lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:usure:

There's a reason why 'kids" have been a character-driven device this season.

lol at saying this has been a "straight forward cop show with some good acting". This has been anything but. I suppose you think there was nothing more to the Avocado scene as well.

lol what?...the line about grass, snakes, and kids was just that: a line about grass, snakes, and kids...

it has been a straight forward cop show for the most part....they've hinted at a sex cult/club, but besides that, conspiracy, partners fukking, cops being investigated by other cops, tutes, etc. is straight forward shyt.......yall just want it to be more than what it is cause that shyt is more 'exciting'....that's why yall keep wanting and waiting for some twist, more about the sex cult shyt, birdman, etc....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
It's not bad writing that the main characters survived. They didn't survive BECAUSE they are the main characters. They are the main characters because they survived. Time jump incoming. Great scene.

I never thought Matt M. was catching a bullet in last season shootout. I don't know how anyone came to that conclusion. :ld:

Last season's shootout was better though because the directing was much better. It was a continuous shot. Incredibly difficult. This... while good.. was biting Michael Mann big time and you just aren't going to outdo Michael Mann. You just aren't :wow:

Daps
lol what?...the line about grass, snakes, and kids was just that: a line about grass, snakes, and kids...
Have you not been paying attention to all the character arcs and recurring talking points this season?
it has been a straight forward cop show for the most part....they've hinted at a sex cult/club, but besides that, conspiracy, partners fukking, cops being investigated by other cops, tutes, etc. is straight forward shyt.......yall just want it to be more than what it is cause that shyt is more 'exciting'....that's why yall keep wanting and waiting for some twist, more about the sex cult shyt, birdman, etc....
It's not even about that. Nevertheless, similar plot devices to your run-of-the-mill cop show doesn't mean it's straight forward - it wouldn't be a cop show if it didn't have those tropes in it.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have you not been paying attention to all the character arcs and recurring talking points this season?

It's not even about that. Nevertheless, similar plot devices to your run-of-the-mill cop show doesn't mean it's straight forward - it wouldn't be a cop show if it didn't have those tropes in it.

i've paid a lot of attention, that's why i'm in here stating what i say, just like i did with season 1....but it's whatever man...continue to enjoy the show, like i will...

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
So now we went from discussing a random scene in true detective to now talking about forgetting about real life police brutality :rolleyes:

Yeah I forgot about it :rolleyes:

you made it seem like cops dont cover for cops when it comes to murder just wanted to point out your :duck:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Well I'm officially giving up on this show, episode was the same meh stuff as the rest of the series. Will come back in when it's all said and done and ask if it by some wish granted by collecting all the dragon balls did this show some how become piff in some way.

:camby:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The shotout only saved this episode, I was almost fell alsep until the last 10 mins woke me up like :whoo:...was intense...That's a lot of dead bodies, including cops and innocents.

Starting the show off with the two weakest links doesn't help. Vince Vaughn and his terrible dialogue, along with the actress playing his wife. Seriously, do the writers of True Detective look at the dialogue they give Vince's character and think they've got gold there? :what:

I have a lot of trouble following the case and the thread of the investigation, it's like I need a recap or to rewatch the series again (which won't ever happen)

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
For the last time there is going to be no time jump. If anyone been paying attention you would see that Frank is in a hurry to raise money because he broke. He still wants in on that train and that's because he under a timetable. Colin cut his mustache to clean up for his court case. He wife bringing the big guns out. He has to look like a respectable cop. A clean cut drug and alcohol free cop. Not to mention IA is going to be on his case for the shootout. Think about it, right before a major bust, Ani catches a case for sexual harassment. The other guy for soliciting oral from a arrest. , his bike is also stolen and the press shows up at his hotel to harass him. See the pattern? They were meant to fail. Emotional stress and everything else was put on them to blow this bust. Ray still has some pull so I'm thinking if that guy didn't get his head blown off. He would have spoken for him. The mayor is a genius on several levels, he buried Ani, got the heat off his office so there is no one investigating his office anymore. He has scapegoats to cover the fall.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Just rewatched the shootout and there was various levels of ridiculousness.

ALL the cops got it in the head.
ALL the thugs got in the body.
Why is Paul the only one that actually knows how to shoot? Ani and Ray were hitting bricks.
Rainboots aim shooting out of the SUV was straight out of Grand Theft.
The freeze frame at the end felt very straight out of a video game as well.

Good scene but when you break it down, it was ridiculous.

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
My initial thoughts after watching this episode. shyt was boring as fukk. :beli:

That shoot out aint shyt.

Vince Vaugh and his ugly redheaded wife. God damn, bytch hurts my eyeballs when she is on screen. :scust:

Brokeback nikka and his gay shyt.:beli: This part of his story better be leading to something, otherwise I am going to be pissed if they are putting gay shyt, just to put it in.

Rachel and her bullshyt. :beli:

The dialogue "you don't remember them, they remember you". Tha fukk?

The scenes with Vince Vaugh are boring as fukk. I get that ol'boy needs money, but I wish they would just do a montage of him meeting with various ethnic mafia types and get that shyt over with.

Bruised up singer chick.:scust: Tha fukk?

So I am guessing Jasper was selling land that was basically useless.

I haven't read the comments yet, but ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ at this episode.