all.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That is the biggest reason why the Paul subplot and character doesn't work for me...it's like the character and his storyline is from 3 to 4 decades ago and not 2015. His mama knows, the military wouldn't care and he lives in the shadow of Hollywood so why the hell is his homosexuality being treated like he is a preacher's son living in 1956 Nebraska?
Plus Taylor Kitsch seems to think that talking slowly in a low raspy voice with periodic explosions of emotion is all it takes to convey serious emotion which doesn't help things at all.
You ever been in the military breh? That gay shyt ain't gonna fly. And I'm talking bout regular people

A faq in an elite black ops unit? No fukking way

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
story picked up this episode. I'm up to about 60% watching to see how the plot unfolds, 40% hate watch to laugh at the horrible dialogue

Makes me wonder what this means for the shows future. Obviously it will get renewed, but the backlash to this season makes me think they might not be able to get big names next time around. Who wants to be fed these shytty lines and have to live up to season 1

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
story picked up this episode. I'm up to about 60% watching to see how the plot unfolds, 40% hate watch to laugh at the horrible dialogue

Makes me wonder what this means for the shows future. Obviously it will get renewed, but the backlash to this season makes me think they might not be able to get big names next time around. Who wants to be fed these shytty lines and have to live up to season 1
actors relish the opportunity to act breh, you think Vince Vaughn cares about his characters dialogue? He's just loving having the stage to attempt to show his range (whether good or bad) Besides other than Farrell (probably) non of these actors really have that much going to be harmed by this. It was a failed experiment but will it scare away future actors? Doubt it, could easily just see actors wanting to know the story and characters before signing. But playing a cop in a bleak world of macabre and intrigue on a channel like HBO? Who passes on that?

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This episode was decent because it was the most focused, but it still wasn't all that great. You guys sound like people who were fed shyt sandwiches for a month and got to eat rotten apples for week five but it tastes like filet mignon by comparison.

All those scenes with Frank and his wife...:snoop: All the Riggins scenes...:snoop:

HBO should have stepped in before filming and based the show on McAdams' and Farrell's characters ONLY.

This, this, this.

The gay dude... is whatever to me so he could have been cut and I'd be cool with it.

Frank... dear lord. What an awful, empty character. It's been said plenty in this thread, but the writing for his character is garbage. Its truly cringe worthy at times.