Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

However, during this time, he was nearly placed alongside Paige (Saraya) as her bodyguard. Shelton Benjamin revealed in an interview with The Metro‘s Alistair McGeorge that WWE pitched the idea to him during Paige’s time as the General Manager of Smackdown.

While this didn’t end up happening, he also almost became “Mr Entertainment”, a singing gimmick. Thankfully, that one also went nowhere.

“A pitch I had, I wanted to be – this is when I came back the second time. I think Paige was the general manager for Smackdown.” Shelton Benjamin said. “The idea was, I will start off as kind of her bodyguard, but I think it was it was going to turn romantic and that was all – they were all set to do that, and then it just didn’t happen.”

“At one point, I was going to be Mr. Entertainment where, you know, I’ll be singing,’ he said. ‘I think we kind of teased it once with the Bellas where I was kind of singing Louis Armstrong to them… I remember Vince wanted me to be Mr. Entertainment. That never happened.’”
Shelton Benjamin also revealed that the Hurt Business was planned to return at one point.

However, despite talks of the return and even dates being set, the whole thing was simply abandoned.

“There was definitely conversation and planning for the Hurt Business to make a return. And then things just changed,” Shelton Benjamin said. ”They set dates, the dates changed and things changed. And then suddenly it was like, “Nope, we’re just not doing it. And that was… that was a kick in the balls [laughs].”

:mjlol: Definitely a Vince idea

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
We are talking about Bo. But I was using that as an example to show how storylines work under hhh.

It’s not like Vince era where we would have gotten everything about the Wyatt 6 in two weeks and Bo challenges Cody at Summerslam and loses and the story is over.

You know hhh is going to drag this out.

But I do feel like Wyatt 6 has a short shelf life unlike the other groups and their storylines…
If you mean Russo sure

If you mean McMahon, Thats an unfair take. Vince just gave us The Fiend which was built up for months before debuting.

Kane was built up for like 6 months before we even saw him.

Taker’s ministry transformation started in Oct 98 but didn’t really happen until Jan 99 not to mention all the other numerous transformations/stories.

McMahon was a great storyteller when he actually cared. Lot of us are just scarred by his trash ass booking the last 10 years or so.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Exactly. H is going to have to earn that trust from guys like @Silkk. I think we all need to stop being petty too. Including me. I found FD to be more entertaining than mitb :manny:
I think HHH is a great booker (:mjpls: aside)

Way much more logical and sensible than Vince. It had been years since I could stomach a full episode of Raw under Vince.

People used to say Raw needed to be 2 hours but in reality Vince just booked like shyt. Haven’t heard that take in a long time.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
I’ve been reflecting on my college days where I was obsessed with NXT; from the days of Finn Balor, Enzo & Cass, Nakamura vs Sami days to Gargano, Riddle, etc. I would tell all my friends to watch the nxt PPVs the night before the main roster PPVs. Responses would always be no thank you.

Now I always hear NXT is popping again but no matter how entertaining it is or the fukkery attached now I say no thank you :ehh:

Funny how life works.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I’ve been reflecting on my college days where I was obsessed with NXT; from the days of Finn Balor, Enzo & Cass, Nakamura vs Sami days to Gargano, Riddle, etc. I would tell all my friends to watch the nxt PPVs the night before the main roster PPVs. Responses would always be no thank you.

Now I always hear NXT is popping again but no matter how entertaining it is or the fukkery attached now I say no thank you :ehh:

Funny how life works.
I was a semi-regular watcher of NXT when they decided to become WWE ROH, was a good time.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Just saw this

Tess finally be able to do his annoying "storytelling" play by play shtick but even still, not getting my hopes up on him being any good at wrestling than boxing or football, dude is just unbearable no matter what it seems.

Michael Cole gonna outlive another one :wow:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Smackdown did 2.256M and 0.66 demo, last year was the Tribal Court segment with Roman at MSG that did 2.561M and 0.76 demo