Triple H named Head of Talent Relations and Creative in WWE. 2023 WON Booker of the Year.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
But that's stupid, the entire point of wrestling is to draw money. That'd be like dismissing stats or team record when voting for MVP and instead base it on who dunks the best
Not everything in the sports/entertainment industry revolves around money all the time, especially if you're not the one that owns the companies or has stock in them...

By your logic...
  • Royal Rumble 2022 is the second best Royal Rumble ever because it was the second highest grossing RR ever
  • Avatar is the greatest movie of all-time because it was the top grossing movie
  • Top Gun: Maverick is the best movie of 2022 because it was the top grossing.
  • The Lakers were the second best team in the NBA in 2021-22 because they were second in revenue
  • The Dallas Cowboys were the best team in the NFL in 2021 because they had the most revenue

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk of a John Morrison return. He's one of the better talent out there
The thing about Morrison is he is at peak form when he is a scumbag heel and that usually leads him to championships where ever he goes. Problem is that for some strange reason whenever he's in WWE they make him either a bayface which he's terrible at or an overthetop comedic heel which he can never be taken serious as.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Dude said "hey random SD!s are doing over 14 now? :ohhh: " and all anyone said was "yes...when Cena shows up" :mjlol:

i'm not against anyone playing a character :manny:

Nah, I posted a very specific wrestletix tweet and said "WWE byke?"

"random smackdowns" never came outta my *keyboard

ya'll ran down on me with "NO CENA WAS THERE" reactions as some type of retort like it changes something

and now that somehow makes me a character.. you fumbled buddy. its okay.

Last edited:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Hey guys, it's a new year. Let's spread love and positivity 🥰🥰🥰🥰

Maaaan, this shyt ain't about nothin. I ain't got issues with these nikkas. I'm laughing at this whole exchange and I'm sure they are too lol

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Seeing the impact John Cena makes on ratings and attendance just reminds you nobody (not even Roman) is in his league, yet when I check the Wrestling Observer Wrestler of the Year award this is who won since Cena last won it in 2010

Tanahashi (3 years in a row lol)
Nakamura
AJ Styles (back to back)
Okada
Kenny Omega
Chris Jericho
Jon Moxley
Kenny Omega

Imagine ANY of those names having the increase Cena made on this Smackdown (over 4000 or so tickets sold once he got announced, ratings up by 400K+) Yet neckbeards think 5 star matches in the Tokyo Dome mean more.
WON don’t matter :russ:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Not everything in the sports/entertainment industry revolves around money all the time, especially if you're not the one that owns the companies or has stock in them...

By your logic...
  • Royal Rumble 2022 is the second best Royal Rumble ever because it was the second highest grossing RR ever
  • Avatar is the greatest movie of all-time because it was the top grossing movie
  • Top Gun: Maverick is the best movie of 2022 because it was the top grossing.
  • The Lakers were the second best team in the NBA in 2021-22 because they were second in revenue
  • The Dallas Cowboys were the best team in the NFL in 2021 because they had the most revenue

michael-jordan-yeah.gif

last I checked they weren't making those movies for charity purposes.

Sports have defined wins and losses, it's a legitimate competition not make believe play fighting. There's a difference between a team (the players/GM/coach) and a franchise (the brand). If you wanna say the Cowboys are the best franchise in the NFL, then yes I agree. Best team is another matter.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

last I checked they weren't making those movies for charity purposes.

Sports have defined wins and losses, it's a legitimate competition not make believe play fighting. There's a difference between a team (the players/GM/coach) and a franchise (the brand). If you wanna say the Cowboys are the best franchise in the NFL, then yes I agree. Best team is another matter.
Pitifully embarrassing to agree with the statement that the 2022 Royal Rumble is the second-best ever. Shane McMahon got fired by his dad for how bad it was :mjlol:

Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Pitifully embarrassing to agree with the statement that the 2022 Royal Rumble is the second-best ever. Shane McMahon got fired by his dad for how bad it was :mjlol:

Quantity doesn't equal quality.

Except it literally does in pro wrestling, wrestlers have always been judged by the amount of money they drew going back to the earliest territory days. Stockholders don't get paid on star ratings.

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Except it literally does in pro wrestling, wrestlers have always been judged by the amount of money they drew going back to the earliest territory days. Stockholders don't get paid on star ratings.
Sure, but that doesn't make the 2022 Royal Rumble match a good match. No one in their right mind says it was a good match. The ticket sales happen before the match even occurs, it's not like if you sell a lot of tickets then the match is all of a sudden good.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
2022 royal rumble was fukkin terrible

It probably performed well because WWE as a brand is pretty fukkin strong, But that Rumble was ass

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Sure, but that doesn't make the 2022 Royal Rumble match a good match. No one in their right mind says it was a good match.

Who said anything about a good match? I'm not talking about any one match, I'm talking about the Royal Rumble PPV that drew 44K people to a football stadium

Just like the upcoming 2023 Rumble is already a massive success no matter what happens on the show (unless something tragic happens, of course)