‘Trap’ (Starring Josh Hartnett, dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) | Official Trailer (8/9)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Fun movie, audience loved it. Someone got up to leave right before shyt the fan and then kinda just lurked in the hall until someone in the audience yelled "sit down, bro" and he sat back down.

:mjlol:

I didn't expect the post-concert stuff at all; going in I just assumed it would begin and end at the concert. I actually liked that act more than much of the concert parts. The chick (who I think is M Night's daughter?) was surprisingly good in that role. And Hartnett was great.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Fun movie, audience loved it. Someone got up to leave right before shyt the fan and then kinda just lurked in the hall until someone in the audience yelled "sit down, bro" and he sat back down.

I didn't expect the post-concert stuff at all; going in I just assumed it would begin and end at the concert. I actually liked that act more than much of the concert parts. The chick (who I think is M Night's daughter?) was surprisingly good in that role. And Hartnett was great.
yeah its his daughter

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
As usual, great premise. Execution could have been better. This is probably one of his better movies though.

Was kinda vibing to a few of those tracks

:russ:

Nice touch on the OCD after they dropped hints of it earlier.

Movie was filmed at the Roger's Center at least the exterior. I haven't been there in years but the interior looked completely different.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Josh tried his best but M. Knight is a terrible writer, especially when he's only making a movie to promote his daughter.

Made no sense. For him to do all the things he was able to do he would need to be genius level intelligent. Therefore, he would be too smart to be stalled over and over again like he was in that movie. Plus, that powder was supposed to knock him out and it never did. The police would also never let him maneuver around to the point where he picks up a bike, and they'd be watching him at the end when he breaks free.
:russ:

I said the same thing near the end.

[/Spoiler] I think they meant to illustrate he had an adrenaline boost fueled by his anger resulting in the powder and tasers not working. The bike, hugging his daughter and no swat members sitting in the back are all for the plot.[/Spoiler/]

Last edited:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
💯 accurate he can’t execute for shyt but I enjoyed it for Josh Hartnett he carried this
I wanna see a sequel with him out in the wild with the fukkery he would do :russ:

I actually enjoyed it more when he left the concert cuz of how unhinged he got and then act like he the beast from split with the volt shots

Didn’t know it was his daughter she look like a damn AI character up close or a bratz doll :dead:

I enjoyed it for what it was but then after leaving the theater the plot holes started glaring.

when he got the cop radio they described the suspect as either a tall black male 30 yr old white guy or 60 yr old so he shouldve relaxed and enjoyed the concert after thay info. The police could only question people at the concert and he is a white fire fighter so he was good. Then the profiler got a copy of the script and went into super detective mode. M’s daughter shouldve just told the cops its this nikka grab his phone and saved us 30
Minutes

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
7.5/10

This film is not meant to be taken seriously and goddamn it’s entertaining. This is M Night’s most accessible film since Unbreakable. The pacing really flowed especially as the concert picked up and the suspense was built very fluidly after they left the concert.

Josh Hartnett carried this shyt on his back like he was walking through a village with no cars or roads. This was a masterclass in acting. Shamadingdong’s daughter did a good job of just being a vessel to help the movie progress.

They played to her strengths showcasing her musical talents and having her kindness counter the aggressiveness from Josh.

This was very much a modern take on Halloween + Psycho and I felt he executed it well. It was silly, traces of b-movie goofiness, just fun & dumb. I can see people finding issues with how easy things were going, how unbelievable it was for Josh to magically find a way every single time but it was obviously done on purpose. 10-15 mins could’ve been shaved off.

I’ll probably watch this again, it’s a very calm date night movie/movie to make fun of with your friends. I can easily see them making a sequel/franchise off this.
I agree, really easy watch and fun movie. Harnett was fukking amazing in this shyt too. I am hoping they make this a franchise because Harnett is made for this role.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Needs a prequel that somehow prevents it from existing
I can definitely see this movie getting referenced or being apart. Of M Night’s movie universe like how Split existed in the Unbreakable universe.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I mean, after seeing this movie I can see M Night is capable of just about any stupid, preposterous, convoluted, retarded idea you could fathom.

At 38, my M. Knight history goes back to seeing The Sixth Sense about 25 years ago to the date, in late July 1999. That was an incredible watch at 13 years old.

Unbreakable the next year was even better. That was such a fun movie to see in theaters at that age. But, watching Signs in 2002, I walked out of the theater with my friends, like what the fukk was that?

Didn't see The Village in theaters, but did see in a girls bed, similar to Signs, in that the execution and budget was excellent, but the movie itself was what the fukk was that?

Skipping around until The Happening in 2008, that looked really good. It was not. And every M Knight since then with exception of The Visit which was a mistake, I refuse to see. His budgets have gone back and forth, but who he is as a filmmaker has never improved or surpassed what he did in his earlier years. He got arrogant and self referencing, ironic, instead of sincere, desperate to defy critics or laugh at them with twist endings, or non twist endings.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
At 38, my M. Knight history goes back to seeing The Sixth Sense about 25 years ago to the date, in late July 1999. That was an incredible watch at 13 years old.

Unbreakable the next year was even better. That was such a fun movie to see in theaters at that age. But, watching Signs in 2002, I walked out of the theater with my friends, like what the fukk was that?

Didn't see The Village in theaters, but did see in a girls bed, similar to Signs, in that the execution and budget was excellent, but the movie itself was what the fukk was that?

Skipping around until The Happening in 2008, that looked really good. It was not. And every M Knight since then with exception of The Visit which was a mistake, I refuse to see. His budgets have gone back and forth, but who he is as a filmmaker has never improved or surpassed what he did in his earlier years. He got arrogant and self referencing, ironic, instead of sincere, desperate to defy critics or laugh at them with twist endings, or non twist endings.

This is fighting with Mr. Brooks for the title of most disgraceful serial killer movie made. Hilariously stupid writing.