[Travel] The Brazil Thread

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
damn how fast can a breh learn serviceable Portuguese. I have a year and some change to learn before I go.

:patrice: Maybe I should go to Rio first and do Salvador later when I have a sense of the country.

:mjcry: I wish I had a partna who spoke that language.
lotta Baianos gonna speak Baianes, heavy on the slang and colloquialisms. it sounds ridiculous, but if you post on some forums and find someone from bahia and ask them to speak with you over skype to practice, im sure you could find someone to help you.

in rio you're gonna find some Carioques among younger people but it's not as heavily ingrained. Bahia might as well be another country, it's like the louisiana of brazil. none of that should scare you from going though. only one way to get familiar with all that - just go. brazil loves foreigners, they'll welcome you with open arms.

a year and some is enough time, but you really gotta practice every day. find a teacher and expose yourself to immersion as much as possible.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
I went to Rio about two months ago for about 3 and a half- 4 days.. It was me and my cousin. My patna from work who's pretty good with Portuguese and knew some broads out there ended up not going and it f*cked our plans up quite a bit but its was good. Man the females are bad as f*ck BUT to keep it real.. that language barrier is a motherf*cker! :mjcry: If you're going out there and you want to spit get on that Portuguese sh*t asap. It took us a couple of days to get some greetings down. I know a little Spanish and I was getting at a dime from Argentina at a club in Ipanema quicker than I was at the natives. Plus the dudes in Brazil might get at the broads on the dancefloor and whatnot but It didn't seem like they do the cold approach on the street like we do out here so really that sh*t wasn't flying out there. The women are kind of shy and conservative. Heads down- keep it moving types. Cats told me about the BrazilCupid website but the chicks on there look nothing like the sh*t that's walking around right in your face on the streets.. Plus I'm not really a online- dating type of dude. I'm in LA so there's no need for that type of sh*t for me. If you hear alot of big 'f*ckin' dimes in Brazil' stories- if they didn't have a homie or something hooked up out there prior to arriving- 8 out of 10 times its prostitutes.

Rio is dope as f*ck though. F*cking beautiful, amazing scenery. Warm water on the beaches(the beaches in LA are cold as f*ck). I say we needed another 2 days or so to get it cracking without taking the prostitute route. But the prostitute route is there for you though. Their food isn't all that great to me. We had salt but couldn't find pepper for sh*t. They don't really f*ck with milk out there either. So good luck with eating cereal in the morning. I definitely got some sh*t hooked up when I go out there again but the language barrier really threw me off during that first short stay
100% accurate. Fortunately for me, I had former college mates who moved back home so I had people. But when they would go to work and I would go on tours, other than meeting other westerners, it was halt mode, fish out of water. Soon as my boy would come pick me up (Rich kid from Natal), shyt would go 180 and crack again. He was pretty much my mouth piece and used me as a sort of mascot. He knew telling everyone I was from LA would get me girls, but more importantly him lol. He was showing me off getting more popular, but it was cool cause I was meeting loads of locals and getting dragged to nice places and all that. Even went to a private beach. I had fun in Rio.

dc007

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DC
you aint lyin bruh. Natal in Rio Grande do Norte was not bad either with there being some english speakers, and the portuguese they spoke was slow enough for you to understand but Salvador was terrible. Them nikkas speak so damn fast and use so much slang. But those Bahian goddesses :blessed: It's worth the struggle.

You ain't lying :wow:

Some of the most beautiful women I've seen

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
:dead:

I could never put my finger on it, but you're right :russ:
spicy food (by brazilian standards anyway :francis: )
funny accents
rich local culture deeply influenced by countries across the atlantic
music that's only popular in the region
bayou...bahia. not linguistically sound but topographically close enough :yeshrug:

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
100% accurate. Fortunately for me, I had former college mates who moved back home so I had people. But when they would go to work and I would go on tours, other than meeting other westerners, it was halt mode, fish out of water. Soon as my boy would come pick me up (Rich kid from Natal), shyt would go 180 and crack again. He was pretty much my mouth piece and used me as a sort of mascot. He knew telling everyone I was from LA would get me girls, but more importantly him lol. He was showing me off getting more popular, but it was cool cause I was meeting loads of locals and getting dragged to nice places and all that. Even went to a private beach. I had fun in Rio.

That's what happened to me in Salvador, ended up becoming friends with some Brazilian college kids out there that invited me up to their school a few hours outside of Salvador, near Petrolina. A decent amount of women there spoke English, shyt was the best thing ever B, being in the same age range as them but being on completely foreign soil made you feel like a fukking celebrity. There was one chick that I ended up with basically for my entire stay there, her walls were like a drug, looked like Tatianna Ali with big curly hair..........:francis:

You ain't lying :wow:

Some of the most beautiful women I've seen

They not hearing you though :francis:

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
Urs truly behind the Kamera, Lord! U been 2 my channel 'tho? This is just the introduktion. I got some priceless kontent/episodes komin'. Stay tuned, u won't regret! I'm workin' on gettin' a movement started 4 mii brehs worldwide. There are places in the world where the grass is very green 4 the Blakk Gawd. Nikkas still sleepin' in 2015!
are those prostitutes or regular chicks you pulled off the street?

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
That's what happened to me in Salvador, ended up becoming friends with some Brazilian college kids out there that invited me up to their school a few hours outside of Salvador, near Petrolina. A decent amount of women there spoke English, shyt was the best thing ever B, being in the same age range as them but being on completely foreign soil made you feel like a fukking celebrity. There was one chick that I ended up with basically for my entire stay
:wow:

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Pacific
Is Bahia the area with the large african population and history?

Sim senhor ... todo o nordeste é

yes.. the whole northeast of brazil is.. my girl is from recife and we go every other year and we heading down in june, cause her parents are moving up to the virgin islands