Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Listen to yourself

To you, this fictional championship holds more weight than being the face of an entire promotion. That sounds sane to you?

The entire industry would sacrifice goats to be in Cody’s position. He’s conquered wrestling. Like if this was a game, he won it.

And to YOU, a fictional title that a person with a pencil decides is more important. This sounds like a sane take to you? You know wrestlings fake, right?

I want him to win it on some fan shyt for my viewing pleasure, and I hope it’s soon. Mania even.. but to pretend he’s been screwed over by the company if he’s not written to win this fictional title on a tv show screams mark, I’m sorry
The face of the company is the main who’s main evented like 6 mainas in a row lol

Roman being on a part time schedule doesn’t change that

Cody entire narrative is finishing the story and you telling me we’re all marks for wanting him to finish it

If you fine with him being the equivalent Dak Prescott and James Harden than that’s on you

I don’t support nikkas who ball out in the regular season but fall short when it matters the most

I guess I’m a mark

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People who run the narrative that Cody is being screwed over because of the title stuff are so hilarious to me

Like, the entire company is built around him at this point. Literally the centerpiece of everything. Face on the video game cover, entire shows promoted on his back with him highlighted as theee attraction. They’ve handed him the keys at this point, and you think he’s being screwed by the company because he may not be written to win a predetermined match for a fake championship yet..

It screams mark
lol I think I told this story before. They would have Cody wrestle a match before the intermission on live shows and then get on the mic, promo, let everyone know he was signing autographs and please don't leave they have a main event coming up in a few...and people were legit getting up to leave because they were done watching Cody and were getting their autographs.

Seth Rollins was the main event.

He has the epitome of the "let's give the baby his bottle" belt because Triple H wants to keep him signed and everyone knows he is an incredible wrestler and would be a huge loss, but he just doesn't FEEL like the main event on the card as long as Cody is on the show.

Like there's the main--but WHO is the real main event?

:jbhmm:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
What does this mean?

I hate having to remind brehs...but, it's a work. :snoop:

I get it, I have to remind my damn self at times..

We get caught up in the soap opera theatrics of wrestling and it starts to warp our perception of what’s actually happening.

As a fan, I want Cody to be champion YESTERDAY. Give me that moment so I can cheer and celebrate.. but the reality of where Cody stands within that company is deeper than any scripted result. He’s the guy. They’ve given him the keys. He’s Cena. Do people just not recognize this very obvious fact? Do people really think his stature raises with a scripted win? He’s already at the top of the food chain brehs, there’s nowhere else to go

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Cody entire narrative is finishing the story and you telling me we’re all marks for wanting him to finish it

Well, yeah..

Not for wanting him to win.. You’re just failing to separate the results of the television show with the actual business and profession of wrestling. That’s mark activity. It’s not a diss, we all do it.. I’m just shocked you don’t recognize that fact lol

what you’re doing is equivalent to like some Marvel fan believing Disney is doing Tom Holland THE ACTOR some grave disservice and injustice because the Spider-Man CHARACTER is getting his ass whooped in a movie… while completely dismissing the fact that they’ve pretty much made him the centerpiece of everything they’re doing going forward and are greenlighting projects left and right

Like… how do you not see this? :ohlawd:

I hate when y’all compare wrestling to sports because it’s not that. It’s a fictional tv show with fictional characters fighting toward predetermined fictional results. It’s a live action cartoon damn near. A Soap opera.

Last edited:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Well, yeah..

You’re failing to separate the results of the television show with the actual business and profession of wrestling. That’s mark activity. It’s not a diss, we all do it.. I’m just shocked you don’t recognize that fact lol

what you’re doing is equivalent to like some Marvel fan believing Disney is doing Tom Holland THE ACTOR some grave disservice and injustice because the Spider-Man CHARACTER is getting his ass whooped in a movie… while completely dismissing the fact that they’ve pretty much made him the centerpiece of everything they’re doing going forward and are greenlighting projects left and right

I hate when y’all compare wrestling to sports because it’s not that. It’s a fictional tv show with fictional characters fighting toward predetermined fictional results. It’s a live action cartoon damn near. Soap opera.
didn’t Cody literally say in a interview don’t put him on any game covers or any show cases or anything of noteworthy if he doesn’t finish the story recently

Didn’t Cody say the reason why he came back is to win the title his father never had

Tom holland not putting his body on the line every day, attending every event and the last one to leave every event year in and out

Yeah it’s a business and for Cody it’s a job

Imagine working hard and being the best at your job and not getting the reward you deserve

We would all quit, shyt punk did

But we’re arguing for no reason we know it’s Roman vs Cody lmao

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Imagine working hard and being the best at your job and not getting the reward you deserve

We would all quit, shyt punk did

Lmao fam, are you hearing yourself?

Cody’s position in the company IS the reward!

You mentioning Punk quitting only furthers my point. There was a time when Punk was champion for like 400 days… and the nikka was disgruntled because he felt he deserved to be the focal point. On the programs. The billboards. The video games. He felt overlooked because in reality he wanted the top slot. Cena’s spot.

And Cena’s spot is quite literally occupied right now by the muhfukka we talkin bout. Cody Trevonte Rhodes

:lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Cody doesn't "need" to finish the story, the only thing I would say is that the reason why WWE attendance is so high is because they hit on multiple stories and characters...

If they start fukking up stories and characters that's when attendance starts to dry up. It's not so much "Cody needs to win" they just need to continue to have shyt that people want to see and care about.

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Lmao fam, are you hearing yourself?

Cody’s position in the company IS the reward!

You mentioning Punk quitting only furthers my point. There was a time when Punk was champion for like 400 days… and the nikka was disgruntled because he felt he deserved to be the focal point. On the programs. The billboards. The video games. He felt overlooked because in reality he wanted the top slot. Cena’s spot.

And Cena’s spot is quite literally occupied right now by the muhfukka we talkin bout. Cody Trevonte Rhodes

:lolbron:
Roman is the face of the company— I like how you ignored me saying that last time

When has Cody been the focal point?

Between last years rumble to this rumble Roman has been in more main events than Cody, with Roman wrestling less than ten matches

And he beat Cody in one of those main events :russ:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well, yeah..

Not for wanting him to win.. You’re just failing to separate the results of the television show with the actual business and profession of wrestling. That’s mark activity. It’s not a diss, we all do it.. I’m just shocked you don’t recognize that fact lol

I hate when y’all compare wrestling to sports because it’s not that. It’s a fictional tv show with fictional characters fighting toward predetermined fictional results. It’s a live action cartoon damn near. A Soap opera.
This is such a great way to explain it. We all do it sometimes, hell I'm guilty of it and I want to see Cody finish the story :yeshrug:

After last year's WrestleMania I won't say I wasn't disappointed, but that's the business

I actually think he'll lose again this year because they want to extend Roman's reign and the story will become "Well maybe I should just give up..." and he'll have to figure out something else. WWE has definitely figured out there is money in people watching him go through the chase.