Trailer for “The American Society Of Magical Negroes” dropped!

Spence

Superstar
Daps
If it was more focused on actual white supremacy tropes and magic negroes in movies it would have been better. The fact it’s a romantic comedy was done to make CACs comfortable.
They had me that first 2 minutes and then it completely fkn nosedived.

The whole movie could’ve just been about him going around blasting white supremacy out the water :beli:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I was half in half out just off the title, but the fact that they turned this into a romcom has me all the way out.

Daps
Man I'm tired of this new wave of so called "black" movies.

They're always ready to use the lingo and tropes around the "black experience" as defined by twitter and as such it always ends up looking like it begs for white validation.

Movie looks painfully lame.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Saw this not too long ago. This shyt got more dislikes than likes. I didn't like it myself but it does remind me of the Key and Peele sketch. I honestly do not think this had ANY potential as a full length film (unless Martin Lawrence starred in the early 00's). This looks exactly as I thought it would when I read the movie title like some new blacks turned a black twitter thread into a movie where the joke would surely run thin.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:hhh:I’m glad more people are picking up on this trend of “new blacks” movies/tv shows. Dear White People, Antebellum, The Other Black Girl, this movie, etc. Are all made by Shea butter Twitter/the root type black people looking for white validation.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
why couldn't it be a movie about Black people with magical powers doing cool sh!t?
Because this is a movie staring black people made mostly for "woke" (if that's even a valid term) white people. You know the type of white people you hear complain about white males when they themselves are white.