The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
How did Vince know about the police raid? Or was that some known cook house (even though I thought that he wasn't working with the Mexicans) and he just assumed trouble based on location?
And that was the address not gay Riggins got from the pawn shop, right?

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
How did Vince know about the police raid? Or was that some known cook house (even though I thought that he wasn't working with the Mexicans) and he just assumed trouble based on location?
And that was the address not gay Riggins got from the pawn shop, right?
Maybe I'm wrong and someone can correct me but:

Paul went with Dixon to the pawn shop with Ben's watch to confirm that it was pawned there...I don't remember how they recovered it but between the shop's CCTV recording (and fingerprints?) they were able to determine that the Hispanic drug dealer was associated with the girl that tried to pawn it. Before the raid Ray went to Frank and brought the documentation that tied Ben's watch to the drug dealer and told him about them pawning it...(that's when Frank basically said that its highly unlikely that the people responsible for stealing his money and killing Ben and his other enforcer are also strung up for cash by pawning stolen watches....which I agree).

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
Maybe I'm wrong and someone can correct me but:

Paul went with Dixon to the pawn shop with Ben's watch to confirm that it was pawned there...I don't remember how they recovered it but between the shop's CCTV recording (and fingerprints?) they were able to determine that the Hispanic drug dealer was associated with the girl that tried to pawn it. Before the raid Ray went to Frank and brought the documentation that tied Ben's watch to the drug dealer and told him about them pawning it...(that's when Frank basically said that its highly unlikely that the people responsible for stealing his money and killing Ben and his other enforcer are also strung up for cash by pawning stolen watches....which I agree).

Ahhhh. That makes more sense. I got that Ray/Frank scene switched around in my head and was thinking it happened before the pawn shop.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Ahhhh. That makes more sense. I got that Ray/Frank scene switched around in my head and was thinking it happened before the pawn shop.
Yeah and besides the highly authentic cop jargon used during the briefing before the "raid" they figured out where the drug dealer Ledo was through Dixon's CI. I highly suspect that Birdman who shot Ray was the Lieutenant fyi...

between the Mayor basically snatching up all the money and influence in Vinci annd considering that he's a gatekeeper of sorts through allowing Frank to conduct his illegal activities annnnnnd the fact that the Lieutenant and that other sergeant are highly likely to be on his payroll...I can see the motivation behind stopping ray from getting that recording at Ben's murder scene.

Oh and who was the first on the scene after Ray got shot :heh:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
This is the worst one. Someone who is feeling apoplectic would never use the word apoplectic.
The thing is...the vernacular that Rust had fit his character perfectly...dude is a nihilist of sorts and an extremely smart one.

None of the characters in this season (so far?) possess that kind of IQ to be walking around taking like that.

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Pizzolatto getting exposed now that he can't draw from the psychological well like he did in Season 1 w/ Rust.

Feel he's trying to capture the same magic but most of the time these moments come off as disjointed and misplaced.
lmao see my post below yours.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
EJ46aYf.gif

:wow:

Hades

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shootout was all kinds of what the f u c k. Everyone and their mom dukes got hit. It's like fire arms training is a suggestion and not a requirement. However, they cannot distract me with said shoot out even though I really enjoyed it.. I still need more "mythos" progression. There was some, but definitely not enough. Was Frank's girl draggin' wagon? I remember her from her show on ABC but the back was never on display. I'm pleasently surprised. LOL at Vincent pulling a Batman at his son's house. Can't wait to see the fallout next episode.

The Watcher

Judging you from afar
Daps
Reppin
Peepholes
The thing is...the vernacular that Rust had fit his character perfectly...dude is a nihilist of sorts and an extremely smart one.

None of the characters in this season (so far?) possess that kind of IQ to be walking around taking like that.

Rust also had that balance with Woody hitting him with the :comeon: and acknowledging that the conversations were on some kind of other level. This season has all of the Rust and no Woody character to balance it all out.