TRIANGLE STRATEGY (PC, Switch) (March 4, 2022) (PC on October 13, 2022)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Played this most of yesterday.

I can see why reviewers split hard on the story elements. Its not 1 mission, 1 event like a lot of games. There can be a LOT of dialogue and cutscenes sequenced up. If you don't fukk with the story or characters, I can see it being a turn off. Especially with the way its presented. There's no heroines to save, dragons to fight, evil maniacal tyrants, etc to open the game. But if you're looking at it through the lens of a Tactics Ogre or are okay with how Trails game's are paced, it won't bother you at all.

I'm actually loving this shyt :pachaha: unless the story falls off a cliff or something I'm really into it

Oh and the battle system seems easy til movement and terrain fukkery comes into play. OST is smooth as fukk too.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
im gettin fukked up :pachaha:

it ain't even just me - they gave me an overpowered NPC in one mission to cover my rear, motherfukking enemy AI shield bashed dude off a bridge and instantly killed him :damn: I didn't even know that mechanic existed

up to chapter 7 btw. im liking how the roster is character based not class based, you can have very similar units share roles but have their own niche as well. the upgrade system is interesting in that its not restrictive but just fukking expensive so you really end up committing to certain strengths.

not sure how I feel about QP yet. hard to tell if its overpowered or just a straight up necessary mechanic the way these battles/objectives are progressing

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

it ain't even just me - they gave me an overpowered NPC in one mission to cover my rear, motherfukking enemy AI shield bashed dude off a bridge and instantly killed him :damn: I didn't even know that mechanic existed

up to chapter 7 btw. im liking how the roster is character based not class based, you can have very similar units share roles but have their own niche as well. the upgrade system is interesting in that its not restrictive but just fukking expensive so you really end up committing to certain strengths.

not sure how I feel about QP yet. hard to tell if its overpowered or just a straight up necessary mechanic the way these battles/objectives are progressing

I'm just on chapter 4 but man I'm loving it, game isn't getting the props it deserves at all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Apparently I didn't want to play this game as bad as I thought cause it's been 3 days and it's still unopened.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland

I lost that fight a solid 5 times. I won't spoil anything but I will give some advice

don't open that gate until your ready :damn:

support the guest character so he doesn't get surrounded and die and then have 4 enemies to your back and front