‘Trap’ (Starring Josh Hartnett, dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) | Official Trailer (8/9)

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Josh tried his best but M. Knight is a terrible writer, especially when he's only making a movie to promote his daughter.

:mjlol:
Made no sense. For him to do all the things he was able to do he would need to be genius level intelligent. Therefore, he would be too smart to be stalled over and over again like he was in that movie. Plus, that powder was supposed to knock him out and it never did. The police would also never let him maneuver around to the point where he picks up a bike, and they'd be watching him at the end when he breaks free.

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
7.5/10

This film is not meant to be taken seriously and goddamn it’s entertaining. This is M Night’s most accessible film since Unbreakable. The pacing really flowed especially as the concert picked up and the suspense was built very fluidly after they left the concert.

Josh Hartnett carried this shyt on his back like he was walking through a village with no cars or roads. This was a masterclass in acting. Shamadingdong’s daughter did a good job of just being a vessel to help the movie progress.

They played to her strengths showcasing her musical talents and having her kindness counter the aggressiveness from Josh.

This was very much a modern take on Halloween + Psycho and I felt he executed it well. It was silly, traces of b-movie goofiness, just fun & dumb. I can see people finding issues with how easy things were going, how unbelievable it was for Josh to magically find a way every single time but it was obviously done on purpose. 10-15 mins could’ve been shaved off.

I’ll probably watch this again, it’s a very calm date night movie/movie to make fun of with your friends. I can easily see them making a sequel/franchise off this.
I thought the whole point of the movie was to keep him trapped in the concert?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This was good movie 3/4 of the way. He just did not know how to wrap it up. And it became just decent at the end.

Josh Hartnett is not a household name in my book. But I will definitely recognize him in the future. He was great. His daughter, Riley. was your typical annoying teen. She was cool as well. Just got annoying with saying "Dad is acting weird" over and over again. Kid Cudi was definitely living out his inner self :dame: He was good. And M. Knight was straight. She reminds me of Indian version of Mya look wise. But the "THIS NGGA!!" awards go to the vender. He was acting like a stereotype you would find in a horror film. I found it funny but I can see how somebody would be mad.

I had no problem with the movie while it was in the concert. Sure, you had to suspend belief. But I expect it in this type of film. But once they get to the killer house, it was just too much. I just got tired of jumping through hoops. And for a ngga named the Butcher, they should have showed him killing some folks. Instead of this being this psycho who was traumatized by his mother. And then the end. Letting him bend over for the bike was ridiculous. Letting him hug his daughter. Stupid. She could have slipped him something to escape. Pulling out the tasers instead of blasting this ngga. How convenient. The poster child for white privilege. Did I enjoy it? Yes. But this could have been good if he knew how to wrap it up

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:russ: 6.5/10 this movie was basically one big promo. For M Knight’s daughter music career if she has one. Josh Hartnett did his thing tho. Bro’s face throughout the movie had me dying. But once again MK delivers a great premise that’s poorly executed. A good watch when it comes to streaming services.

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
M knight already tricking yall into seeing this.

Its-a-Trap-GIF.gif

But Brother PP? This looks like it’s legit gonna be a dope movie

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
:russ: 6.5/10 this movie was basically one big promo. For M Knight’s daughter music career if she has one. Josh Hartnett did his thing tho. Bro’s face throughout the movie had me dying. But once again MK delivers a great premise that’s poorly executed. A good watch when it comes to streaming services.
💯 accurate he can’t execute for shyt but I enjoyed it for Josh Hartnett he carried this
I wanna see a sequel with him out in the wild with the fukkery he would do :russ:

I actually enjoyed it more when he left the concert cuz of how unhinged he got and then act like he the beast from split with the volt shots

Didn’t know it was his daughter she look like a damn AI character up close or a bratz doll :dead: