The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
I thought the freeze frame at the end was my HBO NOW stream lagging. I didn't even realize that was a part of the show.

:skip:

Me too :heh: That freeze frame was the cliche ending of every cop drama pre-1990, it didn't even occur to me it was intentional.

And if I'm going to complain, I also want to say that as a David Lynch fan, this show has moved way beyond the "fun tribute" stage into the "blatantly trying to hard" stage when it comes to pulling inspiration. That entire bar looks like it was pulled out of Twin Peaks and dropped into this show, it's almost distracting.

I'm still watching to the end though. I've spent too much time arguing about not gay Riggins lifestyle and trying to figure out what the fukk this whole thing is supposed to be about to give up now. :francis:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Me too :heh: That freeze frame was the cliche ending of every cop drama pre-1990, it didn't even occur to me it was intentional.

It reminded me of one of those screens that pops up for a video game ending, where a wall of text comes up to talk about the epilogue or something. Back before they had moving cut scenes.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Ex military/gay cop will be revealed to be the killer of the Casper person, as he is shown to black out at times not remembering where he was. Just like he did when he initially found the body. :manny:

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Also, the Casper corpse was said to be involved in some weird sexual activity borderline homo shyt, it makes sense if the bike cop was connected to him he might kill him being that he is suppressing his gayness...

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Man this has been some horrible writing...

So if we are keeping score...

Nic wrote on the killing...one of the most horribly written shows of the last decade...

Nic writes the first season of true detective...all this stuff comes out about he stole blah blah blah work he plagiarized blah blah blah...show is critically acclaimed

Nic writes season two of true detective...the acting (outside of Vince monologue open in episode 2) is pretty fukking good...the characters are pretty good...but the writing is awful...gawd awful...dude is using every fukking cliche in the book....right down to Colin meeting his son...giving him something...then straight up disappearing back into some bushes...all the cops getting killed except the 3 main characters...taylor character getting his black out homo on when insinuating he was gay was good enough

I see a pattern and since I don't have jump the shark insurance I'll have to read how this season ends on Wikipedia

Agreed. So far this is proving that Cary Fukunaga's season one directing influence on the show was more than just the visuals. To be fair though, Nic had years to write the first season and only months to write the second. He may have buckled under the pressure.

For a show called "True Detective" they aren't doing very good investigation work. For example: Taylor Kitsch looking at an EXACT photograph of the watch in the pawn shop and needing 5 minutes to finally see that its the same freaking watch!

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Ex military/gay cop will be revealed to be the killer of the Casper person, as he is shown to black out at times not remembering where he was. Just like he did when he initially found the body. :manny:
nah Casper's killer is this guy
JamesFrain-350x232.jpg

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
this thread is EXACTLY the same as season 1

first 3 3/4 eps.... boring, slow, what's this about, boring dialogue

end of ep 4.... wooooooooooooooo!!!! greatst scen ever!!! this sho about to turn up!!! now it's all ramped up from here on out!!!!!

ending of season... man it was alright... that ending was shyt... man it just ended like any old detective show... man i thought we was gonna see more than this... wtf brehs

i knew this shyt would happen lol
Stop with this shyt. Season one was getting praise across the board.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
No doubt we're getting a timeskip in the next episode. Probably 5-6 months after the shootout. Also, I have a feeling it was all a set-up by the higher-ups in the police department.

"You sure you need all that firepower?" :sas2:

I thought season 2 was trying to separate itself from the first? Why the freeze frame at the end tho?
true-detective-the-monster-at-the-end.gif

The freeze shot was perfect for this scene. In the last episode though I just felt it came out of the blue and really wasn't needed.

Last edited:

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Just watched. Thought it was obvious they were about to be set up based on who found the location of the perp.

Tactical team was unavailable. Brass didn't want that many cops going. Dude on location suggested they really until he come out. They were sent there to die.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rust also had that balance with Woody hitting him with the :comeon: and acknowledging that the conversations were on some kind of other level. This season has all of the Rust and no Woody character to balance it all out.

YES:lawd:

You hit it right on the head

They going so hard trying to create Rust like dialogue and moments and pasting it on the cast hoping it sticks somewhere

Everybody waxing poetic to each other with no character to go ":wtf:The fukk you talkin bout breh?"

Oddly enough I an see Rust pulling off "apoplectic" or "devil sitting on a windmill" but he'd also have Marty there to say something like "Apoplectic? That supposed to impress me?" or something