pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Agreed. So far this is proving that Cary Fukunaga's season one directing influence on the show was more than just the visuals. To be fair though, Nic had years to write the first season and only months to write the second. He may have buckled under the pressure.

For a show called "True Detective" they aren't doing very good investigation work. For example: Taylor Kitsch looking at an EXACT photograph of the watch in the pawn shop and needing 5 minutes to finally see that its the same freaking watch!

Excellent fukken point. You get a rep for that. :myman: What the fukk was he doing in that pawn shop, I was thinking maybe he was still hungover, even that other cop was like da hell?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm glad someone brought up the point about Paul feeling "at home" during the gunfight. That's where he feels most comfortable, on the battlefield.

Ani literally brought a knife to a gunfight. She's a badass but she's too damn stubborn and her ideology is all fukked up.

This nikka Ray was shaking. Him and Ani were both looking around like :why: and :lupe: when it was over.

While Paul is like :ehh:

That is strong character development, Any other "cop show" on television would have Ray and Ani looking like Chris Kyle out there. :scusthov:

It wasn't a perfect scene and it did not live up to the gunfight in Heat. Nothing will ever live up to Heat. But it was still a good scene.

mufukkas in here have some really weird criticisms. Someone said "how come all the cops got shot in the head?" What? The first cop to get shot caught it in the upper body. fukk were watching? :dahell:

Also, the reason the bad guys were being shot in the chest is because from that distance you are aiming for the chest with a pistol. Morons. :beli:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also, like I said before... I don't know if we will have a time jump or not but there's a strong possibility that the main characters didn't survive because they are the main characters. It very well could be that they are the main characters BECAUSE they survived. Time will tell. Four episodes in and I'm still enjoying it. Do I think it's the best show on TV? hell nah.. but it's worth watching and that's more than I can say for most TV shows. :manny:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the main thing with Vaughn is his character is always saying some ridiculously philosophical shyt. McCoungabae could pull it off flawlessly because he's a brilliant actor, but to force those lines on Vaughn's character is just :heh:

"I don't like lizards....the scales, their color—they flicker off death with every slither... or am I thinking of a snake? Who the fukk knows anymore. " :dahell:

"Your eyes.... they speak to me... like some forgotten devil sitting on a windmill." :dahell:

:deadmanny:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
shootout was dope. HBO you aint slick though. ep 4 last season the blacks were the enemy..this one the mexicans. :mjpls:

why the mexicans gotta be in stereotypical clothes from 1989 though? :dahell:

vince wife showing titty meats all ep long :takedat:

The briefing mentioned that the head of the gang was into Santa Muerte. Back in the first episode there was a Santa Muerte statue in the victim's apartment. I don't think that the fact that they're Mexican is random. I think Santa Muerte is this year's version of The Yellow King.

Casper wasn't selling land, he was supposed to buy it. He got clipped and Frank lost his ten million. Frank was given a timetable to buy back in at 7 million. A train is going to move thru that land. The mayor and the corporate guy devaluing the land to buy it on the cheap. The guy said we not gangsters, they worse. They view Frank as a bug to play with.

Thanks, I have to admit I didn't fully understand why Caspere had Frank's money to begin with,

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Someone said "how come all the cops got shot in the head?" What? The first cop to get shot caught it in the upper body. fukk were watching? :dahell:

Also, the reason the bad guys were being shot in the chest is because from that distance you are aiming for the chest with a pistol. Morons. :beli:

true-detective-shootout.gif
true-detective-wtf.gif

true-detective-shootout-3.gif
true-detective-shootout-4.gif

Two cops got it in the upper body, W. Earl got in the head, it looks like the third cop got in the head/upper body and Ani's backup got it in the face.

I don't believe Papi Blue Shirt is that accurate with an AK but I called it a good scene with ridiculousness. I'm still watching next week.
:yeshrug:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The briefing mentioned that the head of the gang was into Santa Muerte. Back in the first episode there was a Santa Muerte statue in the victim's apartment. I don't think that the fact that they're Mexican is random. I think Santa Muerte is this year's version of The Yellow King.

Good call

Dexter already did that i think in s6

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Ambrose Bierce (The Author of Inhabitant of Carcos) was a member of which prominent group mentioned this season? Look him up see who his friends were...look what he did in Cali and where he ended up. Notice anything familiar ?

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
lol this is all in fun, but you crack me the fukk up. You singlehandedly create like 60% of the mythology on your own......Maybe I will be wrong, but I will go on record and say I don't think Ambrose Bierce has a fukking thing to do with anything in 'True Detective Season 2' :laff:

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Agreed. So far this is proving that Cary Fukunaga's season one directing influence on the show was more than just the visuals. To be fair though, Nic had years to write the first season and only months to write the second. He may have buckled under the pressure.

For a show called "True Detective" they aren't doing very good investigation work. For example: Taylor Kitsch looking at an EXACT photograph of the watch in the pawn shop and needing 5 minutes to finally see that its the same freaking watch!
Not necessarily the same. Someone might have been rocking a bootleg:

9JUN55sh.jpg

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think some people are also misinterpreting the Frank character. People make fun of his try hard philosophical bullshyt and English professor dialogue but I do not think that is a case of bad writing either. He is a guy who grew from nothing and built this little empire and wants so bad to sit at the big boy's table with the white collar criminals.. He reads a few texts and starts using phrases he doesn't understand in attempt to be that guy.. and fails spectacularly.

:manny:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
true-detective-shootout.gif
true-detective-wtf.gif

true-detective-shootout-3.gif
true-detective-shootout-4.gif

Two cops got it in the upper body, W. Earl got in the head, it looks like the third cop got in the head/upper body and Ani's backup got it in the face.

I don't believe Papi Blue Shirt is that accurate with an AK but I called it a good scene with ridiculousness. I'm still watching next week.
:yeshrug:
:deadmanny:

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
Are they being serious with Colin getting shot TWICE at point blank range with a SHOTGUN (once in the chest) and surviving?:wtf:

Dude was posted up outside afterwards getting stitched up by a paramedic like he just fell and hurt himself or something :mjlol:

Has the director not seen what a shotgun does to the human body? Then again this is the same dude who directed some of the Fast and Furious movies so he'll probably have Tim Riggins diving off a 40 story building and landing on his feet next episode :skip: