Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
So they are going to put someone who fought against slavery on one side of the bill, but then put a racist that owned mad slaves on the other side?

lol_idi_amin.gif

This isn't even a symbolic victory, shyt's a mind game.
they ain't even slick about it:francis:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She could've freed many more, if they knew they were slaves:wow:
That's my Heroine:wow:

...but, WE have to await 14 years:old: to actually touch her currency:what:

This is a BLACKEXCELLENCE moment for our deprived history, tho:mjcry:

Last edited:

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Their murdering unarmed black people in droves and allowing the killers time to make it home from court for Chen's Fried Egg Rolls and Mushu Pork lunch deals...

And we celebrating over a picture on some damn currency:martin:

Stop with hyperbole. I watched a video of a group of black dudes joy riding through L.A. End scene the car stops everyone is high fiving they get arrested.

Baltimore, from the news,I didn't see any group of rioters get slaughtered.

People were protesting in ferguson. They didn't have armored vehicles out there with mini guns slaying people left and right.

:mjlol:

Murdering in droves

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
So, they just glanced over any prominent black males to put a black female on US currency.
I think we all know where this is headed.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
This is a victory people... It may seem small but it is!

Symbolism people.
LMFAO! For the simple minded this is victory. But WTF have "we"/you/anybody won with this happening? Nadadamnthang!

Dave Chappelle talked about Capitalism and Pimp Ho relationships, which is essentially the relationship the USA has with African Americans. And the pimp asked how he could get his bytch under control, and another pimp said: you beat that bytch with a coat hanger then you get her some pills and run her some bath. And the bish was so happy that he fixed her, she wasn't mad he broke her in the first place.

This gesture is just the pills and bath for you simple minded hoe ass n!ggas IMO.

pon

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
oh i dont click on outside links

tldr-o.gif
You wouldn't click on a link that breaks down the original definition of "American"?

But you want to proclaim black excellence for Tubman being on the 20$ bill? Same money made in value of the cotton that my ancestors were enslaved to pick?

Fuk you Cac

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It makes sense symbolically considering her history with 20$.

She once staged a sit in to raise $20 to pay for her fathers freedom.

Also Jackson was anti federal currency. He hated banks, he'd prolly be insulted to be on the bill anyway.

Daps
You wouldn't click on a link that breaks down the original definition of "American"?

But you want to proclaim black excellence for Tubman being on the 20$ bill? Same money made in value of the cotton that my ancestors were enslaved to pick?

Fuk you Cac

i dont click outside links breh--

giphy.gif

does that make u mad or nah?

tumblr_ngseu7kUTI1tf767po1_500.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Fuk you Cac
People have been using forms of currency since the dawn of man, it has no relationship to American slavery. Having a black face on just encourages people regonize her historical acheuvement.

You sound like a cac to be honest. They're the ones who hate seeing shyt like this.

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:francis:

Another symbolic victory, which is moreso a slap in the face. Harriet Tubman, according to what I researched so far, will be on the front of the bill. This will not happen until around 2030 in terms of the bill being in circulation.

BUT Andrew Jackson will still be on the back of the bill. Think about that....you have Harriet Tubman, a runaway slave who freed slaves, on the front of the bill while Andrew Jackson, a large slave owner, is on the front. I can imagine the higher ups at the Treasury having the :skip: face on while making this decision.

N#ggas getting trolled :dame:

Peace

:dead: