Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (June 9, 2023)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It's not dark though, aside from Optimus dying. Like I said, I lived it. I recorded it on VHS, later bought the VHS, then bought the DVD. I never stopped watching it...it's not dark. Even by '89 I didn't think it was dark because of the bad humor. They suits didn't even think it was dark, and had no clue Optimus would get the response he had. Most of the ones that died came back, and the rest that died were like Jazz dying in the first Bay movie, no one cared. Then you have the Junkions that talk in TV, the Sharkticons that are pointless, Unicron that does nothing.

I still watch it regularly, never stopped watching it, because it's mostly entertaining. But Land Before Time was dark. Transformers was a regular thing
plus they played motherfukkin weird al :russ:

G1 was nowhere near "dark" for the stuff you exactly said.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Lol I don't think I can sit through that dated cg beast wars animation like I did when i was a kid
I had reservations myself. Beast wars was where I checked out as a kid, but there are so many things more horrible with the movie it doesn't become an issue.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
When was Transformers dark and gritty? The cartoon definitely wasn't. And Spike was like second lead...he prob in more episodes than Optimus. Okay Optimus dying had kids crying, I was there, I lived it...but the movie also had Junkions & Sharkticons.

The movie was okay.
Yeah Transformers was never as gritty as some people seem to be remembering. Asking that a story about talking cars that turn into robots be made strictly with grown men in mind sounds a bit silly when you say it out loud :pachaha:

I thought the human element in this movie was at a minimal really. Only two main human characters, no military force taking out robots...

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yeah Transformers was never as gritty as some people seem to be remembering. Asking that a story about talking cars that turn into robots be made strictly with grown men in mind sounds a bit silly when you say it out loud :pachaha:

I thought the human element in this movie was at a minimal really. Only two main human characters, no military force taking out robots...
same

they've toned down the human shyt considerably with BB and now this.

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
I’m out for future Transfomers movies until they start looking like this

devastator.jpg