Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Vince has been fine, but the dialogue he's been given is :huhldup: :scust: most of the time, cotdamn.

This is what I think the problem is. Last two episodes Vince did well but it's almost one step forward, two steps back with the dialogue. The monologue about being trapped in the basement, his talk before the scuffle with Asian Paul Wall, the scene when he went to the duplex (Mow the lawn, keeps the snakes away) all were head scratching-ly odd or bad.

What the fukk does the bird head dude has to do with any of this though? :patrice:

Don't you okie doke us Pizzolatto! Don't do it!

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Rust also had that balance with Woody hitting him with the :comeon: and acknowledging that the conversations were on some kind of other level. This season has all of the Rust and no Woody character to balance it all out.
Exactly...Marty was always on some "nikka what the fukk are you talking about :childplease:" . Marty was even trying to go the whole "lemme complain about my wife and kid to my partner for a sympathetic shoulder to cry on while we down some brewskies" only to have Rust be like "no, you're a cheating scumbag and we have a case to solve :sitdown:" Despite it all they were an effective team and got shyt done.

I especially like how despite their differences, when Marty executed the one killer/pedophile/drug dealer Rust immediately was down to cover for him without protest...any other cop would have protested it and would have ratted Marty out.

That yin/yang-esque partnership worked great.

Honestly I'm not disappointed or surprised that this season is nowhere close to the quality of the first because its a damn hard act to follow...that doesn't mean its horrible though.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Three episodes deep and nikkas STILL watching and STILL complaining. :beli:

Liked the episode, have some questions though, when Riggins was sitting on a bench and then he turned around, some dude in a bird costume fell over? :wtf:

Does this season remind people of Chinatown the movie? :lupe:

Corrupt figures, weird father/daughter relationships,California etc.

Mark my words, this dude right here is way too talented to be some dude occupying space in a scene.

This dude right here plays the GOAT scumbag, wtf? :wtf:
Has he ever played the good guy?

just realized this is the dude joker fed to his dogs in the dark knight :laff:

i knew this muthfukka looked familiar

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The thing is...the vernacular that Rust had fit his character perfectly...dude is a nihilist of sorts and an extremely smart one.

None of the characters in this season (so far?) possess that kind of IQ to be walking around taking like that.
excellent point

thats probably the biggest flaw this season

i tried to look for any positives in the blur line from vince but i couldnt even reason that one

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I especially like how despite their differences, when Marty executed the one killer/pedophile/drug dealer Rust immediately was down to cover for him without protest...any other cop would have protested it and would have ratted Marty out
It's just a TV show bruh. But cops cover for each other all the time.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
It's just a TV show bruh. But cops cover for each other all the time.
Nah not really, to just go from a routine arrest to straight up execution is something to consider covering up for.

Its funny that you claim its just a tv show to downplay my analysis when there's an entire forum on the coli dedicated to picking at and critiquing film as a whole (kinda like how this one thread on this one season has reached over 1900 replies)....mind you this site is a drop in the bucket when it comes to film forums online. :rolleyes:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
just realized this is the dude joker fed to his dogs in the dark knight :laff:

i knew this muthfukka looked familiar
Yeah dude's been in a buncha films.

Even the last hostage that got killed by Ledo has been in countless movies as an extra...he usually played as a nameless henchman that gets killed/beat up by the good guy.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing is...the vernacular that Rust had fit his character perfectly...dude is a nihilist of sorts and an extremely smart one.

None of the characters in this season (so far?) possess that kind of IQ to be walking around taking like that.

Good point breh.

:ehh:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what I think the problem is. Last two episodes Vince did well but it's almost one step forward, two steps back with the dialogue. The monologue about being trapped in the basement, his talk before the scuffle with Asian Paul Wall, the scene when he went to the duplex (Mow the lawn, keeps the snakes away) all were head scratching-ly odd or bad.

Don't you okie doke us Pizzolatto! Don't do it!

yall reading too much into every line...ex: the line i bolded...he told the man to cut the grass so the kids dont get bit by a snake.....it means exactly what it says: cut the grass so the kids dont get bit by a snake lol....there is no secret meaning, no extra metaphor, none of that.....

and i think that's why the show isnt sitting well with a lot of yall...yall looking for some supernatural mythos, some extra complicated shyt, etc. and so far, there really hasnt been a focus on that like with season 1....it has been a straight forward cop show with some good acting, but for a lot of yall, that aint enough nor interesting...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Antigone gets busted for sexual misconduct with a subordinate and has the nerve to say "if I was a man this wouldnt be an issue"
:aicmon:

What world is she living in

:stopitslime:

I hope that was just to show her characters warped view and it wasnt an attempt at a social statement by the writer

think that's all it was...so far, the show has shown how she has some fukked up view about gender roles (ex: her dad mentioning her having penis envy; the fukk buddy being surprised by the shyt she into; her treating sex like she a man) cause of what happened to her when she was at that compound with her family.....

that's why her superior hit her with 'yes the fukk it would' answer in response to her saying that...

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Antigone gets busted for sexual misconduct with a subordinate and has the nerve to say "if I was a man this wouldnt be an issue"

I hope that was just to show her characters warped view and it wasnt an attempt at a social statement by the writer

It had to have been to show her fukked up views, otherwise it makes no sense. She's mentally an emo teenager when it comes to sex and then hypocritically projects that shyt on everyone else because she has zero ability to take personal responsibility for her actions - it's always someone else's fault.

Men have been getting put on blast for sexual misconduct in the work place since the 80s. She knows she's wrong to even try to make that argument. :pachaha:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

Lettuce not forget she fukked her partner too :heh: