Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Says he doesn't want a former slave on the bill, yet suggests Frederick Douglass :snoop:.

God damned nikkas man
Yup this is some fake outrage bullshyt. People trying to find a way to be outraged. Tubman was born a slave and was free long before she died. The idea that anyone would look at her on a bill and think "but she was a slave tho" is laughable.

I've heard people argue that having the face of your conquerer or dictator etc on your currency is a form of oppression. Now Harriet Tubman will be on the bill and some of y'all are upset? Nah. You do see white racists having a mental breakdown over this shyt don't you? You see Trump saying he's against it right? That alone makes me cosign it.

I don't need any long ass explanations or people telling me how this is only symbolic. All I know is that my 7 year old cousin has had a black president all her life and will soon see a black person on currency. That doesn't solve problems but it sure as hell is important to how she grows up in terms of perception, confidence, and representation. I'll take it.

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
Yup this is some fake outrage bullshyt. People trying to find a way to be outraged. Tubman was born a slave and was free long before she died. The idea that anyone would look at her on a bill and think "but she was a slave tho" is laughable.

I've heard people argue that having the face of your conquerer or dictator etc on your currency is a form of oppression. Now Harriet Tubman will be on the bill and some of y'all are upset? Nah. You do see white racists having a mental breakdown over this shyt don't you? You see Trump saying he's against it right? That alone makes me cosign it.

I don't need any long ass explanations or people telling me how this is only symbolic. All I know is that my 7 year old cousin has had a black president all her life and will soon see a black person on currency. That doesn't solve problems but it sure as hell is important to how she grows up in terms of perception, confidence, and representation. I'll take it.
THIS.

Gravity

Banned
Daps

It's a con game tho. Without the proper guidance your little cousin will grow up with a false perception of how things really are and how exactly the game is played. Like you said, Obama being president and Tubman's face being on money doesn't solve any problems. Those empty symbolic gestures sure can create and perpetuate problems tho. A lot of black people take those hollow gestures as signs of progress which keeps them believing and participating in a system that is designed to oppress them. So if you really care about your cousins you'd make sure that she understands that having a black president and Hatriet Tubman's face in money isn't a sign of racial progress and is ultimately a distraction from white supremacy.

Lord_Chief_Rocka

Superstar
Daps
It means absolutely nothing.

Black people will still be unemployed in massive numbers
Will still control less than 2% of this populations wealth
Will still account for less than 5% of business owners
Still will get arrested and charged with crimes they either didnt commit or for stuff that whites would get a slap on the wrist for.
Will still be in poverty.
Will still be getting killed by cops
Will still be racially profiled, harassed, abused....

I wish I could be as easily satisfied as some of you...
Im too good for that shyt.
:scust:
:salute:

mortuus est

Veteran
Daps
It means absolutely nothing.

Black people will still be unemployed in massive numbers
Will still control less than 2% of this populations wealth
Will still account for less than 5% of business owners
Still will get arrested and charged with crimes they either didnt commit or for stuff that whites would get a slap on the wrist for.
Will still be in poverty.
Will still be getting killed by cops
Will still be racially profiled, harassed, abused....

I wish I could be as easily satisfied as some of you...
Im too good for that shyt.
:scust:
FUK THEM CAC'S MAYNE!!!!!

Daps
hollow gesture by liberal conkies to pander to new blacks:russell:wake me up when they honor acknowledge historical AA figures such as the Black Seminoles or Nat Turner whom were just as important if not more as Harriet or better yet how about rewarding the people Ms Tubbman was liberating with our 40 acres and a mule:aicmon:i'm sure that would be the way she would really want her legacy honored

Is it true Andrew Cackson image still be on share the $20 bill backside

so even in death Harriet is attached to her oppressor:camby: