Trailer for “The American Society Of Magical Negroes” dropped!

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Black peoples still making “white folk” movies. Can we start making interesting clever movies for a change. I know we dont have hollywoood money to make blockbusters but please stop with this shyt :stopitslime:
breh, the film industry is the one entertainment industry that black folks just haven't mastered or been creative enough in

you still have movies like The Blackinging still being greenlit.

everything has to be centered around race or have a race angle

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What’s happened to black movies that spoke to and were for black people? The 90’s and early 00’s had a gang of em, but 2012 and beyond is nothing but “hey white people, you suck but let me teach you about us by inviting one or two of you to the cookout”…

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
What’s happened to black movies that spoke to and were for black people? The 90’s and early 00’s had a gang of em, but 2012 and beyond is nothing but “hey white people, you suck but let me teach you about us by inviting one or two of you to the cookout”…

I feel like it’s environment more than anything. It’s kind of like asking why a current 20 year old isn’t making similar music as Nas in 94. A lot of lost recipes out there.

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Bro facts. It’s 2024. Everyone has the internet inches away from their palms. So done with this let’s teach white people about white supremacy shyt. It’s not funny anymore.

In the great words of Mr 3000

“But they be steady clappin' when you talk about
bytches, and switches, and hoes, and clothes, and weed
Let's talk about time travelin', rhyme javelin
Somethin' mind unravelin', get down

And that applies to oppression entertainment as well. The “we black y’all” bullshyt. We got more to say

Sauce and Footwork

Superstar
Daps
Not to mention they making these we live in a white world movies with hella white people casted . Whether they extras or main stars. nikkas is legit making movies to give the impression of black rebellion against white society, in reality none of these movies say anything of significance. They just re tell the same stories in different settings and employ a shyt ton of white people and collect they ideas.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Tubi has what you’re looking for, sis.