Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
On the positive side:
I liked the scene between Velcoro and his son. It was a very quiet scene and I liked that it gave a different side of Velcoro and showed him trying to do right by his kid. That Batman style disappearing act was chuckle worthy too.

The shoot out was fun in a "shyt hitting the fan" kinda way. I have seen people calling it this season's version of the the single tracking shot scene from last season which makes no sense to me. This was just a balls out guns and violence sequence with none of the stylistic panache of the S1 scene. I don't see how any of the lead characters continue to be allowed to be on this case considering the amount of dead cops and dead bystanders that resulted from this gunfight though.

On the negative side:
Frank continues to be a hugely boring and unnecessary addition to this show that is made even more awful by the fact that it is so obvious that the character is Pizzolatto's Mary Sue and the writer's self-indulgence just serves to make an already uneven show tougher to get through. I bet if you timed the length of scenes that each character has that the Frank character would probably double or triple the other 3 characters length per scene. And Vaughn is just not proving up to the task either.

Paul's struggle with his homosexuality seems incredibly overdone and I really hope we get some revelation about his past that will explain why his being gay is such an issue because right now I just don't get why he is so emotionally messed up over it.

I also have come to the conclusion that, aside from Farrell, none of these actors are very adept at delivering Pizzolatto's lines convincingly. Lines this season are landing like bricks but they are just the same pulpy/campy semi-noirish lines that the actors in S1 were able to deliver with more panache and conviction. Its like the writing and acting is not meshing well at all with this group of actors.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the main thing with Vaughn is his character is always saying some ridiculously philosophical shyt. McCoungabae could pull it off flawlessly because he's a brilliant actor, but to force those lines on Vaughn's character is just :heh:

"I don't like lizards....the scales, their color—they flicker off death with every slither... or am I thinking of a snake? Who the fukk knows anymore. " :dahell:

"Your eyes.... they speak to me... like some forgotten devil sitting on a windmill." :dahell:

Yeah, I think his character is poorly written.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the positive side:
I liked the scene between Velcoro and his son. It was a very quiet scene and I liked that it gave a different side of Velcoro and showed him trying to do right by his kid. That Batman style disappearing act was chuckle worthy too.

The shoot out was fun in a "shyt hitting the fan" kinda way. I have seen people calling it this season's version of the the single tracking shot scene from last season which makes no sense to me. This was just a balls out guns and violence sequence with none of the stylistic panache of the S1 scene. I don't see how any of the lead characters continue to be allowed to be on this case considering the amount of dead cops and dead bystanders that resulted from this gunfight though.

On the negative side:
Frank continues to be a hugely boring and unnecessary addition to this show that is made even more awful by the fact that it is so obvious that the character is Pizzolatto's Mary Sue and the writer's self-indulgence just serves to make an already uneven show tougher to get through. I bet if you timed the length of scenes that each character has that the Frank character would probably double or triple the other 3 characters length per scene. And Vaughn is just not proving up to the task either.

Paul's struggle with his homosexuality seems incredibly overdone and I really hope we get some revelation about his past that will explain why his being gay is such an issue because right now I just don't get why he is so emotionally messed up over it.

I also have come to the conclusion that, aside from Farrell, none of these actors are very adept at delivering Pizzolatto's lines convincingly. Lines this season are landing like bricks but they are just the same pulpy/campy semi-noirish lines that the actors in S1 were able to deliver with more panache and conviction. Its like the writing and acting is not meshing well at all with this group of actors.

This is basically why I'm not really digging this season. I'll still give HBO my viewership, because they've earned it... but ehhhhhhh.

:ld:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
thoughts:

- hell of a way to end the episode....business picked up the same season 1....disappointed we didn't get to see Rachel put in that knife work...

- the mayor and his crew played everyone...they got the caspere case closed and got the detectives out their hair by setting them up with that 'raid'.....damn though at they inside man getting his head blown off like that...

- everyone killin they roles: colin, vince, and Rachel....hell, even riggins started to shine in his role...really liked how at the end, colin and Rachel were sick and could barely stand all the carnage the shootout cased, while riggings looked like 'shyt, i'm in my comfort zone'....think his character finna really take off, especially with him living the double life shyt....

- think caspere got popped cause he was gonna renig on the land deal cause he found out how fukked up the land really was...probably felt the gov was gonna pull out, said that to the wrong people at one of those parties, and there you go....

this... everbody was throwing up :damn:

gay cop was :ehh::patrice:

nikka was burning villages in the army

nice shootout buttttttt.
real talk we back to square one who the fukk killed casper i like had the mayor pulled some strings to make this a open and shut case

STOP WITH THE NEXT WEEK SPOILERS I NEVER WATCH NEXT WEEKS PREVIEWS JESUS CHRIST :damn:
IF YOU GONA DISCUSS THE PREVIEWS PUT IT SPOILERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :damn:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:whoo:Last 10 mins >> The whole season.

shyt just got real. Where tf was back up though? And no subtitles? What was dude saying before he got shot up?

Daps
Why do these gangsters keep using these obscure intellectual words like this is a bar battle from Good Will Hunting? :dahell:
TWfK8rk.gif

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoo:Last 10 mins >> The whole season.

shyt just got real. Where tf was back up though? And no subtitles? What was dude saying before he got shot up?
Their back up was in on the whole thing. Just like the neighbor who shows up after you've been robbed talking about they didn't hear or see anything, while your new TV sits in their basement :stopitslime:

Vinci PD and the mayor were complicit, and probably hoped all major components wouldn't make it out.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Oh yeah, that scene where Paul was breaking down on the sidewalk with the "fukk, fukk... fukk, fukk!" after he walked out on them waffles was so goddamn bad. Kitsch has no range whatsoever, I was actually surprised he somehow managed to sell that overly fake enthusiasm over his girl's pregnancy.
They don't really explain until he's talking to Ray.

At first it seems like self-loathing for the gay angle, but he says it's because his bike was stolen.

Then it makes sense.