Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
It has nothing to do with romance that is the point
Do you not know how those early afternoon romance drama shows work? They need material to stretch 70+ shows a year and to last decades. It’s not just “you’re the only one for me!” shyt.

My grandma used to watch them when I was a kid, so I’ve seen them.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Let's just say it did feel inconsequential when Vince was running things but it's getting to a point now where it isn't anymore. More things that happen in NXT are being brought up on the main roster. One example is them saying Bron Breakker has a win over Gunther. That happened during 2.0. If Vince was still in charge, Cole likely would not have brought that up. It's going to take time but Nick Khan and the crew's endgame are to try to make it as a much of a legit 3rd brand as it can be.

I mean how can it not when HHH was running it for so long and his best friend is running it now?

I agree and disagree..

I think inconsequential is being misinterpreted in a way.

I do think NXT feels more like an extension of the main 2 shows versus existing on an island by itself like it felt when Vince still had the book. It definitely feels more like a 3rd brand now

But I say inconsequential because the results over there don’t feel like they have an actual consequence or impact on talent long term. It’s universally understood that NXT is developmental despite its third brand status, and the minute a talent makes their way over to the main roster it’s a soft reset. In the past, it was a hard reset. People being stripped down and forced to start over. That doesn’t necessarily exist anymore, but a reset still happens nonetheless.

Melo was a main eventer in NXT. Crossed over to Smackdown with the same character and look, but his position is way further down the card than it was in NXT. If you’re a main eventer on Smackdown and move over to RAW, you’re still in the same position and vice versa. That doesn’t really exist with NXT. You can be a main eventer over there and walk straight into the lower mid card on main. I’m sure as time goes on, we’ll see people who weren’t really big names down in NXT turn into main eventers on the main roster as well. That’s the dynamic. That’s what I mean when I say NXT still feels inconsequential to WWE’s overall canon lol

It’s not really a diss. I feel like that’s one of the reasons a lot of WWE’s viewership dismisses that show and ignore it completely. As long as that developmental aspect is there in some capacity, it’s always gonna be seen in a different light that the other 2 shows

OneDeep

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
Do you not know how those early afternoon romance drama shows work? They need material to stretch 70+ shows a year and to last decades. It’s not just “you’re the only one for me!” shyt.

My grandma used to watch them when I was a kid, so I’ve seen them.
We talking about the same story :what:

Liv want to take everything from Rhea

Her title
Her Group
Her “Man”

You’re focusing on a small part of the story that is still nothing like what you’re describing :comeon:

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
I agree and disagree..

I think inconsequential is being misinterpreted in a way.

I do think NXT feels more like an extension of the main 2 shows versus existing on an island by itself like it felt when Vince still had the book. It definitely feels more like a 3rd brand now

But I say inconsequential because the results over there don’t feel like they have an actual consequence or impact on talent long term. It’s universally understood that NXT is developmental despite its third brand status, and the minute a talent makes their way over to the main roster it’s a soft reset. In the past, it was a hard reset. People being stripped down and forced to start over. That doesn’t necessarily exist anymore, but a reset still happens nonetheless.

Melo was a main eventer in NXT. Crossed over to Smackdown with the same character and look, but his position is way further down the card than it was in NXT. If you’re a main eventer on Smackdown and move over to RAW, you’re still in the same position and vice versa. That doesn’t really exist with NXT. You can be a main eventer over there and walk straight into the lower mid card on main. I’m sure as time goes on, we’ll see people who weren’t really big names down in NXT turn into main eventers on the main roster as well. That’s the dynamic. That’s what I mean when I say NXT still feels inconsequential to WWE’s overall canon lol

It’s not really a diss
I can agree with that in a sense and I will use a sports analogy even tho some people hate it, but I think it applies.

It's like going from being the star in college to being the rookie in the pros. HBK has called NXT like being the college of the WWE.

That's just the nature of the beast.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
We talking about the same story :what:

Liv want to take everything from Rhea

Her title
Her Group
Her “Man”

You’re focusing on a small part of the story that is still nothing like what you’re describing :comeon:
What exactly am I describing when I say “early afternoon romance show”? You’re making up your own assumptions on what I mean. :snoop:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Exactly what you just said:aicmon:

But go head & spin it :unimpressed:

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about. You’re the same idiot who said I was defending and saying an angle was good because I used logic to explain why things were happening the way they were. :shaq2:

Dudes really went on a rampage over their own assumptions of what I said. :dead: