‘Trap’ (Starring Josh Hartnett, dir. by M. Night Shyamalan) | Official Trailer (8/9)

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
This is fighting with Mr. Brooks for the title of most disgraceful serial killer movie made. Hilariously stupid writing.

oh that seems apparent, Mr. Brooks. Saw that in 2007.

Surprised that you even put up with his bullshyt, given you have really discerning taste and are older than me. Not to say you know better in a bad way lol but yeah

his whole approach to movies has been hackneyed for a long long time. His best Hitchcock homages always give way to laughably bad writing and quasi religious approaches. Maybe his budgets and the 90's filmmaking style covered some of this, but The Sixth Sense and Unreakable hold up. But they have the prestige markings of James Newton Howard scores and some good director of photography or whatever.

These new movies seem marked by his diminished budgets, social media reactions, and the same storytelling flaws that he struggled with since Signs.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Also, saw Devil in 2010 in good faith, and The Visit, each time I felt like why did I set myself up for this?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
At 38, my M. Knight history goes back to seeing The Sixth Sense about 25 years ago to the date, in late July 1999. That was an incredible watch at 13 years old.

Unbreakable the next year was even better. That was such a fun movie to see in theaters at that age. But, watching Signs in 2002, I walked out of the theater with my friends, like what the fukk was that?

Didn't see The Village in theaters, but did see in a girls bed, similar to Signs, in that the execution and budget was excellent, but the movie itself was what the fukk was that?

Skipping around until The Happening in 2008, that looked really good. It was not. And every M Knight since then with exception of The Visit which was a mistake, I refuse to see. His budgets have gone back and forth, but who he is as a filmmaker has never improved or surpassed what he did in his earlier years. He got arrogant and self referencing, ironic, instead of sincere, desperate to defy critics or laugh at them with twist endings, or non twist endings.

Did you watch Split?

James McAvoy and Anya Taylor-Joy made that movie.

I stopped watching his movies after The Happening and I skipped The Village.

Walt

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
oh that seems apparent, Mr. Brooks. Saw that in 2007.

Surprised that you even put up with his bullshyt, given you have really discerning taste and are older than me. Not to say you know better in a bad way lol but yeah

his whole approach to movies has been hackneyed for a long long time. His best Hitchcock homages always give way to laughably bad writing and quasi religious approaches. Maybe his budgets and the 90's filmmaking style covered some of this, but The Sixth Sense and Unreakable hold up. But they have the prestige markings of James Newton Howard scores and some good director of photography or whatever.

These new movies seem marked by his diminished budgets, social media reactions, and the same storytelling flaws that he struggled with since Signs.

He's like the Cuba Gooding of directing - I'll watch to be perpetually astounded by just how low he goes.

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
As usual, great premise. Execution could have been better. This is probably one of his better movies though.

Was kinda vibing to a few of those tracks

:russ:

Nice touch on the OCD after they dropped hints of it earlier.

Movie was filmed at the Roger's Center at least the exterior. I haven't been there in years but the interior looked completely different.
I had to stop myself for dancing at some parts. I was ashamed of myself. :snoop:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was a fun popcorn B grade movie. I can see it becoming a cult classic on TNT or Tubi. Very entertaining, but also full of plotholes and contrivances that really blow any real plausibility. We had fun with it though, even though it should have ended several times before it did. lol. I'm kinda hoping he does a sequel. 7/10

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
This was a fun popcorn B grade movie. I can see it becoming a cult classic on TNT or Tubi. Very entertaining, but also full of plotholes and contrivances that really blow any real plausibility. We had fun with it though, even though it should have ended several times before it did. lol. I'm kinda hoping he does a sequel. 7/10
Absolutely my thoughts on it. Saw it yesterday for AMC’s Tuesday discount. This is a cool one time viewing at least :manny: