Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I can agree with that in a sense and I will use a sports analogy even tho some people hate it, but I think it applies.

It's like going from being the star in college to being the rookie in the pros. HBK has called NXT like being the college of the WWE.

That's just the nature of the beast.
Yep, that’s essentially what it is.

A guy can blow it in some random tournament game and it might seem like a big deal in the moment, but the second he’s drafted to the NBA that random game he blew is completely irrelevant and it becomes more about his fit on whatever team took him.

A bad loss or shytty outcome on RAW or Smackdown is gonna follow you across shows, but damn near anything that happens in NXT is pretty much in the rear view mirror the second you step foot on Raw or Smackdown. Even if Michael Cole brings it up on commentary lol

No matter how many times he mentions Ilja once beat Gunther or whatever the fukk, the fact still remains that the majority of the audience never saw it or watched NXT UK. Their only impression of Ilja is what he’s showing us now in real time

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Yep, that’s essentially what it is.

A guy can blow it in some random tournament game and it might seem like a big deal in the moment, but the second he’s drafted to the NBA that random game he blew is completely irrelevant and it becomes more about his fit on whatever team took him.

A bad loss or shytty outcome on RAW or Smackdown is gonna follow you across shows, but damn near anything that happens in NXT is pretty much in the rear view mirror the second you step foot on Raw or Smackdown. Even if Michael Cole brings it up on commentary lol

No matter how many times he mentions Ilja once beat Gunther or whatever the fukk, the fact still remains that the majority of the audience never saw it or watched NXT UK. Their only impression of Ilja is what he’s showing us now in real time
True and that could be said about the main roster. I mean this business is a "What have you done for me lately" business. People (IWC) were wanting Sami Zayn to beat Roman Reigns in Montreal, now they can't stand that he's beating Gunther and Bron Breakker.

But for me I don't follow all that because I understand wrestling is episodic TV and that there is always another story waiting to happen.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
True and that could be said about the main roster. I mean this business is a "What have you done for me lately" business. People (IWC) were wanting Sami Zayn to beat Roman Reigns in Montreal, now they can't stand that he's beating Gunther and Bron Breakker.

But for me I don't follow all that because I understand wrestling is episodic TV and that there is always another story waiting to happen.

the bron breakker thing is a whole other problem in itself

I'm one of the people who wanted Sami to beat Roman, and I'm also one of the people who wanted Bron to beat Sami.

:russ:

I think as wrestling fans, we unknowingly turn into the things we try to make fun of. We laugh at Tony Khan and claim he falls in love with new toys, but we're realistically doing the same thing. We were enamored with Sami because the storyline with Roman was hot and felt fresh. We got caught up in it. Now that Sami is getting a run he totally deserves, he's kinda cooled off for us because new faces arrived. Breakker is a cool new thing and he's a beast, so now we want the world for that nikka.. if he won and was IC champ, eventually we'd be begging for Ilja or whoever the next hot dude was to beat him, and throwing a fit if he didn't. It's a cycle that's never gonna end. just the nature of wrestling fandom fr lol

I'm a victim baby.. we all victims.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
the bron breakker thing is a whole other problem in itself

I'm one of the people who wanted Sami to beat Roman, and I'm also one of the people who wanted Bron to beat Sami.

:russ:

I think as wrestling fans, we unknowingly turn into the things we try to make fun of. We laugh at Tony Khan and claim he falls in love with new toys, but we're realistically doing the same thing. We were enamored with Sami because the storyline with Roman was hot and felt fresh. We got caught up in it. Now that Sami is getting a run he totally deserves, he's kinda cooled off for us because new faces arrived. Breakker is a cool new thing and he's a beast, so now we want the world for that nikka.. if he won and was IC champ, eventually we'd be begging for Ilja or whoever the next hot dude was to beat him, and throwing a fit if he didn't. It's a cycle that's never gonna end. just the nature of wrestling fandom fr lol

I'm a victim baby.. we all victims.
People need to get things out of their head that stuff has to go their way or it's bad. I'm talking purely on an outcome standpoint. If a much sucks, then by all means crap on it, but even that is subjective. Once they do, they can sit back and enjoy the ride they are giving us.

Just like The Rock told us too. :troll:

I can say one thing, this Bron vs Sami "feud" isn't done.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps

Them nikkas bro. I hate them nikkas that do this with a passion because they do this shyt every fukking month like clockwork.

every PLE I feel like lame nikkas be like wwe fukked up… “they should have pulled the trigger” like go pull a bytch bro

I’m glad you brought up the Sami situation because that’s the perfect example.

Bron could have won Saturday and everyone would have claimed Sheamus needs to win the title at Summerslam lol

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Give me
Cena vs Punk
Cena vs AJ
Cena vs Cody
And then Cena vs Orton at mania

Nobody trying to see Cena put over young talent on his retirement tour

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He was just igniting his leg to give BD that fire kick. :troll:

giphy.webp
There’s a reason why he’s called the ScapeGOAT

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
People need to get things out of their head that stuff has to go their way or it's bad. I'm talking purely on an outcome standpoint. If a much sucks, then by all means crap on it, but even that is subjective. Once they do, they can sit back and enjoy the ride they are giving us.

Just like The Rock told us too. :troll:

I can say one thing, this Bron vs Sami "feud" isn't done.

Them nikkas bro. I hate them nikkas that do this with a passion because they do this shyt every fukking month like clockwork.

every PLE I feel like lame nikkas be like wwe fukked up… “they should have pulled the trigger” like go pull a bytch bro

Bron could have won Saturday and everyone would have claimed Sheamus needs to win the title at Summerslam lol

Yeah, we have to stop letting fan shyt get in the way of our critical thinking

It’s kinda ridiculous to scream foul and start calling Triple H the worst booker ever because the person I wanted to win, didn’t.

The product is hot as ever, arenas selling out like never before, etc. but the nikka is terrible at his job because xyz lost a match? Like, get real

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised

That shyt irritating as hell. Every PLE it’s some weird ass nikka that comes out from under a rock just to cry about some shyt. Then when you explain the reason for the shyt they want to argue cause their way is better :russ:

Punk was right about fantasy bookers

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The product is hot as ever, arenas selling out like never before, etc. but the nikka is terrible at his job because xyz lost a match? Like, get real

He's been a good booker for the most part since his NXT days (aside from some glaring flaws I won't touch on at this moment) but is the bottom line always ticket sales in that argument?

I don't mind if that's all you care about, it makes sense (not really when you're a fan because you aren't seeing the money but if you are in the company then yeah).

The thing about that is.... NXT wasn't profitable ever. NXT was actually losing WWE a lot of money when they were on the road.

Fans (myself included) thought that shyt was fire for the most part... but it wasn't a sound business. Do we look back on that now and say it's trash because it wasn't profitable?

:jbhmm:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
He's been a good booker for the most part since his NXT days (aside from some glaring flaws I won't touch on at this moment) but is the bottom line always ticket sales in that argument?

I don't mind if that's all you care about, it makes sense (not really when you're a fan because you aren't seeing the money but if you are in the company then yeah).

The thing about that is.... NXT wasn't profitable ever. NXT was actually losing WWE a lot of money when they were on the road.

Fans (myself included) thought that shyt was fire for the most part... but it wasn't a sound business. Do we look back on that now and say it's trash because it wasn't profitable?

:jbhmm:

that's conflating the original conversation

What I'm speaking toward is the notion that Triple H is the "worst booker ever" because the person I wanted to win a match, didn't. When I do that, I'm completely ignoring the fact that the quality of the product he's head creative for is a massive hit specifically because of my personal opinion on the outcome of one match. When I do that, I'm conflating fan shyt with reality by making the severity of that one match a bigger deal than it actually is.

It would be like me saying Forbidden Door was trash and TK is a terrible booker because Will Ospreay lost to Swerve. It's an opinion I'm welcomed to have, sure.. but its also a pretty stupid thing to say because I'm clearly conflating the actual quality of the show with my personal opinion of who I wanted to win - which at least to me,is short sighted as hell

that's a completely different conversation than a WWE vanity project losing money in its infancy lol

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans

What I'm speaking toward is the notion that Triple H is the "worst booker ever" because the person I wanted to win a match, didn't. When I do that, I'm completely ignoring the fact that the quality of the product he's head creative for is a massive hit specifically because of my personal opinion on the outcome of one match. When I do that, I'm conflating fan shyt with reality by making the severity of that one match a bigger deal than it actually is.

It would be like me saying Forbidden Door was trash and TK is a terrible booker because Will Ospreay lost to Swerve. It's an opinion I'm welcomed to have, sure.. but its also a pretty stupid thing to say because I'm clearly conflating the actual quality of the show with my personal opinion of who I wanted to win which at least to me is short sighted as hell

that's a completely different conversation than a WWE side project losing money early on lol
People just want instant gratification for the most part

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

It would be like me saying Forbidden Door was trash and TK is a terrible booker because Will Ospreay lost to Swerve. It's an opinion I'm welcomed to have, sure.. but its also a pretty stupid thing to say because I'm clearly conflating the actual quality of the show with my personal opinion of who I wanted to win - which at least to me,is short sighted as hell

that's a completely different conversation than a WWE vanity project losing money in its infancy lol

Ok, I will grant you that... NXT had only been a touring brand for 7 years up until Vince put his own people in charge of it and neutered Hunter.
So, essentially what you're saying is that a promotion, even if it's booked well and all stars are aligned... 7 years isn't enough time to write it off as a failure because it isn't yet profitable... it's still in the development stages.... Interesting. Interesting take there. :troll:

Anyway, back to Hunter and all the hyperbole online. That's always going to happen with wrestling fans. They get an idea in their head and if it doesn't go EXACTLY the way they wanted it to go...it's trash. That's the terrible fantasy booking people talk about.