Treasury to announce that Harriet Tubman will replace Andrew Jackson on $20 bill

Donald J Trump

H.N.I.C
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
USA
Say that shyt until somebody get yo info & pin:youngsabo:then its :damn:status
Breh that shyt is stupid rare, especially with the chip in the card...

you sound like them old people that come in my bank..coming in every damn day to cash a 5 dollar check, or get a 20 dollar withdrawal, knowing damn well they could deposited that shyt on their phone or got it at the atm

most people that always be at the bank, either have no business being there, or got lil chump change.

sn: never leave ya kid alone in a bank, the amount of sex offenders that come through on a daily basis:scust:

Rigamortus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mile High City
A group that was making a movement to put a woman on the $20 last year had Eleanor Roosevelt, Rosa Parks, and Wilma Mankiller as the other three finalists. I don't know how much pull the group had, but they got 600,000 votes in their poll and Harriet Tubman came out on top, and here she is on the bill now, so it seems like someone at least may have been paying attention to them.

Really, if you're going to pick a woman from US history, who else you going to choose? She's as accomplished as anyone, and a lot of the 20th-century feminists are too fresh and controversial for half the country.

Good looking out breh. I remember reading article that they were going to change the bills. Just didn't know when or who. Im reading that MLK gonna be on the back of the $5 bill along with a few other people :wow:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I don't know brehs.. I'm sittin' here thinkin' about this sh*t. Loved what Harriet Tubman did but I'm just not sure about the image/ looks tho:patrice:. They always want to keep that slave image of us front and center. Out of all the African Americans from MLK, Malcolm, Angela Davis, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, etc.. who said lets roll with Harriet Tubman?? I'm just being honest. Lets bring it out. I know some of ya'll is thinking this as well. The old face, the durag/bandana... I don't know if I'm feelin' this to be honest. Neg me or whatever but its suspect

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Breh that shyt is stupid rare, especially with the chip in the card...

you sound like them old people that come in my bank..coming in every damn day to cash a 5 dollar check, or get a 20 dollar withdrawal, knowing damn well they could deposited that shyt on their phone or got it at the atm

most people that always be at the bank, either have no business being there, or got lil chump change.

sn: never leave ya kid alone in a bank, the amount of sex offenders that come through on a daily basis:scust:

Scammin off cards is rare?:jbhmm:news to me....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Good looking out breh. I remember reading article that they were going to change the bills. Just didn't know when or who. Im reading that MLK gonna be on the back of the $5 bill along with a few other people :wow:

Yeah, Marian Anderson and Eleanor Roosevelt are going to be on the back of the $5 too.

I don't know brehs.. I'm sittin' here thinkin' about this sh*t. Loved what Harriet Tubman did but I'm just not sure about the image/ looks tho:patrice:. They always want to keep that slave image of us front and center. Out of all the African Americans from MLK, Malcolm, Angela Davis, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, etc.. who said lets roll with Harriet Tubman?? I'm just being honest. Lets bring it out. I know some of ya'll is thinking this as well. The old face, the durag/bandana... I don't know if I'm feelin' this to be honest. Neg me or whatever but its suspect

The big thing was that they wanted it to be a woman because there ain't women on any of the bills. Like I said earlier, if you're going to pick a Black woman, it's pretty much between Harriett Tubman, Sojourner Truth, and Rosa Parks....no one else is famous enough in the general public for them to be okay replacing a president.

Rosa Parks was certainly up for consideration, but I'm actually happier with Tubman because the fullness of her accomplishments are well-known. Too many people think that all Rosa Parks ever did was sit on a bus, and that she did it as some spur of the moment thing. Last year a group advocating for a woman on the $20 did a poll and Harriett Tubman won out over the other candidates.

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
of all the blacks,in the world a slave? Lmao. No worst then them calling us kings and queens as slave names. Why not literally anybody else

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Harriet Tubman was an amazing woman. I still remember when my second grade teacher introduced me to her life and struggle. Harriet Tubman is an inspiration to all. I'm glad her memory continues to thrive.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
of all the blacks,in the world a slave? Lmao. No worst then them calling us kings and queens as slave names. Why not literally anybody else
Honestly who else would they choose? Betty Shabazz? Afeni Shakur? Angela Davis? The only other black woman that would be "safe" would be Rosa Parks or Sojuner Truth. Maybe Maya Angelu.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Yeah, Marian Anderson and Eleanor Roosevelt are going to be on the back of the $5 too.

The big thing was that they wanted it to be a woman because there ain't women on any of the bills. Like I said earlier, if you're going to pick a Black woman, it's pretty much between Harriett Tubman, Sojourner Truth, and Rosa Parks....no one else is famous enough in the general public for them to be okay replacing a president.

Rosa Parks was certainly up for consideration, but I'm actually happier with Tubman because the fullness of her accomplishments are well-known. Too many people think that all Rosa Parks ever did was sit on a bus, and that she did it as some spur of the moment thing. Last year a group advocating for a woman on the $20 did a poll and Harriett Tubman won out over the other candidates.
Rosa Parks was a fraud

The og frontrunner behind the montgomery bus boycott was a black lady that was pregnant out of wedlock so they recreated it with Parks cause the former would give a black eye to the movement.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
This will NEVER sit well with me. Ever.