Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
That shootout with those Mexican goons :banderas:

Just like last season, the fourth episode closes out with a :wow: worthy scene...

I thought it was gonna be a routine cop raid until the Mexican with the AK started :bustback:on the cops.

Great episode overall... hour went by quick.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Best episode of the season.
That shootout was all types of retarded tho. :mjlol:

Its like they watched last seasons hood scene and tried to copy that.

I'm still :russ: at random people gettin clapped with the choppa tho.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Colin ferreal shaved his mustache to turn a new leaf? Don't forget that crack head that saw him put that mask on :ufdup:, no way that doesn't come back to bite him in the ass.

fukkyalifestyle

Superstar
Daps
Seems like it. Seems like the Mayor set it up. We'll see though. That might be too obvious of a story though since TD is a smarter show than that.
It had to be a setup only thing that makes sense why shyt went so sour. It's so they all get demoted and reassigned and no more questions asked.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Nah not really, to just go from a routine arrest to straight up execution is something to consider covering up for.

Its funny that you claim its just a tv show to downplay my analysis when there's an entire forum on the coli dedicated to picking at and critiquing film as a whole (kinda like how this one thread on this one season has reached over 1900 replies)....mind you this site is a drop in the bucket when it comes to film forums online. :rolleyes:

I guess you forgot about the South Carolina cop that murdered the guy in cold blood :stopitslime:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Vince isnt getting better, he's been fine all season. Your perception of him is just changing because its taken you a few episodes to get away from expecting him to do his comedy schtick.

Before he was comedy vince he was making films like the cell and return to paradise.
See someone pulled this on me recently. Okay, I'll kick it off by just saying that this season is growing on me.

But when I complained the other week about Vince to my friend, he was like "You can't expect him to be doing his funny thing like he's in an Owen Wilson flick." I don't expect Vince to be funny in this. Return to Paradise is one of my favorite movies ever. I know the guy has dramatic chops. I'm just saying that as a dramatic actor in this season, I just feel really weird about his character. Most of it is the dialogue he;s been given so I don't even think it's his fault.

He's probably my least favorite character out of the 4, and ironically before this season started I was assuming he would end up being my favorite. Actors that are good in comedies tend to actually be really good at serious roles.

TL;DR - I don't think most of the people that aren't enjoying Vince's performance this season are wishing he was funnier or doing more of a comedic performance. I think they're just weirded out by a lot of his dialogue.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
See someone pulled this on me recently. Okay, I'll kick it off by just saying that this season is growing on me.

But when I complained the other week about Vince to my friend, he was like "You can't expect him to be doing his funny thing like he's in an Owen Wilson flick." I don't expect Vince to be funny in this. Return to Paradise is one of my favorite movies ever. I know the guy has dramatic chops. I'm just saying that as a dramatic actor in this season, I just feel really weird about his character. Most of it is the dialogue he;s been given so I don't even think it's his fault.

He's probably my least favorite character out of the 4, and ironically before this season started I was assuming he would end up being my favorite. Actors that are good in comedies tend to actually be really good at serious roles.

TL;DR - I don't think most of the people that aren't enjoying Vince's performance this season are wishing he was funnier or doing more of a comedic performance. I think they're just weirded out by a lot of his dialogue.
I think you should read their complaints. I read people expecting him to break out into one of his rants or make jokes,or they cant take him seriouslyat least 10-15 times in this thread. Just because the hive mind has latched onto to something else for the moment doesnt change that. I even remember reading someone say his character SHOULD be cracking jokes because it would make it better.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
I guess you forgot about the South Carolina cop that murdered the guy in cold blood :stopitslime:
So now we went from discussing a random scene in true detective to now talking about forgetting about real life police brutality :rolleyes:

Yeah I forgot about it :rolleyes:

Daps
Antigone gets busted for sexual misconduct with a subordinate and has the nerve to say "if I was a man this wouldnt be an issue"
:aicmon:

What world is she living in

:stopitslime:

I hope that was just to show her characters warped view and it wasnt an attempt at a social statement by the writer
It had to have been to show her fukked up views, otherwise it makes no sense. She's mentally an emo teenager when it comes to sex and then hypocritically projects that shyt on everyone else because she has zero ability to take personal responsibility for her actions - it's always someone else's fault.

Men have been getting put on blast for sexual misconduct in the work place since the 80s. She knows she's wrong to even try to make that argument. :pachaha:
think that's all it was...so far, the show has shown how she has some fukked up view about gender roles (ex: her dad mentioning her having penis envy; the fukk buddy being surprised by the shyt she into; her treating sex like she a man) cause of what happened to her when she was at that compound with her family.....

that's why her superior hit her with 'yes the fukk it would' answer in response to her saying that...
The answer -

Pizzolatto is sure getting all the mileage he can outta the 'gender role' criticism. shyt is becoming a parody at this point. :heh:
full

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
Well I'm officially giving up on this show, episode was the same meh stuff as the rest of the series. Will come back in when it's all said and done and ask if it by some wish granted by collecting all the dragon balls did this show some how become piff in some way.

Daps
yall reading too much into every line...ex: the line i bolded...he told the man to cut the grass so the kids dont get bit by a snake.....it means exactly what it says: cut the grass so the kids dont get bit by a snake lol....there is no secret meaning, no extra metaphor, none of that.....
:usure:

There's a reason why 'kids" have been a character-driven device this season.

and i think that's why the show isnt sitting well with a lot of yall...yall looking for some supernatural mythos, some extra complicated shyt, etc. and so far, there really hasnt been a focus on that like with season 1....it has been a straight forward cop show with some good acting, but for a lot of yall, that aint enough nor interesting...

lol at saying this has been a "straight forward cop show with some good acting". This has been anything but. I suppose you think there was nothing more to the Avocado scene as well.