‘Trap’ (Starring Josh Hartnett, dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) | Official Trailer (8/9)

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GS4faapasAI2gXs

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Started out promising but ended up being dreadful. And really, I think I was more in love with the idea of where this concept could go more than anything else. Movie fell apart for me as soon as they
left the concert.

Between this and Knock at the Cabin, I think I’m tapped out of M. Night’s stuff.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
7.5/10

This film is not meant to be taken seriously and goddamn it’s entertaining. This is M Night’s most accessible film since Unbreakable. The pacing really flowed especially as the concert picked up and the suspense was built very fluidly after they left the concert.

Josh Hartnett carried this shyt on his back like he was walking through a village with no cars or roads. This was a masterclass in acting. Shamadingdong’s daughter did a good job of just being a vessel to help the movie progress.

They played to her strengths showcasing her musical talents and having her kindness counter the aggressiveness from Josh.

This was very much a modern take on Halloween + Psycho and I felt he executed it well. It was silly, traces of b-movie goofiness, just fun & dumb. I can see people finding issues with how easy things were going, how unbelievable it was for Josh to magically find a way every single time but it was obviously done on purpose. 10-15 mins could’ve been shaved off.

I’ll probably watch this again, it’s a very calm date night movie/movie to make fun of with your friends. I can easily see them making a sequel/franchise off this.