hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
this thread is EXACTLY the same as season 1

first 3 3/4 eps.... boring, slow, what's this about, boring dialogue

end of ep 4.... wooooooooooooooo!!!! greatst scen ever!!! this sho about to turn up!!! now it's all ramped up from here on out!!!!!

ending of season... man it was alright... that ending was shyt... man it just ended like any old detective show... man i thought we was gonna see more than this... wtf brehs

i knew this shyt would happen lol

Nah, the Yellow King fukkery, even though it didn't amount to much in the end, had people:ohhh: after the 2nd episode.

Also Alexandria Daddario was naked in episode 2.

Episode 3 had "creepy guy with a gas mask and machete" at the end.

The 4th episode is what put season 1 over the top.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I think you should read their complaints. I read people expecting him to break out into one of his rants or make jokes,or they cant take him seriouslyat least 10-15 times in this thread. Just because the hive mind has latched onto to something else for the moment doesnt change that. I even remember reading someone say his character SHOULD be cracking jokes because it would make it better.

A lot of the dialogue this season is so leaden and ridiculous the only way to save it is if it was delivered with a nod and a wink. This has nothing to do specifically with Vaughn's background....but he has a bunch of lines that are border line awful because they're delivered like :birdman: instead of with at least an ounce of charisma.

He's naturally charismatic. He can pull off a bullshytter, or a charismatic gangster. He's struggling to pull off what they've given him.

Even last season, Rust's rants were ridiculous but you had the benefit of Marty alternating between :stopitslime: and :mindblown:

Fred.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Vince Vaughn is my smart dumb ex that tried to use big words without knowing the meaning of them and it always came out sounding retarded.

That IS the Frank character. I can't believe people don't see this shyt. Ray and Ani and Paul don't talk like Frank. They are having regular conversations. Not always good but not terrible. Frank's character is using a thesaurus on us. He's a smart dumb street nikka who wants so bad to be white collar.

How are people missing this? I've read countless posts of "Nick's writing is way over the top, nobody talks like that, etc.." It's only the Frank character and sometimes his wife. They are written that way for a reason. It's not Nick trying to sound smart. It's Frank trying to sound smart.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
That IS the Frank character. I can't believe people don't see this shyt. Ray and Ani and Paul don't talk like Frank. They are having regular conversations. Not always good but not terrible. Frank's character is using a thesaurus on us. He's a smart dumb street nikka who wants so bad to be white collar.

How are people missing this? I've read countless posts of "Nick's writing is way over the top, nobody talks like that, etc.." It's only the Frank character and sometimes his wife. They are written that way for a reason. It's not Nick trying to sound smart. It's Frank trying to sound smart.

This would be cool if the rest of the characters didn't have bad dialogue, too. His is just bad in a very specific way.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This would be cool if the rest of the characters didn't have bad dialogue, too. His is just bad in a very specific way.

Fred.

I don't think Paul is written all that well but his dialogue has nothing to do with Frank's dialogue. Ani is generally okay and even if the dialogue isn't great Rachel is doing a very good job with it. Farrell too. He's actually had some really dope lines but even the ones that aren't great he is delivering them well enough to look past.

Frank's character is the only one using graduate course English professor bullshyt and I think it's because he is a street level guy trying to fit in with the wealthy. Now shyt is hitting the fan and he's reverting back to street level shyt. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA

:cape:

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
didnt know till last epsisode woody harleson is an executive producer on this

Both Harrelson and McConaughey are. Likely just an continuation of their deal from Season One...I highly doubt they had anything to do with the production or creative direction.

DLeap

Coli TV/Film Expert
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
CJ6BtGvW8AArJnC.jpg

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York

You are right 100% , I posted that Frank is a source of amusement to the mayor and the real power brokers. Frank is Bodie a pawn never to be king . He is the guy you pat on the back and say good job Frank . You encourage him to study hard and be a gentleman and work hard and you will get to the top, it doesn't work that way with the real players.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Who can separate the real Vince Vaughn quotes from the fake ones?

1. Never do anything out of hunger. Even eating.

2. I didn’t create the lottery, i just pick my numbers

3. Sometimes you worst self is your best self

4. You can’t stop me. You can’t even stop yourself.

5. If you want to get away, don’t fasten the seatbelts

6. I never lost a tooth. Never even had a fukkin cavity.

7. What if I’m still in that basement?” It’s all papier-mâché.

8. You can’t tap dance if you’re wearing soft shoes. That’s been the case since the dawn of time.

9. Mow the lawn. I don’t want any of these kids getting snake bitten.

10. There’s a certain stridency at work here.

11. I’m feeling a little apoplectic myself.

12. Spare me the sententious talk. It’s picayune and unctuous.

13. The things I’m planning, black rage goes a long way.

14. If you want to do something right, do it wrong

15. ‘You know the word ‘louche’? You’ve got this Roger Moore thing – Johnny Unflappable… Somebody’s pulling me out on the streets and you’re louche?!’

16. The nomenclature, Blake. It’s off. This place needs something that captures solemnity. We’re not brick and mortar anymore. We’re steel and glass.”

17. I’m so up to my neck in shyt, I’m thinking about ordering a snorkel.

18. You don’t take on somebody else’s grief. I mean, they all come in with their own. Don’t you and I and every other hapless monkey on the planet?

19. The Russians are riding my ass like a pair of wet jockeys, and you’re telling me to hit the brakes?
:wow: its even worse in writing

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Who can separate the real Vince Vaughn quotes from the fake ones?

1. Never do anything out of hunger. Even eating.

2. I didn’t create the lottery, i just pick my numbers

3. Sometimes you worst self is your best self

4. You can’t stop me. You can’t even stop yourself.

5. If you want to get away, don’t fasten the seatbelts

6. I never lost a tooth. Never even had a fukkin cavity.

7. What if I’m still in that basement?” It’s all papier-mâché.

8. You can’t tap dance if you’re wearing soft shoes. That’s been the case since the dawn of time.

9. Mow the lawn. I don’t want any of these kids getting snake bitten.

10. There’s a certain stridency at work here.

11. I’m feeling a little apoplectic myself.

12. Spare me the sententious talk. It’s picayune and unctuous.

13. The things I’m planning, black rage goes a long way.

14. If you want to do something right, do it wrong

15. ‘You know the word ‘louche’? You’ve got this Roger Moore thing – Johnny Unflappable… Somebody’s pulling me out on the streets and you’re louche?!’

16. The nomenclature, Blake. It’s off. This place needs something that captures solemnity. We’re not brick and mortar anymore. We’re steel and glass.”

17. I’m so up to my neck in shyt, I’m thinking about ordering a snorkel.

18. You don’t take on somebody else’s grief. I mean, they all come in with their own. Don’t you and I and every other hapless monkey on the planet?

19. The Russians are riding my ass like a pair of wet jockeys, and you’re telling me to hit the brakes?

:russ::laff:

Wait did he say the second bolded quote? :patrice:Sounds like something he would say. :deadmanny:

I would :deadrose: for real if he was like "twinkle twinkle baby" all serious to Ray.