Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (June 9, 2023)

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
It seems like they didnt do anything with the beast wars characters now tho. Ive only see Optimal Optimus, Cheetor, Rhinox, Airrazor and Tigertron vs some no name predacons and deceptacons in the trailers.

This a crazy slap in the face. Airrazor and Tigertron are bottom tier characters on the show.

Having a beast wars movie without Rattrap and Dinobot is like having a ninja turtles movie without Mickey and Raphael. No Megatron either. :dahell:

What is with this franchise’s obsession with wack ass bumblebee? Is their anybody a fan of this fakkit ass yellow car? Wtf
Only reason why they Stan so hard for bumblebee is the appeal to kids. Can’t think of any other reason.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
It was cool. It's the best since the Dark of the Moon, to me. They picked some weak Autobots to ride along Optimus though.

The soundtrack was fire, main bul was cool. But please stop making Bumblebee a thing.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Two questions

Does Tobe Nwigwe have a large role in the film or is it just a glorified cameo? None of the reviews mention him or his performance at ALL

Is the Tobe and Nas song On My Soul incorporated into the movie?

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Two questions

Does Tobe Nwigwe have a large role in the film or is it just a glorified cameo? None of the reviews mention him or his performance at ALL

Is the Tobe and Nas song On My Soul incorporated into the movie?
1. more on the cameo side.
2. end credits song. Music within the film is 90's hip-hop (nas represent makes an appearance :ahh: )

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
I caught the early showing of this this morning. It was aight. Im glad i could actually see what was going on in the fights this time. In some of the other transformers movies I would just see metal, sparks, and wires flying all over the place, and I couldn't tell whichc transformers were good or bad during the fights.

-That Tobe Nwigwe dude is super annoying to me. :scust:
-It seemed like it took a long time before the Maximals showed back up
-The fight scenes were done well. like i said, i could actually tell what was going on compared to the other movies.
-Optimus pops alot of anti-human shyt for a guy who has damn near failed at keeping his species alive
-GI Joe cameo was cool.
-otherwise the movie was pretty straight forward.

Last edited:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Just got done seeing it, I’d say it was a solid 7.5

If I rank the live action Transformer films I’d say:

Transformers
Bumblebee
Rise of the Beasts
Dark of the Moon
Age of Extinction
Revenge of the Fallen
The Last Knight
Agreed. This was fun but not as good as Bumblebee for me.

Had some cheese and extra cheese here n there, but fun overall. Thought I’d hate Pete Davidson but his character, Mirage, was cool.

Hope they pull off the sequels and spin-offs well.

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The way they set up a 'Hasbro-verse' with G.I. Joe at the end I'm surprised they set Power Rangers as a fictional show in this universe. A Power Rangers reboot is supposed to be coming next year, and I imagine that franchise has way more viability than G.I. Hoe.

Ngl tho, seeing Noah’s character wearing the Mirage suit made me feel like it would’ve fit more as a Power Rangers character than GI Joe