Tragic Mulatto Alexandra Shipp decries racism because fan wants a Black recasting of Storm

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Knowing Storm from the comics she would probably agree with her:mjlol:
Image-4-Storm-Tokenism.png
That’s not storm

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Coming out of a white vagina and claiming black is the biggest divider in the black community

But of course that white vagina is forgotten about once someone who is mixed race becomes president, leads a modern day civil rights movement or declares themselves not black.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I agree, this mulatto has no business playing Storm.

The role should go to a talented black actress that other black women can identify with, someone like Meghan Markle.
Meghan Markle would never call herself a strong black woman.

My fantasy Storm is Grace Jones. Will never happen.

I respect Halle for trying to tackle the role. This Ship girl is just your basic half-white chick, like the Perrineau girl in Jem. No real black women allowed. Still better than Meghan.

Last edited:

GodsPerspective

Superstar
Daps
But of course that white vagina is forgotten about once someone who is mixed race becomes president, leads a modern day civil rights movement or declares themselves not black.
Stop these sweeping generalizations :hhh:
Anyone who says Obama is black feels the same about all the other half casts like Kapernick and Halle Berry.

Obama isn't black and I have never felt otherwise about biracials.

Me and my fam don't claim y'all:lolbron:

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I collected X-Men comics in the 80's and 90's, and watched the cartoon, and Storm has always been dark-skinned. Light skinned Storm didn't come about until Halle Berry in the movies.
iu

Wesley Snipes is Dark Skin.Storm wasnt Dark Skin. Halle Berry is literally the same shade.
iu

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Nope..its reality. Jews dont go about life thinking you love them. Thats why they are successful and we are not, always seeking validation approval and acceptance.
They're successful because they are clannish xenophobes, not because theu don't want acceptance.

Jews want everybody to accept them while not accepting everybody else. And then there's the fake-out assimilation scams.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
iu

Wesley Snipes is Dark Skin.Storm wasnt Dark Skin. Halle Berry is literally the same shade.
iu
Storm's mother was an African princess and her father a brilliant dark skin doctor. Any coloring choices have to do with the inkers, not her true skin tone.

Real storm is Danai or Lupita colored.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Storm's mother was an African princess and her father a brilliant dark skin doctor. Any coloring choices have to do with the inkers, not her true skin tone.

Real storm is Danai or Lupita colored.

That doesn't necessarily mean the child will be dark skin all of the time. I thought we come in all shades and colors.

Cabbage Patch

Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Stop these sweeping generalizations :hhh:
Anyone who says Obama is black feels the same about all the other half casts like Kapernick and Halle Berry.

Obama isn't black and I have never felt otherwise about biracials.

Me and my fam don't claim y'all:lolbron:
Obama is blacker than Clarence Thomas. Both men are still black.

Mario Van Peebles is a black man. You can't tell me the women in your family didn't consider him black.

Frederick Douglas is black. Even if your family disagrees.

This new embrace of mullatoism is about white women's control of the children they bear and recognition that black is detrimental but white is out of reach. White women who value blackness are rare. These new white women have no connection to Civil Rights or political value of embracing blackness, and don't want any.