The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Are they being serious with Colin getting shot TWICE at point blank range with a SHOTGUN (once in the chest) and surviving?:wtf:

Dude was posted up outside afterwards getting stitched up by a paramedic like he just fell and hurt himself or something :mjlol:

Has the director not seen what a shotgun does to the human body? Then again this is the same dude who directed some of the Fast and Furious movies so he'll probably have Tim Riggins diving off a 40 story building and landing on his feet next episode :skip:
:comeon: he clearly said it was rubber bullets and he had on a vest

Such "kinetic impact munitions" are meant to cause pain but not serious injury. They are expected to produce contusions, abrasions, and hematomas. However, they may cause bone fractures, injuries to internal organs, or death. In a study of injuries in 90 patients injured by rubber bullets, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets.

and before b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it was still a shotgun at close range........

this guy lived

and

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Are they being serious with Colin getting shot TWICE at point blank range with a SHOTGUN (once in the chest) and surviving?:wtf:

Dude was posted up outside afterwards getting stitched up by a paramedic like he just fell and hurt himself or something :mjlol:

Has the director not seen what a shotgun does to the human body? Then again this is the same dude who directed some of the Fast and Furious movies so he'll probably have Tim Riggins diving off a 40 story building and landing on his feet next episode :skip:
You're a good dude, but really?

l3wyrom.jpg

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

This guy here lol

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London

dont listen to conversations brehs

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
I think some people are also misinterpreting the Frank character. People make fun of his try hard philosophical bullshyt and English professor dialogue but I do not think that is a case of bad writing either. He is a guy who grew from nothing and built this little empire and wants so bad to sit at the big boy's table with the white collar criminals.. He reads a few texts and starts using phrases he doesn't understand in attempt to be that guy.. and fails spectacularly.

:manny:
And his right hand man all tipped his hand, thinking he already knows what's gonna go down, when he all but went subordinate in his recent talk:

"predilection for virtue."

That was definitely a sub, and an indication he is convinced he has one over his boss.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm glad someone brought up the point about Paul feeling "at home" during the gunfight. That's where he feels most comfortable, on the battlefield.

Ani literally brought a knife to a gunfight. She's a badass but she's too damn stubborn and her ideology is all fukked up.

This nikka Ray was shaking. Him and Ani were both looking around like :why: and :lupe: when it was over.

While Paul is like :ehh:

That is strong character development, Any other "cop show" on television would have Ray and Ani looking like Chris Kyle out there. :scusthov:

It wasn't a perfect scene and it did not live up to the gunfight in Heat. Nothing will ever live up to Heat. But it was still a good scene.

mufukkas in here have some really weird criticisms. Someone said "how come all the cops got shot in the head?" What? The first cop to get shot caught it in the upper body. fukk were watching? :dahell:

Also, the reason the bad guys were being shot in the chest is because from that distance you are aiming for the chest with a pistol. Morons. :beli:

Great post. I think that was me. I said that Paul looked like he was moving and shooting the best out there, and his technique was sharper than Ray and Ani. Ani and Ray had decent technique but also looked like they weren't really looking down the sites that much and were shooting a little sloppier. Which I hope was on purpose because it was dope.

I like the pickup on her pulling the blade out. I think she was out of ammo and couldn't get to a gun, right? Even so the stubborn thing makes sense and is cool. Good pickup on the cops shooting for center mass.

Heat shootout is an all time classic. Maybe the best ever. No one does it like Michael Mann. The night club shootout in Collateral and the nighttime shootout in Miami Vice are also super underrated shootouts from Mann. I still wanna watch Blackhat just to see the inevitable shootout in there. I'm sure there has to be one in it. Even if the rest of the movie is
:trash:

I love Mann's attention to detail. When those feds get lit up with the .50 caliber sniper rifles in Miami Vice, Mann actually just bought a car, put a camera inside, and had a couple guys unload on the car with those sniper rifles.
:merchant:

Good post man.

I wonder what the fallout is gonna be? Heavy consequences for all of them, I'm guessing? Lotta civillian casualties.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
The battle with el goons was over the top but much needed to put some mind numbing excitement to the season. Papi Blue Shirt ( :russ:) was getting surgical with the Taliban K. They were mos def set up with that.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
lol this is all in fun, but you crack me the fukk up. You singlehandedly create like 60% of the mythology on your own......Maybe I will be wrong, but I will go on record and say I don't think Ambrose Bierce has a fukking thing to do with anything in 'True Detective Season 2' :laff:
You are right, but I do it to keep the thread going and I love the hate I get from some posters . On that note you never know who is going appear.

SanchoPanda

I will take what is mine
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Don't know what it is but I ain't really feeling this season. Could be the writing or the acting. I know some of the lines are corny and they seem to try to hard with them. Going to keep watching hoping it gets better.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
:comeon: he clearly said it was rubber bullets and he had on a vest

Such "kinetic impact munitions" are meant to cause pain but not serious injury. They are expected to produce contusions, abrasions, and hematomas. However, they may cause bone fractures, injuries to internal organs, or death. In a study of injuries in 90 patients injured by rubber bullets, one died, 17 suffered permanent disabilities or deformities and 41 required hospital treatment after being fired upon with rubber bullets.

and before b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but it was still a shotgun at close range........

this guy lived

and

I missed it :snoop:

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Who can separate the real Vince Vaughn quotes from the fake ones?

1. Never do anything out of hunger. Even eating.

2. I didn’t create the lottery, i just pick my numbers

3. Sometimes you worst self is your best self

4. You can’t stop me. You can’t even stop yourself.

5. If you want to get away, don’t fasten the seatbelts

6. I never lost a tooth. Never even had a fukkin cavity.

7. What if I’m still in that basement?” It’s all papier-mâché.

8. You can’t tap dance if you’re wearing soft shoes. That’s been the case since the dawn of time.

9. Mow the lawn. I don’t want any of these kids getting snake bitten.

10. There’s a certain stridency at work here.

11. I’m feeling a little apoplectic myself.

12. Spare me the sententious talk. It’s picayune and unctuous.

13. The things I’m planning, black rage goes a long way.

14. If you want to do something right, do it wrong

15. ‘You know the word ‘louche’? You’ve got this Roger Moore thing – Johnny Unflappable… Somebody’s pulling me out on the streets and you’re louche?!’

16. The nomenclature, Blake. It’s off. This place needs something that captures solemnity. We’re not brick and mortar anymore. We’re steel and glass.”

17. I’m so up to my neck in shyt, I’m thinking about ordering a snorkel.

18. You don’t take on somebody else’s grief. I mean, they all come in with their own. Don’t you and I and every other hapless monkey on the planet?

19. The Russians are riding my ass like a pair of wet jockeys, and you’re telling me to hit the brakes?

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Who can separate the real Vince Vaughn quotes from the fake ones?

1. Never do anything out of hunger. Even eating.

2. I didn’t create the lottery, i just pick my numbers

3. Sometimes you worst self is your best self

4. You can’t stop me. You can’t even stop yourself.

5. If you want to get away, don’t fasten the seatbelts

6. I never lost a tooth. Never even had a fukkin cavity.

7. What if I’m still in that basement?” It’s all papier-mâché.

8. You can’t tap dance if you’re wearing soft shoes. That’s been the case since the dawn of time.

9. Mow the lawn. I don’t want any of these kids getting snake bitten.

10. There’s a certain stridency at work here.

11. I’m feeling a little apoplectic myself.

12. Spare me the sententious talk. It’s picayune and unctuous.

13. The things I’m planning, black rage goes a long way.

14. If you want to do something right, do it wrong

15. ‘You know the word ‘louche’? You’ve got this Roger Moore thing – Johnny Unflappable… Somebody’s pulling me out on the streets and you’re louche?!’

16. The nomenclature, Blake. It’s off. This place needs something that captures solemnity. We’re not brick and mortar anymore. We’re steel and glass.”

17. I’m so up to my neck in shyt, I’m thinking about ordering a snorkel.

18. You don’t take on somebody else’s grief. I mean, they all come in with their own. Don’t you and I and every other hapless monkey on the planet?

19. The Russians are riding my ass like a pair of wet jockeys, and you’re telling me to hit the brakes?

:russ:

"Spare me the sententious talk. It's picayune and unctuous"

:russ:

Vince Vaughn is my smart dumb ex that tried to use big words without knowing the meaning of them and it always came out sounding retarded.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
am I diminished ?

lol. I say we should start a meme out of it

episode 4 was better than the previous. nice pace. the shootout was not very believable though
true-detective-the-monster-at-the-end.gif

The freeze shot was perfect for this scene. In the last episode though I just felt it came out of the blue and really wasn't needed.
dawg this scene and the beat in the background. chiiiiilllllls :banderas: