Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Yeah….They really haven’t done shyt with JD since Dom joined.

The Mcdonalds shyt been going on how many months now…?

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Kind of what @Silkk alluded to, Seth is probably 5th or 6th in terms of importance on Raw behind Cody, Jey, Gunther, Sami, and The Judgment Day. This is the World Champion of Raw we’re talking about here and he’s pretty much a midcarder on the show.

The Judgment Day on the other hand has been overexposed imo and the storyline seems to be moving at a snail’s pace.

Re: Seth. He was supposed to be the face of the brand along with Cody and as much as I liked some of the back and forth with Nakamura, something is missing with this whole run.

Re: The Judgment Day. I do think they got over and at least Dom and Rhea are still over to an extent but there really is no story anymore. They built up some dissension and it went nowhere, they had a couple feuds that they've burned through and every week now it's just rehashing shyt.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The ROI didn't stack up because in that slot FOX was expecting traditional sports types of ad placements and WWE wasn't generating that for them.

I think McMahon's issues had a lot to do with it too. A lot of products likely steered clear of that potential mess.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The ROI didn't stack up because in that slot FOX was expecting traditional sports types of ad placements and WWE wasn't generating that for them.

I think McMahon's issues had a lot to do with it too. A lot of products likely steered clear of that potential mess.
Vince issues had nothing to do with it at all.

The truth of the matter is that Fox viewers and the non-cable audience just don't fukk with wrestling like that to justify the costs of keeping it on air. Thos ratings that dudes in this thread love argue about mean nothing in the grand scheme of things because there's this thing called advertising that people overlook.

It's no different than other television shows with good ratings, but still get cancelled as the ROI just isn't there. A perfect example of that is 9-1-1 and it's move to ABC. It's also why TNF didn't make it when Fox tried it a few years ago.

This problem didn't start with Vince issues and always has been there.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

The truth of the matter is that Fox viewers and the non-cable audience just don't fukk with wrestling like that to justify the costs of keeping it on air. Thos ratings that dudes in this thread love argue about mean nothing in the grand scheme of things because there's this thing called advertising that people overlook.

It's no different than other televisions with good ratings, but still get cancelled as the ROI just isn't there. A perfect example of that is 9-1-1 and it's move to ABC. It's also TNF didn't make it when Fox tried it a few years ago.

That's not the whole story. SD! proved to be DVR proof for the most part. It won most Friday nights in the key demos. FOX expected more viewers but they needed more viewers not because SD! wasn't doing well vs. the competition on Fridays, they needed more viewers to entice more top tier ad placements that have always been difficult for wrestling to secure.

McMahon's legal issues for sure have created an image issue for a genre of entertainment that already has a stigma attached to it. Ari and Endeavor have admitted as much and have basically blamed McMahon for the recent stock woes.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
That's not the whole story. SD! proved to be DVR proof for the most part. It won most Friday nights in the key demos. FOX expected more viewers but they needed more viewers not because SD! wasn't doing well vs. the competition on Fridays, they needed more viewers to entice more top tier ad placements that have always been difficult for wrestling to secure.

McMahon's legal issues for sure have created an image issue for a genre of entertainment that already has a stigma attached to it. Ari and Endeavor have admitted as much and have basically blamed McMahon for the recent stock woes.
Those key demos that posters and wrestling fandom keep talking about mean nothing in the grand scheme of things because sports and wrestling entertainment will always need high ratings to justify the cost of keeping them on air compared to regular non-television shows.

Again, it's the reason why TNF failed on regular television as it was too high to keep on air and the ratings and advertising dollars wasn't enough to save it. If it was, you'd see more sports on regular television during the week than you already do now.

That stigma around wrestling has always been there. That didn't start with Vince issues. Wrestling just isn't mainstream like that no matter how people try and spin it.

9-1-1 was the hottest show on Fox and that shyt still got cancelled because of cost.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah no doubt, It's been the plan since WM39 ended. But in the meantime we're getting the BS on Raw that we've been getting to fill time until we get back there.

I don't see Jey going back, That would just completely halt his growth. If he's really ever gonna be "Main Event" it would have to be on Raw.

I been wanting LA Knight on Raw for months but we'll see.
I think Jey has actually stalled. He's basically doing the same shyt he was doing on SD, but it's with a less popular group now. The reason he would go back to SD is to setup the brother vs brother Mania match. Jimmy's solo run was looking a little shaky at first, but dude has become one of the best parts of the company. I can't wait to see the Uso segments leading up to Mania.

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX

It's no different than other television shows with good ratings, but still get cancelled as the ROI just isn't there. A perfect example of that is 9-1-1 and it's move to ABC. It's also why TNF didn't make it when Fox tried it a few years ago.

This problem didn't start with Vince issues and always has been there.
Nobody overlooks advertising, and ratings actually still do mean a lot. That's why you see the NFL brag about having 15-20mil people watch their games every week, and plenty of shows get cancelled if the ratings are low. Ratings are also the reason why it's taking so long for RAW to get a new deal, because the asking price and the ratings don't match.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Of course Raw program would do bad numbers. This has been an ongoing issue ever since the brand split 20+ years ago. They are not great enough to present two great programs in Raw and Smackdown. It's always been one show being better while the other sucked, whether its bytchoff and Triple H horrible Raw show or todays nonsense.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"It was really one of my main points the last time we spoke when I was speaking about Austin Theory. Nothing I said about Austin Theory I wouldn't say to his face. We still talk on a regular basis and I still try and bestow on him advice. I think he's working more toward connecting with the audience. But I could hear the silence of apathy when he would perform.

"And I know it is because I had it plenty. I single-handedly ruined the Ruthless Aggression era by completely failing, by being the Ruthless Aggression guy and completely failing. So I know what apathetic silence sounds like and that was my one fear."

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Let me ask y'all this, would Paramount network benefit if they were to get Raw, AEW, or TNA/IMPACT?

br82186

Superstar
Daps
Those key demos that posters and wrestling fandom keep talking about mean nothing in the grand scheme of things because sports and wrestling entertainment will always need high ratings to justify the cost of keeping them on air compared to regular non-television shows.

Again, it's the reason why TNF failed on regular television as it was too high to keep on air and the ratings and advertising dollars wasn't enough to save it. If it was, you'd see more sports on regular television during the week than you already do now.

That stigma around wrestling has always been there. That didn't start with Vince issues. Wrestling just isn't mainstream like that no matter how people try and spin it.

9-1-1 was the hottest show on Fox and that shyt still got cancelled because of cost.
N-gga that's Fox in a nutshell, they stay cancelling shyt they have no business cancelling.