Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Lol nikkas chalking up the Dom/Liv storyline as a romance angle lets me know how hard it is for wrestling fans to recognize nuance

Like, brother.. THAT’s all you got from this?

Liv puts Rhea on the shelf, wins her world title that she never lost, infiltrates her camp, assists her boys in winning tag gold, and now she’s making passes at her kayfabe boyfriend.. and there’s STILL an off chance that they’re actually in cahoots with her

nikkas see all that and go “ROMANCE!!”

The IWC is booked beyond saving
There is a literacy problem in this country with visual and print media. These motherfukkers don't know how to read.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
There is a literacy problem in this country with visual and print media. These motherfukkers don't know how to read.

I’ve noticed people are losing the ability to comprehend nuance. This gen seems to take literally everything at face value and it’s pretty shocking

I noticed it when Drake said Kendrick was “always rappin like he tryna get the slaves freed” on family matters, and people went “WOW, Drake thinks slaves shouldn’t be free!”

First off, stupid bar. Drake gets no points for that.. but he literally followed that line with “You just actin' like an activist, it's make-believe” which clearly indicates that he’s (stupidly) questioning the sincerity of Kendrick’s pro black rhetoric/intensions. A very simple pun. Not abstract, not some crazy entendre. A fairly straight forward rap lyric..

But I sat back and watched half the internet pretend to be offended because they thought homie was saying slaves shouldn’t be free.. that’s when I had to start questioning if we have a serious comprehension problem out here

:why:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve noticed people are losing the ability to comprehend nuance. This gen seems to take literally everything at face value and it’s pretty shocking

I noticed it when Drake said Kendrick was “always rappin like he tryna get the slaves freed” on family matters, and people went “WOW, Drake thinks slaves shouldn’t be free!”

First off, stupid bar. Drake gets no points for that.. but he literally followed that line with “You just actin' like an activist, it's make-believe” which clearly indicates that he’s (stupidly) questioning the sincerity of Kendrick’s pro black rhetoric/intensions. A very simple pun. Not abstract, not some crazy entendre. A fairly straight forward rap lyric..

But I sat back and watched half the internet pretend to be offended because they thought homie was saying slaves shouldn’t be free.. that’s when I had to start questioning if we have a serious comprehension problem out here

man I was so lost on the conversation about that, completely ignoring the immediate following lines.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Being NXT champion ain’t even some big flex like that lol.

It’s cool, don’t get me wrong, but NXT as a whole is inconsequential to me and most of WWE’s audience. Thats why only a fraction watch it. We all understand that it’s essentially practice runs for the eventual real thing

Still really cool that he won but let’s not get carried away and try to turn that into dunks on AEW. NXT is still NXT.
You don't have to shyt on NXT like that to put out some imaginary fire.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
You don't have to shyt on NXT like that to put out some imaginary fire.

I’m not shytting on NXT lol

NXT is dope. I actually like Ego and thought Heat Wave was fire. I’m just being honest. NXT titles, wins, loses etc. feel inconsequential to WWE’s overall canon. It’s still a place people graduate from. Leaving RAW or Smackdown for NXT is a demotion. Thats just the dynamic. People can do next to nothing over there and be stars on main, same way they can be the man down there and it amount to nothing once they crossover. It is what it is. Inconsequential.

All I’m sayin is posting “Bet on yourself” with Ethan Page pictures holding the NXT title is a lil over ambitious. Let’s relax

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, it's an issue in all media, and as a person who has been on these internet streets for 2 decades, it has gotten significantly worse in the last 10 years.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Not something I want to be hearing from a half-Jew Canadian who grew up in a Jewish neighborhood :hubie:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

NXT is dope. I actually like Ego and thought Heat Wave was fire. I’m just being honest. NXT titles, wins, loses etc. feel inconsequential to WWE’s overall canon. It’s still a place people graduate from. Leaving RAW or Smackdown for NXT is a demotion. Thats just the dynamic. People can do next to nothing over there and be stars on main, same way they can be the man down there and it amount to nothing once they crossover. It is what it is. Inconsequential.

All I’m sayin is posting “Bet on yourself” with Ethan Page pictures holding the NXT title is a lil over ambitious. Let’s relax
That's fair. :handshake:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe

Let's just say it did feel inconsequential when Vince was running things but it's getting to a point now where it isn't anymore. More things that happen in NXT are being brought up on the main roster. One example is them saying Bron Breakker has a win over Gunther. That happened during 2.0. If Vince was still in charge, Cole likely would not have brought that up. It's going to take time but Nick Khan and the crew's endgame are to try to make it as a much of a legit 3rd brand as it can be.

I mean how can it not when HHH was running it for so long and his best friend is running it now?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
The Liv/Dom angle isn't just a romance angle. It's setting up Rhea's return and Liv was the reason JD and Finn even have the tag titles right now. It's clearly just a manipulation angle.
Yes, I know it’s setting up for a Rhea return. Liv caused her injury. It’s not just some “lovie dovie” type of angle. But I still stand by what I said because they do the same shyt on those “Days of Our Lives” shows.

I don’t know why dudes are offended and throwing on the cape. I never called the angle ass. :dahell:

Last edited:

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Yes, I know it’s setting up for a Rhea return. Liv caused her injury. It’s not just some “lovie dovie” type of angle. But I still stand by what I said because they do the same shyt on those “Days of Our Lives” shows.

I don’t know why dudes are offended and throwing on the cape. I never called the angle ass. :dahell:
Because it’s nothing like what your describing