TRIANGLE STRATEGY (PC, Switch) (March 4, 2022) (PC on October 13, 2022)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
On chapter 17 and realized most of my team still dont even have accessories lol

Just feels like a waste of money to buy accessories when you gotta invest so much into weapon/skill upgrades

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
shyt, im damn near the end and i realize theres mad people i didn’t recruit looking at the list of playable characters

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On chapter 17 and realized most of my team still dont even have accessories lol

Just feels like a waste of money to buy accessories when you gotta invest so much into weapon/skill upgrades

Yeah on your first playthrough money is short. The mock battles in New Game + give a bunch of money though especially if you get all the spoils.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Dammit man. Snitched on snorsley back in chapter 9 (just reached ch 15) and apparently that will make me miss on out on the good ending. Well I’ll just take a break. Kind of a buzzkill

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel like I could potentially play this game for another 1 to 2 months if I play on hard mode my next play through.

I don't really like to know when the game ends so I don't know what chapters the last chapter and I didn't know about New game Plus until just recently.

But just playing another brand new playthrough would probably take me another 40 to 50 hours on hard mode

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I feel like I could potentially play this game for another 1 to 2 months if I play on hard mode my next play through.

I don't really like to know when the game ends so I don't know what chapters the last chapter and I didn't know about New game Plus until just recently.

But just playing another brand new playthrough would probably take me another 40 to 50 hours on hard mode
Nah not that long.

New game+ levels, items, and conviction all carry over.

You can skip the same cutscenes and story beats until you start branching off.

If you spent 50 hours on your first playthrough, you can get down to about 30 on a second

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah not that long.

New game+ levels, items, and conviction all carry over.

You can skip the same cutscenes and story beats until you start branching off.

If you spent 50 hours on your first playthrough, you can get down to about 30 on a second
Ahh ok in that case it'll be a breeze lol

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m about to dive into this I put Elden Ring on hold, I fukk wit a few of you heavy when it comes to games and if the praises are true I won’t regret playing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Beat this last night, final boss is pretty easy but thats common in these type of games. It seems like the last few stages/bosses and even mock battles were more difficult.

I wish there was a way to get medals and crafting material outside of storyline battle or getting lucky with drops. I dont like how a lot of characters are tied to bad pathways either.

But i think my biggest issue is just the overall pacing. I think they should have done away with the mock battles and incorporated those maps into the story. Some of them are really good and could have had some nice set pieces and side stories incorporated into them.

Side stories in general should have had battles. They need to find a better way to distribute all the story and exposition other than cutscenes.

Overall i give the game an 8/10. I would love a sequel though with a bit bigger of a budget. Also I kind of miss some of the magic and monsters in TO/FFT. Raise the stakes a bit

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My goty sofar, I wouldn't give it a 10. But a 9/10 for sure, I think the pace and optional battles could be tightened up in dlc or a sequel.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
maybe i missed something but its weird how they expose Hyzante for creating a fake deity to worship. It was all false prophet shyt. So why did they decide to take a u-turn and make the main pope-saintly 7 guy into a divine being at the outside of needing to have a big boss fight? If they were gonna have super natural or mythical elements they should have done it more throughout the game. They play almost the entire game as a straight war drama which is fine but then they throw the curveball in there just because.