Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
NEGGED

Give a fukk about her sexual attractiveness or how some cac feels about ANYTHING, especially their opinion on a great BLACK woman like Harriet :martin:

White people will own more of her and have access to more of her than black people in this country though.

And the bytch still ugly. I don't care what she allegedly did. And she's allegedly great. She also wasn't the ONLY one to help free slaves. Symbols for the symbol minded :pacspit:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NEGGED

Give a fukk about her sexual attractiveness or how some cac feels about ANYTHING, especially their opinion on a great BLACK woman like Harriet :martin:

White people will own more of her and have access to more of her than black people in this country though.

And the bytch still ugly. I don't care what she allegedly did. And she's allegedly great. She also wasn't the ONLY one to help free slaves. Symbols for the symbol minded :pacspit:

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
:francis:

Another symbolic victory, which is moreso a slap in the face. Harriet Tubman, according to what I researched so far, will be on the front of the bill. This will not happen until around 2030 in terms of the bill being in circulation.

BUT Andrew Jackson will still be on the back of the bill. Think about that....you have Harriet Tubman, a runaway slave who freed slaves, on the front of the bill while Andrew Jackson, a large slave owner, is on the front. I can imagine the higher ups at the Treasury having the :skip: face on while making this decision.

N#ggas getting trolled :dame:

Peace
And who knows where America will be in 2030?

Seriously...the shyt is a fukking joke...

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Stop with hyperbole. I watched a video of a group of black dudes joy riding through L.A. End scene the car stops everyone is high fiving they get arrested.

Baltimore, from the news,I didn't see any group of rioters get slaughtered.

People were protesting in ferguson. They didn't have armored vehicles out there with mini guns slaying people left and right.

:mjlol:

Murdering in droves
negged

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ben Carson ladies and gentlemen

.@RealBenCarson: "I love Harriet Tubman. I love what she did. But we can find another way to honor her." @TeamCavuto FOX Business on Twitter

I almost did a thread on it, but I'm glad I used the search engine to see if anyone addressed Carson's thoughts on this.

"I love Harriet Tubman," the former GOP White House hopeful told Fox Business Network's Neil Cavuto. "I love what she did, but we can find another way to honor her. Maybe a $2 bill."

"Andrew Jackson ... was a tremendous president," Carson told Cavuto. "I mean, Andrew Jackson was the last president who actually balanced the federal budget, where we had no national debt."

Personally, I don't care one way or the other what they do with the $20 bill, but wow at Ben Carson. I mean even the Trail of Tears aside............

Slavery | Andrew Jackson's Hermitage Plantation

In all reality, slavery was the source of Andrew Jackson’s wealth.

The Hermitage was a 1,000 acre, self-sustaining plantation that relied completely on the labor of enslaved African American men, women, and children. They performed the hard labor that produced The Hermitage’s cash crop, cotton. The more land Andrew Jackson accrued, the more slaves he procured to work it. Thus, the Jackson family’s survival was made possible by the profit garnered from the crops worked by the enslaved on a daily basis.

When Andrew Jackson bought The Hermitage in 1804, he owned nine enslaved African Americans. Just 25 years later that number had swelled to over 100 through purchase and reproduction. At the time of his death in 1845, Jackson owned approximately 150 people who lived and worked on the property.

Though thousands of original documents written by or to Andrew Jackson have survived to the present, the majority of people who lived at The Hermitage did not write a single word.

Often not considered important enough to mention in the writings of others, their names are rarely encountered beyond bills of sale, runaway notices and passing observations. The only evidence of existence they left behind were the footprints of vanished buildings, discarded or lost objects and, most notably, their impact on the land.

For almost 200 years, their histories remained untold other than through the memories of others. Archaeologists began uncovering the mysteries of their lives at The Hermitage in the 1970s. Since then, nearly 800,000 associated artifacts have been discovered, analyzed, catalogued and curated. These objects speak volumes about the enslaved individuals who also called this place home.

Archaeology may reveal a glimpse into the lives of Andrew Jackson’s slaves but it fails to evoke the emotion and personal connection that can be found in a story recounted in writing. Letters, diaries and newspapers seldom existed for the millions of African Americans enslaved in the United States.

Andrew Jackson encouraged the slaves at The Hermitage to form family units, which was common for slave owners to do. Although the enslaved could not be legally married, the coupling of African American men and women in plantation “marriages” allowed for the creation of enslaved families. This was thought to discourage slaves from attempting escape as it would be much more difficult for an entire family to safely flee to captivity.

For almost 30 years, The Hermitage has attempted to recover rare personal biographies of the African American men, women and children who also called this place home. Unfortunately only a few of their stories are known.

Aaron was only six years old when Andrew Jackson purchased him in 1791. Hannah was less than twelve years old when she was acquired by Jackson. As was common practice, Aaron and Hannah were most likely named by their original owner and not provided with surnames. They took the surname “Jackson” following emancipation.

Hannah initially served as Rachel Jackson’s “personal companion”; later she became head of the “house servants.” Aaron trained as a blacksmith, which was an important position on the plantation. The two married around 1820 and raised ten children, all of whom lived to adulthood. Their names were Byron, Rachel, Charlotte, Moses, Mary, Martha, Abraham, Ned, Margaret Ellen and George Washington.

Hannah was present at the death of both Rachel and Andrew Jackson. When Andrew Jackson Jr. and his wife Sarah briefly moved to Mississippi in between 1858 and 1860, they entrusted care of The Hermitage to Hannah and Aaron.

Despite the seemingly close relationship between Hannah and Aaron and the Jackson Family, Hannah and her daughter Martha fled The Hermitage to Nashville to gain their freedom during the Civil War before the enslaved community had actually been freed. In Nashville, Hannah worked as a midwife and Aaron as a huckster. Aaron died in 1878 and Hannah followed in 1894.

Carson is a piece of sh!t.

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People have been using forms of currency since the dawn of man, it has no relationship to American slavery. Having a black face on just encourages people regonize her historical acheuvement.

You sound like a cac to be honest. They're the ones who hate seeing shyt like this.
I sound like a CAC, hahaha

Cacs will be buying confederate flags with Tubman's face on it... #Black excellence

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Rosa Parks was a fraud

The og frontrunner behind the montgomery bus boycott was a black lady that was pregnant out of wedlock so they recreated it with Parks cause the former would give a black eye to the movement.

:jbhmm: shyt is weird how they never gave the og her props

I have to thank @CinnaSlim for putting me onto that on this forum....
Claudette Colvin

MTE5NDg0MDU0NDk2ODM5MTgz.jpg

Claudette-Colvin1.jpg

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Y'all don't get it. You nikkas really don't get it.

Of ALL the historic black people they decided to put on the currency.

A. They chose one of the ugliest.
B. They chose a damn slave.
C. She fukking ugly.

People from other countries gonna look that that bill not knowing who the hell she is and will say this is what they think of us.:mjpls:

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
I get it, but the USA kinda introduced this "issue" when Franklin was on the $100...cause at some point you open up the money to people who weren't IN government.

Its gonna be interesting in the next 100 years who does or does not get on the bill :patrice:

I knew Tubman was huge, but history has never elevated her to this level. I mean, not even MLK is on the dollar. I mean what are we saying?

that being said, i'm all for it...it just feels weird in the sense of "America"
I think you need to do a little more research fam. MLK is isn't even in the same category as Tubman