Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

1 other person

Superstar
Daps
slavecarryingcottonNote.jpg

cover_image.jpg

tubmanon20bill_better.jpg

:patrice:

KeysT

Playa from the Himalayas #ByrdGang
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Some of you do this weird thing where you conflate issues re: reparations, colonialism, Harriet Tubman's face on currency. Representation isn't "pointless" and its valid for AAs to feel joy about it. Last I checked, you can be for reparations and for this while against US hegemony. Some of you need to stop thinking your view (or whomever you are regurgitating) is only correct and instead work on your critical thinking skills.
This

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Rosa Parks was a fraud

The og frontrunner behind the montgomery bus boycott was a black lady that was pregnant out of wedlock so they recreated it with Parks cause the former would give a black eye to the movement.
:jbhmm: shyt is weird how they never gave the og her props

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
No disrespect to our ancestor Harriet Tubman...but I have mixed feelings about this. I really can't explain why I do, it just feels ingenious. Your putting a Harriet Tubman on one side and you have Andrew Jackson who owned slaves on the other side. That don't really sit right with me. Also, you have an image of a black woman with a headwrap on, in slave clothes...again no disrespect to our ancestor, but they picked that image for a reason. Not to nitpick, but why not put an classy, elegant black woman like a Ida B Wells on it?

And lastly, every once in awhile, they'll throw us a bone to chew on that'll distract and pacify us. They know Black people love symbolism and seeing Harriet Tubman on a $20 bill will have some of us think were making progress....Because they finally let a black woman on a piece of paper after all these muthafukking years. Then once you know were throwing a celebration.

At this point, I could give a fukk. We still have major issues infront of us and ahead thats worth focusing on...like trying to get some reparations.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
I don't know brehs.. I'm sittin' here thinkin' about this sh*t. Loved what Harriet Tubman did but I'm just not sure about the image/ looks tho:patrice:. They always want to keep that slave image of us front and center. Out of all the African Americans from MLK, Malcolm, Angela Davis, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, etc.. who said lets roll with Harriet Tubman?? I'm just being honest. Lets bring it out. I know some of ya'll is thinking this as well. The old face, the durag/bandana... I don't know if I'm feelin' this to be honest. Neg me or whatever but its suspect
You guys are something else

Literally on this board most pf yall wanted tibman over parks

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
They can put Malcolm X on the 100, and Master P on the 10 dollar bill, what does it matter if Blacks in America have the least access to this currency on top of us still being lynched in the streets and our murders getting away. Folks gotta stop accepting these idiotic gestures because it gives White Supremacist to do that "Well we gave you guys this and you still arent happy" ie. When they talk about Obama being president so now Blacks should shut up and be happy. They say that because we danced around like this actually meant the struggle was over.

Tariq said that every 25 yrs the white supremacist give black folks some "trinkets" or fukkery to calm us down so we don't turn up on the system. This is old as it gets since the country came to be.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
If I did know, I wouldn't tell.

However, it's painfully obvious (if you pay attention to the news) that there has been a lot of negative stuff from gov. officials about holding hard cash and people accessing hard card period.

:ehh: Negged and reported.
LMAO!