Triple 6 Mafia vs Mobb Deep..... which group went harder?

The better group is...

• Triple Six Mafia

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • Mobb Deep

Votes: 31 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Deep down, a lot of y'all just simply won't get over the fact that being from New York doesn't mean shyt to the rest of us.

757e497a_crunchy_black_36mafia.gif

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Project Pat>>>>>Prodigy.

all them tough guy raps are negated cause he continuously got chumped in real life.....and his bizarro world rap opinions.

P was special in his prime but his prime didn't last long.. Negro fell off a cliff never to return..

Had a spark in 07

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
P was special in his prime but his prime didn't last long.. Negro fell off a cliff never to return..

Had a spark in 07
and how long was Project Pat or 36's prime. I'm a huge fan of the 36...but those 5 prodigy years > any body in three six.

Juicy J is the only one still making music and you can argue that Prodigy is too. Three Six doesnt have one album as good as Murda muzik let alone The Infamous or Hell on earth. But meh...everybody is entitled to their opinion. West side dudes gonna hate just to hate

Superstar
Daps
and how long was Project Pat or 36's prime. I'm a huge fan of the 36...but those 5 prodigy years > any body in three six.

Juicy J is the only one still making music and you can argue that Prodigy is too. Three Six doesnt have one album as good as Murda muzik let alone The Infamous or Hell on earth. But meh...everybody is entitled to their opinion. West side dudes gonna hate just to hate

Prodigy was better than Pat lyrically from 97-99 (The years Pat was active as a solo artist.. Pat dropped his debut right before/as P fell/falling off that cliff)

Please don't try and put any kind of emphasis on who is still around like there is a legitimate comparison. Juicy is still popping. P is out here looking like he's approaching the end of days. Don't get me started on all the music he's dropped in the last 5-6 years either......:snoop:

I know this a tough realization for some... But it is what it is...

Juicy is still that nikka in 2015.

I don't even know what to consider P in 2015.

Respect your opinion though breh!!

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Prodigy was better than Pat lyrically from 97-99 (The years Pat was active as a solo artist.. Pat dropped his debut right before/as P fell/falling off that cliff)

Please don't try and put any kind of emphasis on who is still around like there is a legitimate comparison. Juicy is still popping. P is out here looking like he's approaching the end of days. Don't get me started on all the music he's dropped in the last 5-6 years either......:snoop:

like i said...Juicy is the only one.

But Prodigy's return of the mac...even Albert Einstein were both great, critically acclaimed albums so I'm not sure what youre getting at

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC

Mobb Deep and Prodigy have zero mainstream presence currently. But P's album with Alchemist in 2013, Albert Einstein, was fantastic. One of that year's best. Mobb Deep's last album, The Infamous Mobb Deep, was a great album as well. Juicy J was actually on it. Of course, neither album had any mainstream presence.

Although they are still making great music, they are more of a legacy act at this point. They have been touring extensively all over the world.

I should mention that Havoc's last two albums were also solid.

Superstar
Daps
like i said...Juicy is the only one.

But Prodigy's return of the mac...even Albert Einstein were both great, critically acclaimed albums so I'm not sure what youre getting at

You know exactly what I'm getting at breed. Podigy isn't poppin. While both of those projects were solid they don't hold a candle to P in his Prime. Remember how you started your original argument.

Ok.. you singled P out of the duo...

Juicy hasn't changed since day one. Same shyt and his music is more universal in 2015 than Mobb Deep's Prodigy who went from Top ... to not mentioned at all.

Mobb Deep and Prodigy have zero mainstream presence currently. But P's album with Alchemist in 2013, Albert Einstein, was fantastic. One of that year's best. Mobb Deep's last album, The Infamous Mobb Deep, was a great album as well. Juicy J was actually on it. Of course, neither album had any mainstream presence.

Although they are still making great music, they are more of a legacy act at this point. They have been touring extensively all over the world.

I should mention that Havoc's last two albums were also solid.

I agree with this in it's entirety ^

Superstar
Daps
We also should add that Mobb Deep's dark boom bap sound died out in the early 2000s. Their content was/is still very consistent and has been throughout their careers now. Prodigy got a little more aggressive with the conscious shyt in the late 00s but for the most part it's consistent.

Three 6 Mafia also remained consistent from day 1. Same themes conceptually and same sound sonically. The weird part is how late the mainstream caught onto it and how it's managed to sustain itself overtime. It's not like Juicy reinvented himself and came back as Juicy electronica or Project Pat transitioned into Project Pastor.

Same style of production

Same topics

Legacy and legend has grown since they debuted on the national scene. Had syndication (black radio) hit before 1996 they would've started to dominate early. I sit back and listen to cats like Travis Scott and laugh....

Watch As$ap Yams talk about the internet being the Segway that lead him to discovering Screw Tapes and Three 6 Mafia

Breh... you can't discover what's already been discovered and done.

RIP Yams, I know he didn't mean anything by the comment but it comes off as Hip Hop elitist. Like you can't discover that... That's been here and it's been popping

Instead of Rocky sounding more like Prodigy or Havoc he sound like Three 6.. The whole A$ap movement sound's like it was birthed in Memphis or Houston....

If I was one of those NY legend/pioneers from the 90s I would be asking myself why :jbhmm:

Superstar
Daps

Now, this is a clear attempt at a group who's sound begin to be left in the past by the mid 00s and tried to jump on the wave. This wasn't well received by many in the hip hop community because they felt like the Mobb was reaching to maintain relevancy....

Personally the song has always been w/e to me.. But as it pertains to the topic, Lil Jon's whole style and aura comes from Three 6 Mafia.

This record here is what you would've considered a banger in 2004.. Maybe not so much now. Three 6 Mafia's sound has managed to grow.. morph.... evolve.... sustain itself and transcend time...

Maybe one day Boom Bap/Dark Boom Bap will return to the forefront...

Maybe it won't..

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
You know exactly what I'm getting at breed. Podigy isn't poppin. While both of those projects were solid they don't hold a candle to P in his Prime. Remember how you started your original argument.

Ok.. you singled P out of the duo...

Juicy hasn't changed since day one. Same shyt and his music is more universal in 2015 than Mobb Deep's Prodigy who went from Top ... to not mentioned at all.

I agree with this in it's entirety ^
Juicy hasnt changed from Mystic Styles...and the End...even World Domination...........

to now?

:martin:

Superstar
Daps
Juicy hasnt changed from Mystic Styles...and the End...even World Domination...........

to now?

:martin:

:snoop:

Breh lets keep it a stack.. If you can post 3 juicy records like that one I'll say he's changed..

When you change there is consistency as in your whole style changes... A song here or there doing something different isn't a change.

Pull juciy's last three solo albums and let's talk "change"